Caliper swap thread.. - Page 4 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Technical Section > Brakes and Suspension

Brakes and Suspension Anything to do with fabricating and modifying brakes and suspension goes in here.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Caliper swap thread..

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-15-2011, 02:08 PM   #31
drugstation
fighter Bandit 1200
Noobie
drugstation's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:00 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
drugstation is a good noobiedrugstation is a good noobie
Default Re: Caliper swap thread..

awsome a really good + to the site
drugstation is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-13-2012, 12:29 PM   #32
a_morti
GURU

CF Addict
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:00 AM
Flip Offs: 24
Flipped Off 24 Times in 14 Posts
a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

From my own experiments...

group 17:
CBR900 92-97 (same as gold calipers from VTR1000f)
CBR900 98-99 (silver with steel pistons, these are same as 600F4i)
CBR900 00-03 (gold bodies with ally pistons)
CBR600RR3-4 (gold with ally pistons, biggest of this type)
GSXR600/750 K2, Bandit 650, 1250, etc Tokico 4-pots (but these are very poor build quality)

There are I believe some 6-pots which fit also, but the performance of these is poor in comparison. If you want to fit bigger/newer calipers to your VTR1000f you'll need to dremel on the forks mounting points but it's safe to do there is loads of meat there.

Always match piston sizes to master cylinder - if you calipers have 27/30mm pistons, get a 14mm master. If they have 30(32)/34mm pistons, you need a 5/8" master. If you get the RR3/4 calipers, you need the corresponding 11/16" master. If you get this wrong your brakes will be very poor, either wooden or spongey but certainly not right.

Good luck all

If anyone isn't sure as I am only a newbie, check pics here... the forks are all CBR900 96/7, you should recognise the bits if you're looking at the pics

http://s74.photobucket.com/albums/i2...0blade/Tokico/
http://s74.photobucket.com/albums/i2...%20new%20CB-1/
a_morti is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-14-2012, 09:14 PM   #33
Deftone
GURU
Fighterer
Deftone's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:00 PM
Flip Offs: 5
Flipped Off 2 Times in 2 Posts
Deftone is a glorious beacon of lightDeftone is a glorious beacon of lightDeftone is a glorious beacon of lightDeftone is a glorious beacon of lightDeftone is a glorious beacon of lightDeftone is a glorious beacon of lightDeftone is a glorious beacon of lightDeftone is a glorious beacon of lightDeftone is a glorious beacon of lightDeftone is a glorious beacon of lightDeftone is a glorious beacon of light

I have an '05 GSXR1000 for track/street with '05 750 forks, brakes, etc....

I put '04/05 R1/R6 calipers on it. The R1 calipers are mono block Sumitomo's, which are superior to the OEM two piece Tokico's. I also used '02 GSXR rotors, which are 320mm instead of the stock '05 750 300mm. This required a 2mm spacer from Zoran at TWF racing. He has different spacers for different brake/fork/rotor combinations.

The bike also has a Brembo master and SS lines. The R1/R6 master is much cheaper and works very well.

Braking is PHENOMENAL.

Zoran at TWF is extremely knowledgeable on brake swaps and very helpful. email him.

http://www.twfracing.com/images/zpar...20003%20bg.jpg

http://www.gixxer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=319033

http://www.gixxer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=197586

'17 FZ-10 - Daily Commuter/Sport Tourer/Track
'09 KTM 250XC-W 2stroke - Dirt
'07 KTM 525EXC Dirt/Street/Sumo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravage73 View Post
next time, dont spit on it, just slam it in........and then donkey punch.
Deftone is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Deftone!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-15-2012, 07:18 PM   #34
Mustapha dump
GURU

CF Addict
Local Time: 12:00 AM
Flipped Off 42 Times in 21 Posts
Mustapha dump is a wicked helpful, well liked member!Mustapha dump is a wicked helpful, well liked member!Mustapha dump is a wicked helpful, well liked member!Mustapha dump is a wicked helpful, well liked member!Mustapha dump is a wicked helpful, well liked member!Mustapha dump is a wicked helpful, well liked member!Mustapha dump is a wicked helpful, well liked member!Mustapha dump is a wicked helpful, well liked member!Mustapha dump is a wicked helpful, well liked member!Mustapha dump is a wicked helpful, well liked member!Mustapha dump is a wicked helpful, well liked member!

All the Japanese radial calipers are 108mm spacings with the exception of the 6 pot R1 calipers which are 130mm. european calipers are 100mm spacings.
Early K series wheels 600/750 upto inclusing K5 and 1000K1/K4 will take 300mm discs from the 1000K3/4 600/750K4/5, or 310mm SV1000 discs, or 320mm discs from the SRAD/TL/Busa/GSX14/1000K1'2/600/750 to K3
Radial calipers are easy to space out for larger diameter discs by the simple addition of spacers under the calipers and longer caliper bolts.

Some people are deserving candidates for postnatal abortion, the majority of the remainder are just idiots
Mustapha dump is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-23-2018, 04:21 AM   #35
Gacek
NoObie
Noobie
Local Time: 07:00 PM
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Gacek is a NOOB

Can someone who have a 4 piston radial mounted caliper from brembo ( like in Ducati Monster 796 ), measure the width of it? I don't know if they would fit my bike. Thanks for help.
Gacek is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-24-2019, 05:41 PM   #36
titan
hooligan quads

CF Addict
titan's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 14 Times in 2 Posts
titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 

Need to dig through this need calipers for srad front end... Posted to subscribe so I can find it after Christmas.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

ride it like you stole it

Customization not Restoration

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.
H Designs

2020 build off - build - chat
titan is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-24-2019, 05:59 PM   #37
Streetfighterkz
Capt Oblivious
CF Pimp
Streetfighterkz's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flipped Off 11 Times in 7 Posts
Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Default Caliper swap thread..

Quote:
Originally Posted by titan View Post
Need to dig through this need calipers for srad front end... Posted to subscribe so I can find it after Christmas.

88-99 Gsxr750
92-93 Gsxr600
97-00 Gsxr600
89-97 Gsxr1100
TL1000R
TL1000
Gsf1200
Hayabusa (1st gen)
96-03 Zx9
Zrx1100-1200
96-02 Zx7

Depends on the model and year but some are 4-piston Nissjn’s, 4-piston Tokico’s or 6-piston Tokico’s.

Later, Doug

‘74 Kawasaki H1-500 Project
‘76 Kawasaki Kz900 'Strip-fighter Project
‘77 Kawasaki Kz1000
‘78 Kawasaki Kz1000 Project
'80 Cx500 Cafe/Brat Project
‘83 Kawasaki Gpz750 (Turbo Converted) Project
Streetfighterkz is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Streetfighterkz!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-24-2019, 06:05 PM   #38
titan
hooligan quads

CF Addict
titan's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 14 Times in 2 Posts
titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streetfighterkz View Post
88-99 Gsxr750
92-93 Gsxr600
97-00 Gsxr600
89-97 Gsxr1100
TL1000R
TL1000
Gsf1200
Hayabusa (1st gen)
96-03 Zx9
Zrx1100-1200
96-02 Zx7

Depends on the model and year but some are 4-piston Nissjn’s, 4-piston Tokico’s or 6-piston Tokico’s.

Later, Doug
Cheers Doug. Think I want 4 pots so narrow it a bit but let the searching begin

ride it like you stole it

Customization not Restoration

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.
H Designs

2020 build off - build - chat
titan is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-24-2019, 06:10 PM   #39
Streetfighterkz
Capt Oblivious
CF Pimp
Streetfighterkz's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flipped Off 11 Times in 7 Posts
Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by titan View Post
Cheers Doug. Think I want 4 pots so narrow it a bit but let the searching begin

88-92 Gsxr750 (Nissin)
89-92 Gsxr1100 (Nissin)
TL1000S -Tokico
SRAD600 -Tokico

Don’t hold me to those though. :P

Later, Doug

‘74 Kawasaki H1-500 Project
‘76 Kawasaki Kz900 'Strip-fighter Project
‘77 Kawasaki Kz1000
‘78 Kawasaki Kz1000 Project
'80 Cx500 Cafe/Brat Project
‘83 Kawasaki Gpz750 (Turbo Converted) Project
Streetfighterkz is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Streetfighterkz!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-25-2019, 04:54 AM   #40
a_morti
GURU

CF Addict
Local Time: 01:00 AM
Flip Offs: 24
Flipped Off 24 Times in 14 Posts
a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

I've usually found nissin calipers to be better build quality than tokico.

YMMV...

Aaron, living in Gibraltar and riding a 2014 MSX125 (Grom) with a bunch of shiny shite on it. Slow n loud!
a_morti is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived a_morti!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Technical Section > Brakes and Suspension