New-b Here! Be nice! PA StripleR rider - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > New Member Introductions (For Noobs!)

New Member Introductions (For Noobs!) Are you new here? Just want to say hi? This is a great place to introduce yourself or ask beginner questions.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > New-b Here! Be nice! PA StripleR rider

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-07-2015, 10:19 AM   #1
tspoon
Weekend Warrior
Noobie
tspoon's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 12:33 AM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
tspoon is a glorious beacon of lighttspoon is a glorious beacon of lighttspoon is a glorious beacon of lighttspoon is a glorious beacon of lighttspoon is a glorious beacon of lighttspoon is a glorious beacon of lighttspoon is a glorious beacon of lighttspoon is a glorious beacon of lighttspoon is a glorious beacon of lighttspoon is a glorious beacon of lighttspoon is a glorious beacon of light
Default New-b Here! Be nice! PA StripleR rider

Hi all fighters!

My name is Sean or TSPOON.

I started riding at the very start of this past season on a 2009 Ninja 250r. Prior to that, I had zilch riding experience (unless you count a bicycle) . I took it very seriously; I took the Motorycyle Safety Course at my local dealer (North American Warhorse)/DMV and it was a blast...not to mention effective. I spent countless hours learning about the theories and how-to's of riding. I took my father’s and countless other's advice on starting on the Ninja 250, and I am so very glad that I did; I find myself ramming the same idea into my friends heads who want to just jump right onto a 600cc as their first bike. I only had one minor spill while practicing maximum lean angle in a parking lot, other than that it was all smooth sailing, and not to mention FUN…I was in love.

After a few months and a few thousand miles a week (I rode/ride constantly) I decided I wanted to get a bike that I have had my eye on since I first occupied the idea of riding. Never did I think that I would have gotten this bike so soon, but I was set on it and I was going to make it happen. Aaaand that bike is Duh Duhh Duhduhhhhh—the Triumph Street Triple R. I got a used 2009 STR while I still had my Ninja and frantically tried to find a buyer for the Leaner-mobile, as I was eager to get my funds back up…I found a buyer in a few weeks. What attracted me to the STR is, well, everything about it! I love naked bikes, I love the power delivery of the 3 cylinder engine, I love the styling of it, and I LOVE how you get the performance of a race replica but with a more comfortable seating position and more useable power curve. The thing is a beast! It handles like a dream, with that short wheel base and all, the brakes are unbelievable strong (thank you Daytona), and I can go on and on forever about what I like about this bike. I plan on keeping this bad boy for a long time and intend to do some mods to it as time goes on- I would love to chop the sub frame and bob the seat OR toss the Daytona rear end on it, as I have seen others do. That mod is actually what attracted me to register for this site. But enough about the Striple..

My next move was to buy a used cruiser and make a bobber out of it with the help of Blue Collar Bobbers’ line of “bolt-on” bobber parts. I have never been into cruisers much but I like to tinker with things, like the look of bobbers, and could use a cycle to just bop around town on when not riding spiritedly. I was thinking a blvd or a vstar and had all the parts/$$ mapped out. Well upon my searching for a candidate for tspoon’s monster garage, I came across a 2009 1100 Vstar that was ALREADY in the midst of getting a Blue Collar Bobber make-over. It already had most of the parts that I wanted to put on it..the EXACT parts. While I was a bit disappointed that I wasn’t going to be involved in the make-over as heavily as I intended, I could not pass up the deal. I got the darn thing for $2,800 and it had about $700 in parts that I was going to buy for it anyway. The thing is a bute and exactly what I was looking for. I am very satisfied with the purchase and still have some plans in store for the build.

I find most joy in riding through the country (we have nice, long, windy, fairly unpopulated roads around here that weave and roll through the mountains and seem to go on forever). Every time I hop on the bike, I get a rush of feeling excited, alive, and vulnerable all at once. I am DYING to get to a track and to have the opportunity to really push my limits and expand my skills, however, I do not know of many options in the North Eastern PA area…maybe Pocono Mountain, but I need to research it more.

Well, I hope that I did not write too much and am not going to discourage people from reading my first post haha but I can talk about bikes for DAYS, and often do. ;p

Say Hi, please..I am hoping to be involved on the community here.

[IMG][/IMG]
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	V Star Bobber.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	391.7 KB
ID:	60217   Click image for larger version

Name:	Striple and V Star.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	502.2 KB
ID:	60225   Click image for larger version

Name:	PicsArt_1419284264984.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	497.0 KB
ID:	60233   Click image for larger version

Name:	PicsArt_1419284584768.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	457.5 KB
ID:	60241   Click image for larger version

Name:	PicsArt_1420572867311.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	324.1 KB
ID:	60249  

tspoon is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived tspoon!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-07-2015, 11:19 AM   #2
Cookie2000ad
Persuasion Engineered
Cookie2000ad's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:33 AM
Flip Offs: 166
Flipped Off 59 Times in 27 Posts
Cookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CK
Default Medal Burnout Contest Winner Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: New-b Here! Be nice! PA StripleR rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by tspoon View Post
I would love to chop the sub frame and bob the seat OR toss the Daytona rear end on it, as I have seen others do. That mod is actually what attracted me to register for this site.
Would that be Pariah's Triple? Love what's going on with his bike, and well, i obviously love that subbie!

Welcome to CF! I read most of your intro looking forward to your build thread(s).
Cookie2000ad is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-07-2015, 11:29 AM   #3
MikeGyver
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
MikeGyver's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:33 PM
Flip Offs: 312
Flipped Off 173 Times in 149 Posts
MikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too much
Default Medal Fighter of the Month 

Welcome to CF! That is an excellent intro, so I repped you. Glad to have you. Immerse yourself in CF and good things will happen.

Where did the nickname TSpoon come from?

'98 Ducati 916
'00 Ducati 996
'03 SV650(sold)

Skully Stickers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danbuc View Post
yell, "Built not bought mother fucker!" in there face and then spit on their bike and walk off.
MikeGyver is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived MikeGyver!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-07-2015, 11:35 AM   #4
tspoon
Weekend Warrior
Noobie
tspoon is a glorious beacon of lighttspoon is a glorious beacon of lighttspoon is a glorious beacon of lighttspoon is a glorious beacon of lighttspoon is a glorious beacon of lighttspoon is a glorious beacon of lighttspoon is a glorious beacon of lighttspoon is a glorious beacon of lighttspoon is a glorious beacon of lighttspoon is a glorious beacon of lighttspoon is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie2000ad View Post
Would that be Pariah's Triple? Love what's going on with his bike, and well, i obviously love that subbie!

Welcome to CF! I read most of your intro looking forward to your build thread(s).
Hey, thanks for taking the time out to read most of my post haha Ik it was long and all.

Yes! I have seen his and a few others out here. I am not sure if I want to chop it off or swap it with the Daytona; I use the passenger seat as a place to strap my tail bag to, and it is quite useful. Both are very do-able, and can probably be completed before end of this winter.

I am looking forward to having custom fighters behind me with the builds also. oh and nice bike!

2009 Ninja 250r- Sold
2009 Triumph Street Triple R - Main Squeeze
2009 1100 V Star Military-style Bobber

I guess 2009 was my year!
This user High Fived tspoon!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-07-2015, 11:37 AM   #5
tspoon
Weekend Warrior
Noobie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeGyver View Post
Welcome to CF! That is an excellent intro, so I repped you. Glad to have you. Immerse yourself in CF and good things will happen.

Where did the nickname TSpoon come from?
Wow, thanks! I am glad to see such a quick response from the community! I really like what goes on here.

Ha, well I believe it came as a derivative of my last name-Teeple. One of my friends started calling me it in about the 6th grade, and it stuck!

2009 Ninja 250r- Sold

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-07-2015, 11:52 AM   #6
MikeGyver
MikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too much

Quote:
Ha, well I believe it came as a derivative of my last name-Teeple. One of my friends started calling me it in about the 6th grade, and it stuck!
Right on! I thought it was unique so I thought I'd ask.

'98 Ducati 916
'00 Ducati 996
'03 SV650(sold)

Skully Stickers

Quote:
yell, "Built not bought mother fucker!" in there face and then spit on their bike and walk off.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-07-2015, 12:11 PM   #7
Cookie2000ad
Persuasion Engineered
Cookie2000ad's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:33 AM
Flip Offs: 166
Flipped Off 59 Times in 27 Posts
Cookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CK
Default Medal Burnout Contest Winner Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
I use the passenger seat as a place to strap my tail bag to, and it is quite useful. Both are very do-able, and can probably be completed before end of this winter.
Me too, i carry everything and pretty much anything on the back of my bikes (no car), so i had to keep a rear seat. In the future i plan on getting a second rear seat to make something like this:

But, well, built, not bought. Steal my idea though and i'll go Liam Neeson all up in here.
Cookie2000ad is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Cookie2000ad!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-07-2015, 12:29 PM   #8
MikeGyver

Quote:
Steal my idea though and i'll go Liam Neeson all up in here.
And what, take your shirt off?

'98 Ducati 916
'00 Ducati 996
'03 SV650(sold)

Skully Stickers

Quote:
These people High Fived MikeGyver!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-07-2015, 12:32 PM   #9
tspoon
Weekend Warrior
Noobie

Quote:
Me too, i carry everything and pretty much anything on the back of my bikes (no car), so i had to keep a rear seat. In the future i plan on getting a second rear seat to make something like this:

But, well, built, not bought. Steal my idea though and i'll go Liam Neeson all up in here.
That looks pretty slick, and effective! I was actually playing around with some ideas involving the plate luggage racks that are available for the Striple yesterday, but integrating it INTO the seat did not come to mind.

Hahah Liam Neeson on me..."goodluck" [hang up phone]...

2009 Ninja 250r- Sold

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-07-2015, 02:45 PM   #10
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

Welcome to CF. That's a nice diversity of bike you have there. One for each mood. Good luck on your Striple plans. See ya around the forum...
shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > New Member Introductions (For Noobs!)