DIY cam-to-cam oilers? - Page 3 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Streetfighter Help Needed!

Streetfighter Help Needed! Need help with your 'fighter? Ask for help in here!

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > DIY cam-to-cam oilers?

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-13-2010, 10:29 PM   #21
n0regret5
Commander Cool
n0regret5's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:07 PM
Flip Offs: 488
Flipped Off 214 Times in 150 Posts
n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Default Re: DIY cam-to-cam oilers?

not the knucks one but kinda what i was talking about....just a plate, bolted to the head. does the same as the oil link mod; nothing. :-) but looks cool

n0regret5 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-14-2010, 12:38 AM   #22
Denver
KING SHIT OF FUCK ISLAND
Denver's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:07 AM
Flip Offs: 365
Flipped Off 415 Times in 238 Posts
Denver is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Denver is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Denver is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Denver is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Denver is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Denver is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Denver is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Denver is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Denver is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Denver is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Denver is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

Sven why are you so fucking informative... Must be that big ass noggin of yours retaining all the info at twice the rate of a normal human brain.

The Shitmobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motohorho View Post
If it brokes it brokes.
Denver is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-14-2010, 01:53 AM   #23
Scrapyard
Build It Ride It Live It
Scrapyard's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 6
Flipped Off 20 Times in 14 Posts
Scrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud of
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0regret5 View Post
not the knucks one but kinda what i was talking about....just a plate, bolted to the head. does the same as the oil link mod; nothing. :-) but looks cool

The advantage is cooling. You're moving the oil around faster so it doesn't build up with heat as much as a stock head. And lets think about this. What's the hotest part of the engine? The cylinder head. and what's absorbing most of that heat? the valve train. So if you can move cooler oil around the head and cams at a faster rate, you won't develop hot spots in that area as rapidly and your oil won't break down as fast. So, there is a benifit. As marginal as it may be, be still a benifit.
Scrapyard is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-14-2010, 01:59 AM   #24
Scrapyard
Build It Ride It Live It
Scrapyard's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 6
Flipped Off 20 Times in 14 Posts
Scrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud of
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity Fighter of the Month 

Candyman,

Sven was saying if you were to use the stock cam bolts. Drill and tap them to fit banjo bolts in them.

Goodridge also sells the adaptors, as well as Shnitz http://www.schnitzracingstore.com/ca...showprevnext=1
Scrapyard is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-14-2010, 08:12 AM   #25
Candyman
Perpetual Project

CF Pimp
Candyman's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 1
Flipped Off 2 Times in 2 Posts
Candyman is a name known to allCandyman is a name known to allCandyman is a name known to allCandyman is a name known to allCandyman is a name known to allCandyman is a name known to allCandyman is a name known to allCandyman is a name known to allCandyman is a name known to allCandyman is a name known to allCandyman is a name known to all
Fighter of the Month Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

Ah thanks Scraps, that makes more sense.

I pulled my valve cover last night to start to polish it and from what I could tell it looked like those bolts didn't line up with the cams but rather held the rocker arm pivot rods in place. Is there any danger of those going "boing" on me if I pull those bolts to put in cam-cam oilers in? Or do those bolts not go all the way through? I suppose a good look at the manual would tell me, but I'm at my work desk right now. And feeling lazy

Built Not Bought

Let these hands sit not idle.
<SOLD<SOLD
Candyman is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-14-2010, 08:22 AM   #26
fslflint
fighter transplant in NC
fslflint's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 92
Flipped Off 225 Times in 69 Posts
fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

I may have to see about making some billet ones eventually. Got an oil boiler project to think about
fslflint is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-14-2010, 09:20 AM   #27
Gixerman
?????????????

Gixerman's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:07 AM
Flip Offs: 41
Flipped Off 55 Times in 45 Posts
Gixerman is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Gixerman is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Gixerman is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Gixerman is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Gixerman is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Gixerman is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Gixerman is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Gixerman is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Gixerman is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Gixerman is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Gixerman is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyman View Post
Ah thanks Scraps, that makes more sense.

I pulled my valve cover last night to start to polish it and from what I could tell it looked like those bolts didn't line up with the cams but rather held the rocker arm pivot rods in place. Is there any danger of those going "boing" on me if I pull those bolts to put in cam-cam oilers in? Or do those bolts not go all the way through? I suppose a good look at the manual would tell me, but I'm at my work desk right now. And feeling lazy
no the bolts are only half inch or so long before you get the rocker rod thingy and you won't get that out unless you screw a bolt into the end and pull it
Gixerman is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-14-2010, 09:27 AM   #28
Candyman
Perpetual Project

CF Pimp
Candyman is a name known to allCandyman is a name known to allCandyman is a name known to allCandyman is a name known to allCandyman is a name known to allCandyman is a name known to allCandyman is a name known to allCandyman is a name known to allCandyman is a name known to allCandyman is a name known to allCandyman is a name known to all

Ah, ok, so the rocker-rod likely has clamps bolted on along its length, thinking about it that makes sense. So then the bolts are just to get access to the rocker rod to pull it out. Thats good. Looks like I'm going to be designing myself some non-functional cam-cam oilers. Buying the parts needed for functional ones is out of the budget right now, maybe once I get into the turbo project.

Thanks for all the help guys, Cheers

Built Not Bought

<SOLD<SOLD
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-14-2010, 09:30 AM   #29
Candyman
Perpetual Project

CF Pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0regret5 View Post

Just looked closer at this pic and noticed the frame, thats just a modified B12 frame isn't it? The lower removed with a piece added across the middle looks like. I saw that tried once, but never saw the project completed. Any more info/links on this bike??

Built Not Bought

<SOLD<SOLD
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-14-2010, 01:41 PM   #30
Gixerman
?????????????

Gixerman's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:07 AM
Flip Offs: 41
Flipped Off 55 Times in 45 Posts
Gixerman is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Gixerman is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Gixerman is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Gixerman is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Gixerman is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Gixerman is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Gixerman is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Gixerman is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Gixerman is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Gixerman is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Gixerman is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

If you are going to do non fuctional ones then can i suggest you get the rear cam bolts for one of the old gsxr motors because the two intake side cam bolts already have the threaded holes in them because part of the fairing was bolted to them, get 2 pairs and you just need to make up whatever your have between the two.
much easier than drilling and tapping
Gixerman is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Streetfighter Help Needed!