CB rat / cafe - Page 29 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CB rat / cafe

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-11-2011, 12:01 PM   #281
leo_black_label
clean fight
CF Addict
leo_black_label's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:34 PM
Flip Offs: 2
Flipped Off 9 Times in 7 Posts
leo_black_label is a splendid one to beholdleo_black_label is a splendid one to beholdleo_black_label is a splendid one to beholdleo_black_label is a splendid one to beholdleo_black_label is a splendid one to beholdleo_black_label is a splendid one to beholdleo_black_label is a splendid one to beholdleo_black_label is a splendid one to beholdleo_black_label is a splendid one to beholdleo_black_label is a splendid one to beholdleo_black_label is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: CB rat / cafe

also- i don't think that dirty sock is gonna stop the mice bro! they will get into anything. what about electrifying the whole bike so they get zapped if they touch it?
leo_black_label is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-11-2011, 01:07 PM   #282
ctluba
CF Addict
Local Time: 08:34 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 3 Times in 2 Posts
ctluba has a reputation beyond reputectluba has a reputation beyond reputectluba has a reputation beyond reputectluba has a reputation beyond reputectluba has a reputation beyond reputectluba has a reputation beyond reputectluba has a reputation beyond reputectluba has a reputation beyond reputectluba has a reputation beyond reputectluba has a reputation beyond reputectluba has a reputation beyond repute
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sepang View Post
[IMG][/IMG]
Very cool, thanx, got my next project lined up!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flat_black View Post
Cammed up cb big bore with slingshots... Double Ohlins and a 636 radial caliper front end... Mismatch rims and a dent in the tank. Nuff said... Repped...
Quote:
Originally Posted by geetus View Post
I am very impressed by that bike. I love a good mix of old and new. Like a MILF with big ol fake titties!
Cheers.
ctluba is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-31-2011, 01:38 PM   #283
ctluba
CF Addict
ctluba has a reputation beyond reputectluba has a reputation beyond reputectluba has a reputation beyond reputectluba has a reputation beyond reputectluba has a reputation beyond reputectluba has a reputation beyond reputectluba has a reputation beyond reputectluba has a reputation beyond reputectluba has a reputation beyond reputectluba has a reputation beyond reputectluba has a reputation beyond repute
Fighter of the Month 

I had a couple of hours before work this morning and chopped the yoshi mid pipe. Cut out 5 inches between the mounting tab and the flange end. Havent fabbed up the mounting point on the rear set plate that luckysox sent to me for FREE yet, but it looks pretty tight so far. Got rid of that ugly mounting strap anyway!!

Before

After

close up

I have a new rear set plate for that side. I am going to carve it up just like the one on there but I will leave a mounting tab hanging off the back that will reach out to the tab on the pipe.

Quote:
Cammed up cb big bore with slingshots... Double Ohlins and a 636 radial caliper front end... Mismatch rims and a dent in the tank. Nuff said... Repped...
Quote:
I am very impressed by that bike. I love a good mix of old and new. Like a MILF with big ol fake titties!
Cheers.
These people High Fived ctluba!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-31-2011, 01:57 PM   #284
OrangeDUB
I keeps it old skoo
Fighterer
OrangeDUB's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 5
Flipped Off 2 Times in 2 Posts
OrangeDUB is a glorious beacon of lightOrangeDUB is a glorious beacon of lightOrangeDUB is a glorious beacon of lightOrangeDUB is a glorious beacon of lightOrangeDUB is a glorious beacon of lightOrangeDUB is a glorious beacon of lightOrangeDUB is a glorious beacon of lightOrangeDUB is a glorious beacon of lightOrangeDUB is a glorious beacon of lightOrangeDUB is a glorious beacon of lightOrangeDUB is a glorious beacon of light

I love this bike so much. I have a big fondness for the flat black & shiny bronze.

-Casey
OrangeDUB is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-31-2011, 06:34 PM   #285
OrangeDUB
I keeps it old skoo
Fighterer
OrangeDUB's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 5
OrangeDUB is a glorious beacon of lightOrangeDUB is a glorious beacon of lightOrangeDUB is a glorious beacon of lightOrangeDUB is a glorious beacon of lightOrangeDUB is a glorious beacon of lightOrangeDUB is a glorious beacon of lightOrangeDUB is a glorious beacon of lightOrangeDUB is a glorious beacon of lightOrangeDUB is a glorious beacon of lightOrangeDUB is a glorious beacon of lightOrangeDUB is a glorious beacon of light

Also, to add some C&C, I think you should look at putting in a smoked LED integrated tail light on this as well. It would really make the tail look even cleaner.

-Casey
OrangeDUB is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-31-2011, 11:37 PM   #286
ctluba
CF Addict
Fighter of the Month 

Thanx, will try and get the new mount fabbed up tomorrow morning.

Quote:
Quote:
Cheers.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-01-2012, 10:27 PM   #287
ctluba
CF Addict
Fighter of the Month 

Well the punisher has never been one for looks. The new pipe mount works, just looks a little rough. I guess I will tweak it when I get motivated, but this is the first effort. Looks good from 10 feet!!!

I should not have notched it as much. Should have left more rear set to cover up the top of the mounting tab from the pipe.

See, this one is about 10 feet, not bad!! :lol:

Gee, it sorta looked more promising before I made the mounting tab. Any suggestions?? I guess I can spend some quality time with the dremel and make the mounting tab "flow" a little better. Lokks like a cave man used a stone hammer to make it!!

Quote:
Quote:
Cheers.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-01-2012, 10:35 PM   #288
moshpete
GURU
CF Lover
moshpete's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 21
Flipped Off 7 Times in 4 Posts
moshpete has a brilliant futuremoshpete has a brilliant futuremoshpete has a brilliant futuremoshpete has a brilliant futuremoshpete has a brilliant futuremoshpete has a brilliant futuremoshpete has a brilliant futuremoshpete has a brilliant futuremoshpete has a brilliant futuremoshpete has a brilliant futuremoshpete has a brilliant future

i feel like a guy could hang a flat plate from the rear caliper bolts down and just run a bolt with a spacer if needed between the plate and the pipe tab.

looked closer and realized bolts are recessed on the outside face. what about grinding off the weld for the pipe and moving it towards the front and mounting it to the rear set closer in so you can have it cut like it was previously and move the can in too if you wanted

buildoff zx10
buildoff discussion
xs360 cafe'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackstand Johnny View Post
I don't ride a bike to help the human race, I ride a fighter because fuck the human race.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrAwKwArD View Post
It made me step back and think some things over....
....like where can I source new parts and how can I get faster!!!

Last edited by moshpete; 01-01-2012 at 10:41 PM. Reason: looked closer
moshpete is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-01-2012, 10:50 PM   #289
ctluba
CF Addict
Fighter of the Month 

I am going to have to sit down and stare at it for a few hours with a couple of beers. It is sort of a tight area with the brake lever and master and all the springs behind the plate.

The master bolts are a tempting point to hang a bracket from but like you said, they are recessed and they pinch the master cylinder between a couple of frame tabs and the rear set plates. So getting a bracket in there is not a straight forward job.

Will post an update when I get it straightened out. Cant leave like this.

Quote:
Quote:
Cheers.
This user High Fived ctluba!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-27-2012, 06:52 AM   #290
ToyComa
Fighter
ToyComa's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
ToyComa is a NOOB

subbing to this because i never did...
ToyComa is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes