ninja 250 opinions - Page 2 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > General Streetfighter Discussion

General Streetfighter Discussion Discussions about streetfighter riding.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > ninja 250 opinions

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-17-2012, 12:53 PM   #11
nmangano2412
nmangano2412
Fighterer
nmangano2412's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:59 AM
Flip Offs: 2
Flipped Off 4 Times in 1 Post
nmangano2412 is making some friendsnmangano2412 is making some friendsnmangano2412 is making some friendsnmangano2412 is making some friendsnmangano2412 is making some friends
Default Re: ninja 250 opinions

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryatrophy View Post
Sure a wider tire will help with wander in relation to shitty roads and ruts and "that guy who dropped a driveshaft and put a half a mile groove in the road, i hope it caught and flipped his ass" but it is still a light bike.
just wondering, i know that you can get like 90-95mph out of em but anyone know of someone getting more, BTW are there any 250 builds on this forum?
nmangano2412 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-17-2012, 01:38 PM   #12
OneSickPsycho
I am a motherfucker
CF Addict
OneSickPsycho's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:59 AM
Flip Offs: 10
Flipped Off 31 Times in 20 Posts
OneSickPsycho is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!OneSickPsycho is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!OneSickPsycho is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!OneSickPsycho is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!OneSickPsycho is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!OneSickPsycho is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!OneSickPsycho is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!OneSickPsycho is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!OneSickPsycho is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!OneSickPsycho is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!OneSickPsycho is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmangano2412 View Post
just wondering, i know that you can get like 90-95mph out of em but anyone know of someone getting more, BTW are there any 250 builds on this forum?
If they're getting more, it's not much more.

They are fun as fuck, but like everyone said, if you're putting down real miles and spending much time on the highway, I'd look for something bigger.

There are a number of 250 Ninja builds, but I don't recall any current gen builds... all the ones I remember are the old 20+ year design.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-17-2012, 04:17 PM   #13
Shane Liberty
#114 CVMA/STTARS
CF Pimp
Shane Liberty's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 02:59 AM
Flip Offs: 89
Flipped Off 319 Times in 78 Posts
Shane Liberty is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Shane Liberty is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Shane Liberty is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Shane Liberty is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Shane Liberty is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Shane Liberty is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Shane Liberty is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Shane Liberty is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Shane Liberty is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Shane Liberty is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Shane Liberty is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

The 250 is a good bike. The 160 will not fit on the rear without rubbing the chain and will also cause hell for handling due to pinching the bead of the tire excessively.

Don't be afraid to pick one up. If you're like most of us, you'll end up adding a pipe and a jet kit that will give you a couple extra HP and you'll just learn to down shift and rev the bastard to the moon to move when there's a car that doesn't see you. They're great bikes. I have a ton of buddies that race them because it's cheap.

On a side note, the SV650 can be had for around the same money. It runs a 160mm rear stock and there are tons of ways you can get the bike to handle better. Gas mileage is good and it has plenty of power for commuting.

Expert: CVMA #114
Expert: STTARS #114
Expert: WERA West #114

Current Build
'12 VMAX: http://www.customfighters.com/forums...ad.php?t=68385
Previous Builds:
'97 VFR: http://www.customfighters.com/forums...ad.php?t=36144
'92 FZR: http://www.customfighters.com/forums...ad.php?t=31968
Shane Liberty is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-17-2012, 04:39 PM   #14
fieldarcher
Fooking old git

CF Addict
fieldarcher's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 10:59 AM
Flip Offs: 111
Flipped Off 60 Times in 34 Posts
fieldarcher is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fieldarcher is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fieldarcher is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fieldarcher is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fieldarcher is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fieldarcher is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fieldarcher is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fieldarcher is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fieldarcher is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fieldarcher is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fieldarcher is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

My daughter rides a 2008 250 ninja, end can with no baffle, KN filter, its her first bike and she loves it. It can go quite fast and handles well.

MAN MADE GOD IN HIS OWN IMAGE

MAY YOURS BE WITH YOU.
fieldarcher is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-17-2012, 06:57 PM   #15
nmangano2412
nmangano2412
Fighterer
nmangano2412 is making some friendsnmangano2412 is making some friendsnmangano2412 is making some friendsnmangano2412 is making some friendsnmangano2412 is making some friends

Thanks everyone!!! When i come across the right bike for the right price ill jump on it!
nmangano2412 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-17-2012, 08:00 PM   #16
xci.ed6
The Honda Guy
Fighterer
Local Time: 04:59 AM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
xci.ed6 is a glorious beacon of lightxci.ed6 is a glorious beacon of lightxci.ed6 is a glorious beacon of lightxci.ed6 is a glorious beacon of lightxci.ed6 is a glorious beacon of lightxci.ed6 is a glorious beacon of lightxci.ed6 is a glorious beacon of lightxci.ed6 is a glorious beacon of lightxci.ed6 is a glorious beacon of light

My first street bike was an '88 Ninja 250. Great little bike. 10krpm @80mph was the main downer, but it would do it all day. I put a lot of highway miles on it, and my uncle put about 10k on one in a year all highway. They do top out at about 100 (mine indicated 112 at redline, calculated to 100), but I'd still highway one if I had it. Better wind protection than my 599!

Older bikes made more peak hp, had higher redline. Newer have a lower redline, and less hp, but a bit more tq.

Mine got pods & 2 washers under each needle, plus one size bigger jet with stock exhaust. I don't remember it being noticeably faster, but it sounded cooler.
xci.ed6 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-20-2012, 12:20 AM   #17
QuiCkSiLv3R
jamal avatar #1
CF Pimp
QuiCkSiLv3R's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:59 AM
Flip Offs: 44
Flipped Off 78 Times in 44 Posts
QuiCkSiLv3R is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!QuiCkSiLv3R is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!QuiCkSiLv3R is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!QuiCkSiLv3R is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!QuiCkSiLv3R is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!QuiCkSiLv3R is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!QuiCkSiLv3R is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!QuiCkSiLv3R is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!QuiCkSiLv3R is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!QuiCkSiLv3R is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!QuiCkSiLv3R is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

get a motard. would take serious work to make a ninja 250 half as fun.

ex500s are raw if you strip them down to nothing. good cheap beaters.

Driving a motorcycle during the winters in the US North East has taught me one thing, you can't buy respect.
QuiCkSiLv3R is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-20-2012, 02:38 AM   #18
nmangano2412
nmangano2412
Fighterer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane Liberty View Post
The 250 is a good bike. The 160 will not fit on the rear without rubbing the chain and will also cause hell for handling due to pinching the bead of the tire excessively.

Don't be afraid to pick one up. If you're like most of us, you'll end up adding a pipe and a jet kit that will give you a couple extra HP and you'll just learn to down shift and rev the bastard to the moon to move when there's a car that doesn't see you. They're great bikes. I have a ton of buddies that race them because it's cheap.

On a side note, the SV650 can be had for around the same money. It runs a 160mm rear stock and there are tons of ways you can get the bike to handle better. Gas mileage is good and it has plenty of power for commuting.
Yeah, i checked out the sv650, i like them alot (the naked ones). When i finally finish my current project, and if i havent found a 250 yet ill probably go for one of those!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-20-2012, 07:32 AM   #19
a_morti
GURU

CF Addict
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 12:59 PM
Flip Offs: 24
Flipped Off 24 Times in 14 Posts
a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

I had use of an old model 250 for a couple of months. At the time I was using a CB-1 for my regular ride, first "big" bike. They aren't fast, but they're fast enough for regular use. License-keeping type of speeds, yanno? Exhausts on the old ones were a rust trap, but in general - within the limitations of a small engine - they're decent little bikes! The newer model has modern sized tyres so should be even nicer to ride, but didn't I read it got heavier and slower in the redesign?

Aaron, living in Gibraltar and riding a 2014 MSX125 (Grom) with a bunch of shiny shite on it. Slow n loud!
a_morti is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-20-2012, 10:51 AM   #20
chevy42083
Fighterer
Local Time: 04:59 AM
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
chevy42083 is a glorious beacon of lightchevy42083 is a glorious beacon of lightchevy42083 is a glorious beacon of lightchevy42083 is a glorious beacon of lightchevy42083 is a glorious beacon of lightchevy42083 is a glorious beacon of lightchevy42083 is a glorious beacon of lightchevy42083 is a glorious beacon of lightchevy42083 is a glorious beacon of lightchevy42083 is a glorious beacon of lightchevy42083 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmangano2412 View Post
Yeah, i checked out the sv650, i like them alot (the naked ones). When i finally finish my current project, and if i havent found a 250 yet ill probably go for one of those!
or ninja 650r. They look good naked if you don't like fairings (just take a peak at some of the mild builds on here, or the er6n (only available in 2009, so not many around)).
Same power/mileage/size/cost as the sv650. They do feel quite different, so sit on or ride both before you decide. Either one can have the bars raised/lowered to meet in the middle and get what you want.
In my area, you can get a newer/lower mileage 650r for the same price as an old SV650... probably because of looks. SV was ahead of it's time, 650r was behind (until '09).
chevy42083 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > General Streetfighter Discussion