cb750 with a cbr600rr motor - Page 2 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Technical Section > Street Fighter Swaps > Engine Swaps

Engine Swaps Engine Swap Discussion goes here

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > cb750 with a cbr600rr motor

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-20-2015, 11:02 PM   #11
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 10:29 AM
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: cb750 with a cbr600rr motor

Congrats on the little one!

These bikes just had long legs in stock form. Then dropping from a 19" tire to a 17" with a low sidewall aspect ratio makes it even worse. But it sounds like you know what you're doing. Pulling the rake in is a great idea. The head angles on these old standards was pretty lazy.

F2 & F3 forks work really well on these bikes as far as height and tree offset with all other things being stock, but I'm sure you're not interested in running 20 year old conventional forks

DW!
shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-21-2015, 01:23 AM   #12
hrdy
Noobie
CF Pimp
hrdy's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 10:29 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 22 Times in 14 Posts
hrdy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!hrdy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!hrdy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!hrdy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!hrdy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!hrdy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!hrdy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!hrdy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!hrdy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!hrdy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!hrdy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 

cbr6rr engine looked small on cb frame
hrdy is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived hrdy!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-21-2015, 01:53 AM   #13
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrdy View Post
cbr6rr engine looked small on cb frame
Nice pic for reference. Makes you wonder about air cleaner possibilities.
shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-21-2015, 12:07 PM   #14
mrmauiwaowi
NoObie
Noobie
mrmauiwaowi's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:29 AM
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
mrmauiwaowi is a NOOB

Yeah I'm pretty set on the 600rr motor just because its about the hp im looking for, id like to keep in in the honda family, id like to keep to in the 03-14 years/technology range and they typically go on ebay for a price i like. I'm actually trying to find the dimensions on the motor height etc so i can determine just how difficult it will be to fit up a custom air box or pods with an elbow fitting... I'm open to other motors but i want to see if i can do the 600rr first then work from there. I'm wanting to alter the backbone on the frame to cradle the motor and give me some more room up top similar to the modern sport bike frames and that means ill have to alter the tank again but oh well. If anyone has access to an 03-12 motor and wants to shoot me some general measurements i would appreciate it... otherwise ill probably be creeping around dealerships looking for a used bike to measure on before i decide for certain.
mrmauiwaowi is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived mrmauiwaowi!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-21-2015, 12:15 PM   #15
mrmauiwaowi
NoObie
Noobie
mrmauiwaowi is a NOOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillsy View Post
You can get a stepped top clamp to slide the forks down a bit (well, I know they make them for Busa fronts to fit to GSX14's).

Biggest problem you're going to find with putting a modern motor in that chassis is the intakes point to the sky and you've got a backbone frame in the way. Maybe a Z1000 motor or ZRX would be a better choice as the intake tracts are closer to horizontal.
Good idea, cognito moto make a conversion stem for the R1 to cb750 and I'm hoping it will fit so i dont have to have a custom triple machined, but if i can do a stepped top clamp made for the R1 then i will definitely go that route...or I'll just pay a zillion times as much and have one made...still searching for a good machine shop with a good rep here in San Antonio since ill inevitably need one.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-21-2015, 05:07 PM   #16
4cups

I like it, thinking outside the box is always good

I think the intake & tank fitment are going to be your main issues with fitting the motor & there maybe a problem squeezing the rad in if you shorten the rake too much, its probably going to be tight anyway at a guess

I look forward to seeing where you got with this
  Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-22-2015, 01:20 PM   #17
mrmauiwaowi
NoObie
Noobie
mrmauiwaowi is a NOOB

Okay so i found some good CAD models and an amazing resource. http://www.wwufsae.com/Shared_FSAE_CAD_Library/

Its a collection of fsae cad models and the motor selection is vast and is broken down to air filter model and all individual parts etc... great public resource for anyone building motors. I'm going to compare some measurements after work and get a general idea of how to proceed.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-23-2015, 12:57 AM   #18
mrmauiwaowi
NoObie
Noobie
mrmauiwaowi is a NOOB

Okay i think i can squeeze the 600 motor in there, its gonna take some trickery but i'm not in an hurry and i got time to screw up and re-do (only a couple times hopefully). I'm going to throw together a rendering and ill put it up when i get somewhere. There might not be too much "cb" left on the bike when i get finished but that doesn't matter to me much.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-23-2015, 12:21 PM   #19
ultimate fighter
Remi's Dad
ultimate fighter's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 1,427
Flipped Off 875 Times in 399 Posts
ultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympus
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

When pulling in the rake be careful not to kill the space under the neck.
You have to fit a radiator now!

I've contemplated doing this often but i end up building a new frame practically.

UF's 2017 winter buildoff MOE POWA
talk about my junk
Quote:
Originally Posted by yantosh View Post
CB is cool as fuck , proper old skool kick your cunt in for looking at it funny
ultimate fighter is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived ultimate fighter!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-27-2015, 11:05 PM   #20
mrmauiwaowi
NoObie
Noobie
mrmauiwaowi is a NOOB

A drawing i threw together but its just a starting point. I'm going to practice a little pipe bending and notching for now and keep mulling it over. I'm going to try and work out a frame to where i can keep more of the original cb750 but still cradle the motor as a stressed member...and without adding 40lbs of metal... if anyone has frame references or pics i would love to see some good ideas. I know people have done builds similar but i seem to be having a hard time finding much variety or detail on said limited variety of pics/builds. The "cafe" style one is just an idea from when i was still planning to leave the rebuilt 750 in it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fightforyourrightsharing.jpg
Views:	237
Size:	176.7 KB
ID:	65577   Click image for larger version

Name:	cafe rendersharing.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	114.6 KB
ID:	65585  

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Technical Section > Street Fighter Swaps > Engine Swaps