Hey! Looking for GSXR help! - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > New Member Introductions (For Noobs!)

New Member Introductions (For Noobs!) Are you new here? Just want to say hi? This is a great place to introduce yourself or ask beginner questions.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Hey! Looking for GSXR help!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-19-2014, 09:45 PM   #1
Zokuma
Zokuma
Noobie
Zokuma's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:45 AM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Zokuma is really niceZokuma is really niceZokuma is really niceZokuma is really niceZokuma is really niceZokuma is really niceZokuma is really niceZokuma is really nice
Question Hey! Looking for GSXR help!

New to the site, seems like the right place to acquire help in making a few modifications to my 06 gsxr 600. Fairly new to both riding and working on bikes. down to the nitty gritty I'd like to tear off the trash covers i have and add a round headlight, being in the military I dont believe i can do without a speedometer turn signals or blinkers. I've no issue with maintaining blinkers or mirrors for the duration of my contract but after spending a couple weeks researching this project I've concluded that I could use some help on the headlight and speedometer. Appreciate all help in advance!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 1.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	175.5 KB
ID:	48025   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 2.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	172.7 KB
ID:	48033   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 3.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	188.0 KB
ID:	48041  
Zokuma is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Zokuma!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-20-2014, 08:39 PM   #2
Gixxertrouble
Mr brand new
Noobie
Gixxertrouble's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Gixxertrouble is a NOOB
Default Re: Hey! Looking for GSXR help!

Yo... In the process of getting the headlight on, using a mt-03 light I got on a trade with some nice brackets I got off dbdesigns on here. You'll have to fab up a speedo mount tho. Il have pics posted by the weekend and the brackets you can put signals on. Another idea I'm looking into is the z1000 radiator shrouds with signals.
Gixxertrouble is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Gixxertrouble!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-21-2014, 07:50 PM   #3
Zokuma
Zokuma
Noobie
Zokuma is really niceZokuma is really niceZokuma is really niceZokuma is really niceZokuma is really niceZokuma is really niceZokuma is really niceZokuma is really nice

awesome thanks for the reply! been looking into changing out the handlebars for dirtbike bars for the last couple of days, having trouble finding a proper top mount sold outside of the UK, leaning into turning it into a stuntbike since my buddy is planning on picking up a bike again in the near future. once again any assistance/experience is much appreciated!
This user High Fived Zokuma!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-21-2014, 08:33 PM   #4
oldrider
Greencheezeeta's Mom

oldrider's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 110
Flipped Off 152 Times in 147 Posts
oldrider must be ROBBO or CKoldrider must be ROBBO or CKoldrider must be ROBBO or CKoldrider must be ROBBO or CKoldrider must be ROBBO or CKoldrider must be ROBBO or CKoldrider must be ROBBO or CKoldrider must be ROBBO or CKoldrider must be ROBBO or CKoldrider must be ROBBO or CKoldrider must be ROBBO or CK
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

Welcome to CF Zokuma! That's a nice bike! Repping you for the intro & pictures & yes, you've come to the perfect place to find help/ideas on anything you want to do to your bike!

Cheezes loves you...
Quote:
Originally posted by crowbar: "Other motocycle forums....meet your God!"
Originally posted by Ratfighter: "It really looks like a silk covered sledge hammer."
oldrider is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-21-2014, 09:01 PM   #5
Zokuma
Zokuma
Noobie

Considering it went end over end through a barbed wire fence two Christmas ago I'm pretty happy that the only damage was mostly cosmetic (considering i was at the start of my loan with no insurance yet!) the mechanic i made this misfortune of going to insisted on wasting his time converting the 08 covers to my bike so they don't fit very well and are a pain to remove and re-install, hence why im so interested in streetfightering it. I've grown to to love this site rather quickly (would suggest updating a few things such as the links to websites that no longer seem to exist)
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-22-2014, 01:37 PM   #6
M1SF3T
Fighter
M1SF3T's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 1
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
M1SF3T is a name known to allM1SF3T is a name known to allM1SF3T is a name known to allM1SF3T is a name known to allM1SF3T is a name known to allM1SF3T is a name known to allM1SF3T is a name known to allM1SF3T is a name known to allM1SF3T is a name known to allM1SF3T is a name known to allM1SF3T is a name known to all

