here we go again. Project duck's feather. - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > here we go again. Project duck's feather.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-12-2010, 04:20 PM   #1
Bailz
Senior Fighterer
Bailz's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:28 AM
Flip Offs: 1
Flipped Off 3 Times in 3 Posts
Bailz is a splendid one to beholdBailz is a splendid one to beholdBailz is a splendid one to beholdBailz is a splendid one to beholdBailz is a splendid one to beholdBailz is a splendid one to beholdBailz is a splendid one to beholdBailz is a splendid one to beholdBailz is a splendid one to beholdBailz is a splendid one to beholdBailz is a splendid one to behold
Default here we go again. Project duck's feather.

Well, after having my 'Blade stolen in mexico I was kinda bummed out and didn't really do much with bikes for a while. Now I'm back on the beat and my new project is underway...

The goal is to make a super light and snappy bike with lots of low end punch. a thing that handles like a razor and goes like a train.

soooo..

Take one part 748S frame, and combine with 1000DS engine.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/4652496...73765/#preview

Mix in complete 848 front end.

And 999R rear end
(pic pending)

I think we're off to a good start.

I've got a long way to go with this one. Electrical is going to be a bitch! I'll need to wire and program my own EFI because the stock system is closed loop so its junk for a custom project. I've got to mod the frame is several ways to make it fit right but it's going to be fun. The swingarm pivot in the DS engine's is higher than the 748 so ill have to work that out. I think i may chop the frame and mill the case to insert some eccentrics so that it will have an adjustable swingarm pivot height. The heads will be off to Guy Martin in quebec, the for most expert on desmo due heads in the country. A local 900SS with flat slides and his heads makes 102HP at the wheel (stock is like 70). I will also be running direct port nitrous injection. It makes big power for little cash if done right. We are working on making a vacuum molding rig at our shop and if it works out the bike will have extensive custom carbon fiber bits as well.

Its going to be a long, slow, expensive road for this one but the end product will be breath taking.

Adventurer by trade, Pikey by circumstance.
Bailz is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-12-2010, 04:28 PM   #2
fslflint
fighter transplant in NC
fslflint's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:28 AM
Flip Offs: 92
Flipped Off 225 Times in 69 Posts
fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 
Default Re: here we go again. Project duck's feather.

Sweeeet
fslflint is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-12-2010, 04:31 PM   #3
Scrapyard
Build It Ride It Live It
Scrapyard's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 6
Flipped Off 20 Times in 14 Posts
Scrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud of
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity Fighter of the Month 

Sounds cool. Welcome back bud. Was woundering where you dissapeared to.
Scrapyard is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-12-2010, 04:34 PM   #4
n0regret5
Commander Cool
n0regret5's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:28 PM
Flip Offs: 488
Flipped Off 214 Times in 150 Posts
n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

subscribed. killer....you have too much money

whats that black bike in the background of the frame and engine pic? looks mean

welcome back brother

n0regret5 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-12-2010, 04:49 PM   #5
Candyman
Perpetual Project

CF Pimp
Candyman's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flipped Off 2 Times in 2 Posts
Candyman is a name known to allCandyman is a name known to allCandyman is a name known to allCandyman is a name known to allCandyman is a name known to allCandyman is a name known to allCandyman is a name known to allCandyman is a name known to allCandyman is a name known to allCandyman is a name known to allCandyman is a name known to all
Fighter of the Month Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

Sounds like an awesome project, great bits to start off with.

Explain if you would the closed loop wiring system and why thats junk for a custom.

Built Not Bought

Let these hands sit not idle.
<SOLD<SOLD
Candyman is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-12-2010, 05:48 PM   #6
gsxrjez
Londons finest SRAD
Senior Fighterer
gsxrjez's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 10:28 AM
Flip Offs: 2
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
gsxrjez is a glorious beacon of lightgsxrjez is a glorious beacon of lightgsxrjez is a glorious beacon of lightgsxrjez is a glorious beacon of lightgsxrjez is a glorious beacon of lightgsxrjez is a glorious beacon of lightgsxrjez is a glorious beacon of lightgsxrjez is a glorious beacon of lightgsxrjez is a glorious beacon of light

Looks proper fun that does

Bill -
Quote:
Coronas in England!? What's next toothpaste?
SRADFIGHTER Build Thread

SRADFIGHTER Discussion Thread

SRAD BUILD PART 1

SRAD BUILD PART 2
gsxrjez is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-12-2010, 06:16 PM   #7
Tripped1
Fighterer
Tripped1's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:28 AM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Tripped1 is a good noobieTripped1 is a good noobieTripped1 is a good noobie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyman View Post
Sounds like an awesome project, great bits to start off with.

Explain if you would the closed loop wiring system and why thats junk for a custom.
The FI is closed loop meaning that it wants a specific range between intake and exhaust flow or the ECU codes and goes into limp mode. For that reason they aren't terribly tolerant to intake and exhaust modification. Add in the fact that Ducati locks the SHIT out of their ECUs and its a pain in the ass.

My understanding is that Tuneboy FINALLY manged to break the security on the stock Duc ECUs, that would be a hell of a lot easier then going with a custom solution a la microsquirt, I've had tuneboy for years and its a quality product. Plus if you using a 1000DS 2v motor cant it simply be converted to carb? I'm pretty sure they used them on at least one model of 1000DS, I'd have to look it up though.
Tripped1 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-13-2010, 01:29 AM   #8
Bailz
Senior Fighterer
Bailz's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:28 AM
Flipped Off 3 Times in 3 Posts
Bailz is a splendid one to beholdBailz is a splendid one to beholdBailz is a splendid one to beholdBailz is a splendid one to beholdBailz is a splendid one to beholdBailz is a splendid one to beholdBailz is a splendid one to beholdBailz is a splendid one to beholdBailz is a splendid one to beholdBailz is a splendid one to beholdBailz is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0regret5 View Post
subscribed. killer....you have too much money

whats that black bike in the background of the frame and engine pic? looks mean

welcome back brother
nah i just live in a van (yes really)

and the bike is a '72 triumph bonnie race bike with an 800-something-cc big bore, open primary ect ect. It fucking rips.

Adventurer by trade, Pikey by circumstance.
Bailz is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-13-2010, 03:57 AM   #9
gsf1200R
ShamanFighter
gsf1200R's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 485
Flipped Off 802 Times in 365 Posts
gsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympus

he lives in a van...down by the river woooooooooooo weeeeeeeeeeeeee
gsf1200R is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-13-2010, 12:49 PM   #10
929_adam
Eff Tee Pee
929_adam's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 501
Flipped Off 166 Times in 132 Posts
929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

glad to see your back at it Bailz. I was hoping you'd get going on another one.

Gavin Wayne Butts - Greencheezeeta - 10/5/83 - 9/8/09 RIP My Brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpls|cafe|racer
"Knowledge is knowing that you know nothing." That's a motto to live by. There's always someone out there better, more knowledgable, faster, etc. and you can always learn and improve...
AFF.COM
929_adam is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes