Honda CB750 oil pressure issues - Page 2 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Non-Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Cafe Fighters & Cafe Racers

Cafe Fighters & Cafe Racers Everything about cafe fighters and cafe racers goes in here!

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Honda CB750 oil pressure issues

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-21-2013, 08:47 PM   #11
Madman_crazy
I R smart.

Senior Fighterer
Madman_crazy's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:20 AM
Flip Offs: 6
Flipped Off 6 Times in 6 Posts
Madman_crazy is a name known to allMadman_crazy is a name known to allMadman_crazy is a name known to allMadman_crazy is a name known to allMadman_crazy is a name known to allMadman_crazy is a name known to allMadman_crazy is a name known to allMadman_crazy is a name known to allMadman_crazy is a name known to allMadman_crazy is a name known to allMadman_crazy is a name known to all
Default Re: Honda CB750 oil pressure issues

yeah hopefully buying one tomarrow, i took the sending unit out and smashed it with a hammer to make myself feel better. replaced it with one out of my parts bike, seems to be working now, or ive gone from one extreme of bad sensor to the next. but. this one actullay shuts off without the bike even being running, just cranking the starter for a few seconds and the light shuts off. sat here in the garage with a roll around swamp cooler on the bike for about 15 minutes and was babysitting the bike to make sure nothing bad seemed to be happening, i shut the bike off, and the oil pressure light stayed off for about 3 seconds after turning the bike off. felt confident enough to take a small backpack full of tools (7,8,10,12,14,15,16,and 17mm wrenches and sockets, a ratchet, an extension, a big and small crecent wrench, a pair of pliars, a pair of needlenose, a flashlight, quart of oil, #2 and #3 philips, 2 flatheads, and a couple energy drinks) on a 20 mile ride with me, to see what would happen, climbed up a pretty good grade and pushed it as hard as i felt comfertable pushing it. got to the top and stopped, no oil light, shut the bike off, came right on. started the bike back off, it shut off, cycled that about 4 times. hung out and looked at the view for a bit, then took off and came back home to get yelled at by my girlfriend for bing gone and out of cell phone range. so, my day is complete... girlfriend is pissed off, bike is running right, my goals for the day have been achieved
Madman_crazy is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Madman_crazy!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-22-2013, 03:47 AM   #12
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 10:20 AM
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

LOL. Sounds like a good day. Love the avatar BTW
shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-22-2013, 06:29 AM   #13
Madman_crazy
I R smart.

Senior Fighterer
Madman_crazy is a name known to allMadman_crazy is a name known to allMadman_crazy is a name known to allMadman_crazy is a name known to allMadman_crazy is a name known to allMadman_crazy is a name known to allMadman_crazy is a name known to allMadman_crazy is a name known to allMadman_crazy is a name known to allMadman_crazy is a name known to allMadman_crazy is a name known to all

thanks, yeah its the cylinders off my suzuki, we figured out that monster cans fit in them perfectly. took a good 15 minutes of resizing it to get it small enough to use it. it amuses me and im pretty proud of my efforts.
Madman_crazy is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-23-2013, 12:14 PM   #14
Madman_crazy
I R smart.

Senior Fighterer

Well, got my 2-1 exhaust cleaned up and gonna put it back on and take my drag pipes off, oiled the chain and readjusted it again for what seems like the 100th time already, changed the flasher relay to one that blinks at a lower voltage, started to try and install LED turn signals to try and save a little bit of load till the cheap ass things snapped in half.(pics to come on our main forum build) so put the stock ones back on. cleaned up a little more of the garage and cleaned the house, been a pretty boring but constructive night. trying to get back on a day schedual, not sure how much longer im gonna make it. just thought i would pop in and mark my progress for the day. Ride safe all, and remember seeins how nobody is gonna look twice for you, look four times for them getting ready to do something ignorant.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-24-2013, 12:03 AM   #15
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

What kind of chain you got dude? These bikes aint the pastest,but they still work a chain pretty good. Harder than alot of people would think. I bought some lighter duty chains (low tensile strength) and they stretched real fast like you described. I was adjusting every couple hundred miles and alot times I ride more than that in a day. Sucks having to ride with that big axle wrench cuz you know your chain is stretch before you get home.LOL

I've been running Bikemaster 9,600 tensile strength chains lately and they do real good for the price. A 530 o-ring runs about $70 at that price. I got one on the chop with only 1k miles on it. Another on my cafe with 3k on it. Neither one has stretched ever. Not even initial stretch you would expect. I got another buddy who runs one on a CB750 matic that has 8k miles on it and has never,ever adjusted his either.

I know money aint growing on trees,but dont mess around with a cheap chain dude.You can get hurt real fast,real bad. Just putting it out there.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-24-2013, 12:46 AM   #16
Madman_crazy
I R smart.

Senior Fighterer

an ACME 60 series that im pretty sure was ment for industrial use. he picked it up like 20 years ago and had some sprokets fabed up in the machine shop he worked at, they where originally on a chopper, original one on my bike was totally wasted. so i stole the one off the chopper and had to pop like 7 links out of it to get it to fit.

Original chain... made a cupholer out of it.

CnC machined aluminum rear sproket.

Never used 60 series chain that sat for like 20 years.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-24-2013, 02:32 AM   #17
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
Fighter of the Month 

Well, I don't know anything about those types of chains. But if its stretching that fast you know what that means. If you've had to adjust it several times chances are it'll start hooking your sprockets pretty soon. Does it lay nice and tight where it wraps around the rear sprocket? If you can pull it away from the rear sprocket at the 3 o'clock position then its grown too long already. But you probably already knew that.

Hey dude. When you gonna post some pics of your engine sickle??

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Motorcycle.com Free App
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-24-2013, 04:57 PM   #18
Madman_crazy
I R smart.

Senior Fighterer

Well the engine build happened before i had a camera or cell phone so till i take it back down i have nothing. I dont really see a point at the moment of taking pics of my dirty oily engine either cause i havnt gotten around to cleaning it back up after changing the cam cover gasket last time(had to go fishing for a tappet nut that backed off). thinking after i got my other suzuki that im gonna tear it back down again and swap the cam out with a DP-117. same place the piston kit came from at dynoman.net. And this chain wasnt prestreched and only has like 800 miles on it. its not streched out of spec yet and im having trust issues with it anyways and check it EVERY time i get home. really it just seems like i have adjusted it hundreds of times cause i had to constantly adjust the old one practicly after every 2 rides. decided to pull it off when it started jingling like christsmas bells even after oiling it. Last thing i wanted was to get tagged with a chain at 80 mph.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-24-2013, 05:00 PM   #19
Madman_crazy
I R smart.

Senior Fighterer

But on another note i do like the final drive ratio on it. i would mention the tooth count but the fact that its a 60 series and not the normal 50 the numbers wouldnt match anyways. but being able to cruise at 80mph at about 4800rpms is nice. The takeoffs do suck though, still getting used to it and have stalled it a number of times at stoplights when im 2 up. but with the 836 kit, its amazing the pull it has for an old bike.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-24-2013, 10:48 PM   #20
Madman_crazy
I R smart.

Senior Fighterer

The gauge i ended up getting with the sending unit for less than $50.

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Non-Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Cafe Fighters & Cafe Racers