Ive got an 06 gsxr that I knocked all the plastic off some odd years ago. The first time I put it back together, I ran a single round headlight as well. I removed the speedo from the fairing stay and bolted it to the single bolt holding the front of the gas tank and air box down. Worked perfectly for me, easily visible while sitting upright in town, but contoured to my chest when I tucked in. you can't see it when you do, but if your tucking in to haul ass, do you really wanna know how fast your going?
M1SF3T is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-22-2014, 10:04 PM   #7
Zokuma
Zokuma
Noobie

I don't suppose you'd happen to have a photo depicting how you managed to bolt your speedo down? Just as well I'd love to know how you went about securing your round headlight!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-24-2014, 09:29 PM   #8
M1SF3T
Fighter
M1SF3T is a name known to allM1SF3T is a name known to allM1SF3T is a name known to allM1SF3T is a name known to allM1SF3T is a name known to allM1SF3T is a name known to allM1SF3T is a name known to allM1SF3T is a name known to allM1SF3T is a name known to allM1SF3T is a name known to allM1SF3T is a name known to all

yea i realized when i got home that night and started tinkering with it that there was more to it. that was so long ago i had forgotten. I've long since tore that "build" apart and made other attempts to do something with it.

what i did was make a bracket out of a strip of 1" sheet metal, aluminum i think, that had holes predrilled right down the center. most hardware stores carry it. one end bolted to the front of the tank the other to the bottom half of the speedo. i just used a bench vice to make the bends, wrapped it over the top of the tank and the speedo covered the bracket for me. i even had enough room to beat in a high chair and sit up there. don't ask me for help with the headlight, i was still payin this off when i took these. i rigged up an old kc light and a small resistor with a bracket from that same sheet metal for these pics.

http://https://myspace.com/blake3535...hoto/167789710

i painted the tank with bedliner not long after this photo and replaced that fugly radiator bottle with an aluminum budweiser bottle. I never got the tail to look the way i wanted too so i never bothered to go find a headlight i like and currently im just running the oem set up and trying to fiberglass a piece from whats left of the original upper and air induction. I've been bouncing around from place to place the past few years so my attempts to fix it keep getting interrupted. I'm on my third maybe?
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-25-2014, 10:19 PM   #9
Zokuma
Zokuma
Noobie

Yeah I just took off the fairings that cover the radiator/engine and am rather content with leaving it like that until i decide to finally grab some risers and dirtbars. I think it has sort of a buell look to it now! Im probably going to grab a Sick Innovations cage for it this week and today decided that I want to swap out the overflow tank for one of those monster twist top cans. My friends was talking about just fabricating a bracket such as you did to attach it to the dirt bars if i make the change to it. For now ill just wait until i make a move on the bars to figure out the headlight situation.
Also thinking about choppin off a bit of the upper fairing, So it runs smooth from the corner of the headlight up.
Attached Images

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-26-2014, 12:20 PM   #10
M1SF3T
Fighter

ok so those pics didn't post did they.

it funny that you say that, im doing the same to upper and making an alien head out of it... i'll just have to show you when I'm done, because I've got to add a little bit to the bottom where the air intake would be. here's a pic of my latest attempt at it.

sadly these are the only build pics that I have. I literally started from scratch with this body work. I zero knowledge about fiberglass until this project. Progress has always been slow and I never have gotten a finished product that I was satisfied with so I never took time to stop and take anymore and update my old build thread. I ripped it back apart right before I got deployed to Iraq in '09, and it sat untouched for quite some time. I pulled it out a few months back,
and spent about 3 months cleaning and tuning it up. my fuel system and tank was stopped up all the way to the throttle body. I've got her running tho and have started making new attempts at the body work. Still going a bit slower than I like but its getting there. I'm gonna take the time to open up a new build thread soon if you want to check it out.

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > New Member Introductions (For Noobs!)