75 CB550 Stator cover - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Non-Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Cafe Fighters & Cafe Racers

Cafe Fighters & Cafe Racers Everything about cafe fighters and cafe racers goes in here!

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > 75 CB550 Stator cover

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-07-2017, 01:41 PM   #1
3rdfloorboy
NoObie
Noobie
Local Time: 11:57 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
3rdfloorboy is a NOOB
Default 75 CB550 Stator cover

Hello

Please see pictures. I want to take off the Honda emblem plate that is
on the stator cover to access the field coil, but I'm not sure how to get at
the screws. Any help thank you much.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0367.JPG
Views:	42
Size:	258.4 KB
ID:	95121   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0368.JPG
Views:	45
Size:	487.3 KB
ID:	95129  
3rdfloorboy is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-07-2017, 01:55 PM   #2
TURNIP
GURU
CF Lover
TURNIP's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 10:57 PM
Flip Offs: 1
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Default Re: 75 CB550 Stator cover

Five minutes on Google tells me that the logo plate has pins on the back and is pressed into place. It can be removed by gently prying around the edge on the outside or (more properly to my mind) gently punching the pins from the back side. I believe they are recessed in those three holes around the inner perimeter that are not bolt or locator pin holes.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Isaac Newton was a bastard when he invented gravity!
TURNIP is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-07-2017, 01:59 PM   #3
TURNIP
GURU
CF Lover
TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Also are you sure that disc/cover over the field coil on the inside doesn't just slide off with some encouragement?

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-07-2017, 02:01 PM   #4
TURNIP
GURU
CF Lover

Exploded. This may be a 76

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Non-Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Cafe Fighters & Cafe Racers