Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

Eeeeeeeeee FE

70K views 778 replies 34 participants last post by  CK 187 
#1 ·
watch this space :)

#567 ·
well good day in all regards, took my GS and Avrils little KTM Duke 125 for MOT, what a blast it is trying to keep up corner speed on a little bike! so its not at a stand still when you exit on to the next straight
O.o

both passed, GS with front tyre and "noisy" exhaust observations
:P

then got a call from RNR Powder coaters, frame and bits ready for collection, so quick drive over to West Tanfield to collect said item.

looks like i have some work to do over the bank holiday now
:banana:

#569 ·
just for you Sol I started to get the itch to try all the engine mounting/swing arm spindle/ shock mounting bolts for fitment,

had to remove a small amount of coating, but didnt take long, then thought as the bolts fit i might as well try the motor in,

got some left over flooring underlay, cut it down and used it as frame protection. motor in

then bolted it all in place with the mounting brackets

#573 ·
Got a bit stuck with the re build over the weekend, as i had lost one of the block locating pegs! looked high and low, but never found it,

managed to do a fit of the GSXR K9+ clutch with billet basket, just need to sort out the centre nut and all will be good.

went down to see Mick at Red6 to collect a peg and pick up my bits hot from the anodizers, give me a lot more to be going on with

new metal plaque arrived for man cave wall

#575 ·
now i have most of the bits back from anodising, I was able to get the swing arm end caps fitted and clean up a small amount of coating from the mounting points on the frame to get the arm in.

fits sweet, i will fit the rest of the arm hardware later, that has also been away for anodising. still waiting on the wheel spacers to come back, so test fit of rear wheel will have to wait till then.

20210507_092819.jpg

20210507_092717.jpg

20210507_092732.jpg

20210507_092639.jpg

#579 ·
today has mostly been taken up with fitting the sump, greasing up all the bolts with a splash of copper slip and re fitting, and to finish off i have removed unwanted extra metal from the clutch case spacer and giving it a good rub down with some Scotchbrite pads.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.