Honda CB750 oil pressure issues - Page 3 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Non-Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Cafe Fighters & Cafe Racers

Cafe Fighters & Cafe Racers Everything about cafe fighters and cafe racers goes in here!

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Honda CB750 oil pressure issues

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-24-2013, 11:19 PM   #21
Madman_crazy
I R smart.

Senior Fighterer
Madman_crazy's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:52 AM
Flip Offs: 6
Flipped Off 6 Times in 6 Posts
Madman_crazy is a name known to allMadman_crazy is a name known to allMadman_crazy is a name known to allMadman_crazy is a name known to allMadman_crazy is a name known to allMadman_crazy is a name known to allMadman_crazy is a name known to allMadman_crazy is a name known to allMadman_crazy is a name known to allMadman_crazy is a name known to allMadman_crazy is a name known to all
Default Re: Honda CB750 oil pressure issues

I know this looks stupid right now, but i also ordered a gauge cup that i will have to make a custom mount for. but i spent like 5 minutes in windows paint, freehand on a laptop touchpad, and came up with this for a mock up.

Madman_crazy is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-25-2013, 01:06 AM   #22
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:52 AM
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

Fancy! It's almost impossible to mount a gauge and it come out looking just right,for me at least. I think mounting clocks on a bike is one of the hardest things to get right.
shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-25-2013, 01:32 AM   #23
Madman_crazy
I R smart.

Senior Fighterer
Madman_crazy is a name known to allMadman_crazy is a name known to allMadman_crazy is a name known to allMadman_crazy is a name known to allMadman_crazy is a name known to allMadman_crazy is a name known to allMadman_crazy is a name known to allMadman_crazy is a name known to allMadman_crazy is a name known to allMadman_crazy is a name known to allMadman_crazy is a name known to all

yeah the vision i have in my head doesnt look bad, its gonna have a black plastic cup on the back of it, shouldnt look too bad when im finished with it. we shall see.
Madman_crazy is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-25-2013, 02:25 AM   #24
Madman_crazy
I R smart.

Senior Fighterer

Cheap ass hong kong ebay turn signals.... Bought these cause they are actual casted metal lights, stay away from them unless you plan on drilling them and tapping a piece of hollow all-thread in them. which is what im considering doing.

didnt even have more than maybe 10-15lbs of torque on the damn thing and it snapped off.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-28-2013, 06:14 PM   #25
Madman_crazy
I R smart.

Senior Fighterer

so, my oil pressure sending unit, gauge, and pod came in today, so did the replacement screen for bonez phone. so got his phone all fixed up and am back out in the garage now looking at hoe im gonna do this.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-28-2013, 06:22 PM   #26
Madman_crazy
I R smart.

Senior Fighterer
Talking Re: Honda CB750 oil pressure issues

and i think my quick thinking has already got a plan laid out thats not gonna look like garbage. ill be posting my picture progress shortly.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-28-2013, 07:50 PM   #27
Madman_crazy
I R smart.

Senior Fighterer

So here was my first project of the day, i give this one a skill rating of 9.5 outta 10.

Anyways, on to the subject topic at hand. heres my layout so far while i wait for the paint on my mounting tab to dry.

The reason i include the Cheap LED turn signal is because im gonna use the sheath off of it to keep the wires clean.

This has gotta be cut down.

Sending unit is like 6 times bigger than the original one, I'm concerned with fitment issues to where the stock sensor location is.

Sheath i robbed from the turn signal.

Got the cup cut down on a rough cut, left enough on there to table sand it with some 80 grit to get it back to flat again.

After cutting it down, the lip on the face to hold the gauge in place was gone, so i made a duct tape spacer so it fits snug and hopefully dapens a little but of the vibration.

Finished product, time to custom make a mounting tab.

Started with some flat bar, stuck it in the vice and gave it a twist with a crecent wrench. worked out great.

Got my cut lines and holes all marked up.

Using a step bit, got the holes knocked out in no time.

All cleaned up and preped for paint.

Hit it with some flat black to make it blend a bit better.

And now that i got all the time in on this, the tab outta be dry, left it sitting in front of the 120 degree CPU exhaust on the laptop this whole time. more pics to come within the hour for the finished product.

Last edited by Madman_crazy; 01-28-2013 at 07:53 PM. Reason: cause photobucket sucks.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-28-2013, 08:09 PM   #28
Madman_crazy
I R smart.

Senior Fighterer

Update:

Got the Tab mounted on the bracket.

I dont think it looks bad at all.

Another shot for perspective.

Just need to see if this sensor fits and get the wiring all squared away.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-29-2013, 12:59 AM   #29
Madman_crazy
I R smart.

Senior Fighterer

I forgot where i was and accidently double posted this on our other build page, but figured I'd still finish this post up with the conclusion.

Soooo.... i did something that may be stupid... i ended up breaking off part of 2 of the fins on the back of the engine off, and sanded quite a bit of meat off of the cam chain tensioner... but I got it to fit...

I was worried about it not fitting, and it didnt...

so chris snapped off 2 of the cooling fins and i sanded a bunch of the chain tensioner off...

Now it fits.

Idle at temp.

a little bip on the throttle brings it right up to where it should be.

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Non-Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Cafe Fighters & Cafe Racers