Advice on riser positioning - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Technical Section > Heavy Metal

Heavy Metal Anything to do with welding, bending and fabricating things from metal goes in here.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Advice on riser positioning

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-23-2018, 11:34 AM   #1
remfanuk
Fighter
Local Time: 10:23 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
remfanuk is a name known to allremfanuk is a name known to allremfanuk is a name known to allremfanuk is a name known to allremfanuk is a name known to allremfanuk is a name known to allremfanuk is a name known to allremfanuk is a name known to allremfanuk is a name known to allremfanuk is a name known to allremfanuk is a name known to all
Default Advice on riser positioning

Before I drill my top yoke (triple tree) I thought I would ask the wisdom of CF first.
I am not sure whether to go for a single bolt riser or double bolt set up. If consensus is for a single bolt, which position should I drill, red or black? I would feel better with a two bolt solution and think that there is enough metal to accomodate that type of riser.
I will be purchasing some ally slab and cut it to fit into the pockets under the yoke to help spread the load of the riser bolt/s.
Advice appreciated guys. Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20181023_150649_LI (2).jpg
Views:	27
Size:	1.13 MB
ID:	102792   Click image for larger version

Name:	20181023_150702_LI (2).jpg
Views:	26
Size:	892.9 KB
ID:	102794  
remfanuk is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-24-2018, 05:59 AM   #2
yantosh

yantosh's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:23 AM
Flip Offs: 14
Flipped Off 18 Times in 16 Posts
yantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: Advice on riser positioning

I make mine with 2 bolts , if you were using one the ideal position is prob going to interfere with the rib on the underside

Last edited by yantosh; 10-24-2018 at 06:00 AM. Reason: kan't spel rite
yantosh is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-24-2018, 07:09 AM   #3
remfanuk
Fighter
remfanuk is a name known to allremfanuk is a name known to allremfanuk is a name known to allremfanuk is a name known to allremfanuk is a name known to allremfanuk is a name known to allremfanuk is a name known to allremfanuk is a name known to allremfanuk is a name known to allremfanuk is a name known to allremfanuk is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by yantosh View Post
I make mine with 2 bolts , if you were using one the ideal position is prob going to interfere with the rib on the underside
I shall take some measurements and go for two bolts as one can go in the red spot and one in the black spot, either side of the rib underneath, which looks to be the obvious solution and will place the bars practically in the middle of the yoke. Packed out underneath the top yoke with a carefully sculptured piece of ally JB welded to the yoke, washer, flanged Nyloc nut and the job should be a good'un.

Anything else I should be aware of as well as ensuring the bars don't foul the forks and the risers being sufficiently wide apart? Cheers.
This user High Fived remfanuk!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-24-2018, 08:14 AM   #4
yantosh

yantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

just be sure they sit high enough to not clip the fork tops i guess
These people High Fived yantosh!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-24-2018, 09:12 AM   #5
remfanuk
Fighter

for a clean look...albeit underneath the top yoke...I could use single bolt risers through the clipon screw holes which are within the beefier part of the yoke. As riser bolts tend to be 12mm from what I have seen, drilling through the clipon screw hole will leave one side of it quite thin...is that an issue? Any other issues I am not seeing with that? cheers.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-24-2018, 06:07 PM   #6
yantosh

it'll set the risers quite far apart, check the centre of your bars is wide enough
This user High Fived yantosh!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-25-2018, 09:37 AM   #7
remfanuk
Fighter

I hadn't thought about that Yan...doh! I won't be drilling anything until I have the risers and bars, but need to take these things into consideration.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-26-2018, 02:47 PM   #8
sebwiers
lɐʇuǝɯᴉɹǝdxǝ

CF Pimp
sebwiers's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 11:23 PM
Flip Offs: 21
Flipped Off 36 Times in 19 Posts
sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 

I'd go 2 bolt, for reasons above. Also creates a lot less stress on the holes you drill; with a single bolt, you might get ovalization over time, have to clamp things tighter, etc. Clamping things down with two spaced bolts is always more durable than one (maybe fatter) bolt.

So the answer is both - you drill both red and black, assuming the risers line up.
sebwiers is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived sebwiers!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Technical Section > Heavy Metal