2007 Gixxer 1000 Build - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > 2007 Gixxer 1000 Build

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-12-2009, 08:28 PM   #1
Gixxer Jon
Noobie
Gixxer Jon's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:32 AM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Gixxer Jon is a NOOB
Talking 2007 Gixxer 1000 Build

This is my official build thread for my Gixxer K7. On October 18, 2009 I did something stupid and wrecked my bike. The frame was damaged on a fairing mounting tab toward the front. My goal is to repair the frame and rebuild this beast into a fire-breathing streetfighter. This is the bike before the wreck:

And here's what it looks like now:

I'll be keeping stock plastics on the tail because I really enjoy riding with my girlfriend and don't want to lose that by bobbing it (which was my first thought). The bike will be gloss and matte black and I plan (although this may be too lofty for me) to add a round gauge cluster and integrate it into the plastic gas tank cover. It will have dual headlights and I may leave off the belly pan unless I can find one that I really, really like. New levers, rearsets, chain and sprockets will be necessary.

I don't think this thread will really take off until around tax time, but I tore it down to the frame today and wanted to start documenting my project. Cross your fingers for me - this is my first ever build!
Gixxer Jon is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Gixxer Jon!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-12-2009, 09:10 PM   #2
CK 187
CAPTAIN AWESOMEŽ

CK 187's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:32 AM
Flip Offs: 631
Flipped Off 470 Times in 171 Posts
CK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too much
Default Medal Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 
Default Re: 2007 Gixxer 1000 Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer Jon View Post

i need one of those for a track bike

do work man!!!!
CK 187 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived CK 187!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-12-2009, 09:17 PM   #3
NeverEnough
Yut-Ughhh

CF Addict
NeverEnough's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:32 AM
Flip Offs: 56
Flipped Off 30 Times in 25 Posts
NeverEnough is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!NeverEnough is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!NeverEnough is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!NeverEnough is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!NeverEnough is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!NeverEnough is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!NeverEnough is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!NeverEnough is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!NeverEnough is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!NeverEnough is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!NeverEnough is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Winter Buildoff Winner 

NIIIIIICE! DW MAN!!!!

YUT-UGHHHh
NeverEnough is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-12-2009, 09:32 PM   #4
xtremewlr
Trackwhore, R1 fighterer
Fighterer
xtremewlr's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:32 AM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 3 Times in 3 Posts
xtremewlr is a good noobiextremewlr is a good noobiextremewlr is a good noobie

Hope the frame can be fixed! Great base for a fighter, nice start
xtremewlr is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-13-2009, 01:13 AM   #5
Jixxer Josh
Relax...Just Haul Ass!!
Fighter
Jixxer Josh's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
Jixxer Josh is a glorious beacon of lightJixxer Josh is a glorious beacon of lightJixxer Josh is a glorious beacon of lightJixxer Josh is a glorious beacon of lightJixxer Josh is a glorious beacon of lightJixxer Josh is a glorious beacon of lightJixxer Josh is a glorious beacon of lightJixxer Josh is a glorious beacon of lightJixxer Josh is a glorious beacon of lightJixxer Josh is a glorious beacon of light

Welcome to the forum man. I had a similar problem back in May. Here's where I have gotten so far. Current and Before my little incident.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC08373.JPG
Views:	289
Size:	251.7 KB
ID:	11198  
Attached Images

Jixxer Josh is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Jixxer Josh!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-13-2009, 04:17 PM   #6
Gixxer Jon
Noobie
Gixxer Jon is a NOOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jixxer Josh View Post
Welcome to the forum man. I had a similar problem back in May. Here's where I have gotten so far. Current and Before my little incident.
Thanks! I'm glad you posted up pics of yours. I've been a little bit worried about how huge the radiator will look naked, but yours looks good. That helps.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-13-2009, 06:14 PM   #7
xtremewlr
Trackwhore, R1 fighterer
Fighterer
xtremewlr's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:32 AM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 3 Times in 3 Posts
xtremewlr is a good noobiextremewlr is a good noobiextremewlr is a good noobie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer Jon View Post
Thanks! I'm glad you posted up pics of yours. I've been a little bit worried about how huge the radiator will look naked, but yours looks good. That helps.
I don't think the GSXR rad will look any where near as large as the one on my R1 does. Not stupid big but it's still pretty large. If it isn't already, I would suggest painting it black as that will help hide the size some. And put a radiator guard on it too.
xtremewlr is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived xtremewlr!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-14-2009, 08:51 AM   #8
Gixxer Jon
Noobie
Gixxer Jon is a NOOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremewlr View Post
I don't think the GSXR rad will look any where near as large as the one on my R1 does. Not stupid big but it's still pretty large. If it isn't already, I would suggest painting it black as that will help hide the size some. And put a radiator guard on it too.
Then I guess I can be thankful I don't have an R1.

I've got a Cox radiator guard that survived the crash, and I'll keep that on there. Painting it black sounds like a good idea as well. The less silver, shiny crap I have on the front of the bike the better it will look, I think.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-22-2009, 01:00 PM   #9
Jixxer Josh
Relax...Just Haul Ass!!
Fighter
Jixxer Josh's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
Jixxer Josh is a glorious beacon of lightJixxer Josh is a glorious beacon of lightJixxer Josh is a glorious beacon of lightJixxer Josh is a glorious beacon of lightJixxer Josh is a glorious beacon of lightJixxer Josh is a glorious beacon of lightJixxer Josh is a glorious beacon of lightJixxer Josh is a glorious beacon of lightJixxer Josh is a glorious beacon of lightJixxer Josh is a glorious beacon of light

LOL!! Actually i saw a pic of an 06 1000 with the sides of the rad painted black and it looked really good.
Jixxer Josh is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-07-2010, 04:26 PM   #10
Gixxer Jon
Noobie
Gixxer Jon is a NOOB
Smile Re: 2007 Gixxer 1000 Build

Just got my frame back from the welder. I'll be piecing this thing back together from now until probably the end of the Summer. Who knows when it'll actually be street-worthy? Anyway, I hope to have a bike again soon!!
Attached Images

These people High Fived Gixxer Jon!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes