CB rat / cafe - Page 27 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CB rat / cafe

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-06-2011, 11:46 PM   #261
ctluba
CF Addict
Local Time: 09:51 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 3 Times in 2 Posts
ctluba has a reputation beyond reputectluba has a reputation beyond reputectluba has a reputation beyond reputectluba has a reputation beyond reputectluba has a reputation beyond reputectluba has a reputation beyond reputectluba has a reputation beyond reputectluba has a reputation beyond reputectluba has a reputation beyond reputectluba has a reputation beyond reputectluba has a reputation beyond repute
Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: CB rat / cafe

Custom Ctluba cooler bracket. The small "v" on the end on the straight piece will be welded to the steering head just above the steering stop.

On the cooler

Sorta where it will be on the bike, little tighter up under the lamp

Fittings to come off the top of the cooler to the lines

Can someone look at thier 1100 or 900 and tell me if these fittings are supposed to be pointing outboard, like these are, or pointing inboard??

Quote:
Originally Posted by flat_black View Post
Cammed up cb big bore with slingshots... Double Ohlins and a 636 radial caliper front end... Mismatch rims and a dent in the tank. Nuff said... Repped...
Quote:
Originally Posted by geetus View Post
I am very impressed by that bike. I love a good mix of old and new. Like a MILF with big ol fake titties!
Cheers.
ctluba is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived ctluba!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-08-2011, 12:40 AM   #262
ctluba
CF Addict
ctluba has a reputation beyond reputectluba has a reputation beyond reputectluba has a reputation beyond reputectluba has a reputation beyond reputectluba has a reputation beyond reputectluba has a reputation beyond reputectluba has a reputation beyond reputectluba has a reputation beyond reputectluba has a reputation beyond reputectluba has a reputation beyond reputectluba has a reputation beyond repute
Fighter of the Month 

I was a little concerned that the small length of steel I was going to use to mount the cooler to the steering head may not have enough strength during riding, vibration and hitting bumps etc. I knew I would use that stock brake stay someday!!! Much more meat to it. Plus being a pipe it supports itself much better than a flat piece of steel stock.

I looked up "bad ass" in the webster dictionary and I saw the following photos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I rocked the front end back and forth to full steering lock, since the set up is welded to the frame there were no problems with the cooler or the lines. I was originally planning to have the lines run to the top of the cooler, but the headlight would hit them, so I ran the lines to the bottom of the cooler. I held my breath, hit the strat button, and she fired right up. After a few tense moments the oil light went off!!!!!!!!!!!!! Runs great, I am so stoked that I pulled this off. Well, I should wait until I can take a shake out spin, but so far so good!!!

Ya, Ya, I need a front tire!!!

Quote:
Cammed up cb big bore with slingshots... Double Ohlins and a 636 radial caliper front end... Mismatch rims and a dent in the tank. Nuff said... Repped...
Quote:
I am very impressed by that bike. I love a good mix of old and new. Like a MILF with big ol fake titties!
Cheers.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-08-2011, 06:13 AM   #263
GTXR550
Two stroke geek!!!!!
Fighter
GTXR550's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:51 PM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 9 Times in 3 Posts
GTXR550 is making some friendsGTXR550 is making some friendsGTXR550 is making some friendsGTXR550 is making some friends

Looks awesome!!!

Will the fender bottom out on the bottom of the oil cooler on a big bump?

That should keep that beast nice and cool.
GTXR550 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived GTXR550!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-08-2011, 11:32 AM   #264
81cm400c
addict
Fighterer
81cm400c's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
81cm400c is a glorious beacon of light81cm400c is a glorious beacon of light81cm400c is a glorious beacon of light81cm400c is a glorious beacon of light81cm400c is a glorious beacon of light81cm400c is a glorious beacon of light81cm400c is a glorious beacon of light81cm400c is a glorious beacon of light81cm400c is a glorious beacon of light81cm400c is a glorious beacon of light81cm400c is a glorious beacon of light

i love these old cbs i wasnt sure about the rat style at first but this thing is turning into something awesome it is for sure one of my favorites now keep up the great work
81cm400c is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived 81cm400c!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-08-2011, 11:35 AM   #265
ctluba
CF Addict
Fighter of the Month 

The cooler is 3 3/4 inches above the fender. The USD forks have a total travel length of 3 1/2 inch, so it would be impossible to bottom out. Also the line fittings are well off center of the fender. If the front end compressed all the way, which I dont think would ever happen, the fittings would be in line with the sides of the fenders and avoid any contact.

I spent a long time swinging the front end to full steering lock, pushing down on the suspension and trying all sorts of angles to make sure there was no issues with clearance concerning the cooler, the fittings and the lines. All is good!!!

Quote:
Quote:
Cheers.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-08-2011, 11:48 AM   #266
ultimate fighter
Remi's Dad
ultimate fighter's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 1,427
Flipped Off 875 Times in 399 Posts
ultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympus
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTXR550 View Post
Looks awesome!!!

Will the fender bottom out on the bottom of the oil cooler on a big bump?

That should keep that beast nice and cool.
If it compresses that much ya have bigger problems. Ta worry aboot

UF's 2017 winter buildoff MOE POWA
talk about my junk
Quote:
Originally Posted by yantosh View Post
CB is cool as fuck , proper old skool kick your cunt in for looking at it funny
ultimate fighter is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived ultimate fighter!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-08-2011, 12:00 PM   #267
ctluba
CF Addict
Fighter of the Month 

You can say that again UF!!!

I think the only way any contact would be possible would be if the front suspension was compressed 100% and the steering was at full lock to either side, then, maybe, one of the fittings may hit, just about the time you are seeing your life flash before your eyes because you have about 2 seconds left on the planet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Quote:
Cheers.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-08-2011, 03:11 PM   #268
kayaflex
Fighterer
kayaflex's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:51 AM
Flip Offs: 1
Flipped Off 4 Times in 2 Posts
kayaflex is making some friendskayaflex is making some friendskayaflex is making some friendskayaflex is making some friends

i like it!
maybe put a coat off flat black on it
so its looking more like the bike

IFF YOU WANNA BE OLD AND WISE YOU HAVE TO BE YOUNG AND STUPID!!
kayaflex is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-09-2011, 01:01 PM   #269
ctluba
CF Addict
Fighter of the Month 

Well, I am sittin here doin nothin!!! I got no parts on the way, no plan for any upgrades, basically nothin to look forward to.

May as well post up some pics featuring the new swinger and wheel and the superbike cooler.

Quote:
Quote:
Cheers.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-09-2011, 01:04 PM   #270
ultimate fighter
Remi's Dad
ultimate fighter's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 1,427
Flipped Off 875 Times in 399 Posts
ultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympus
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

Guess that means its time for a new bike find a kz to screw with

UF's 2017 winter buildoff MOE POWA
talk about my junk
Quote:
Originally Posted by yantosh View Post
CB is cool as fuck , proper old skool kick your cunt in for looking at it funny
ultimate fighter is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes