Leather suit fit - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Non-Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Track Riding

Track Riding Anything related to riding on a track goes in here.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Leather suit fit

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-29-2015, 04:02 PM   #1
imsolidstate
GURU
Senior Fighterer
Local Time: 03:37 AM
Flip Offs: 5
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
imsolidstate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!imsolidstate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!imsolidstate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!imsolidstate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!imsolidstate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!imsolidstate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!imsolidstate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!imsolidstate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!imsolidstate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!imsolidstate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!imsolidstate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Default Leather suit fit

Hey people that wear one piece suits regularly: I got an Astars leather suit, 1 piece, I don't know what it is but the tag says it was manufactured in 2006. I've measured myself against the astars fitment chart and I should fit a 52, which is what this one is. It's tight, I can barely get it on and off by myself and I can't stand up all the way, the front is too tight. It's fine in position on the bike though. So it seems like it fits properly, right? I haven't had a chance to ride in it yet, I'm assuming it will stretch a little to fit me but is there any benefit to having it fitted? There's supposed to be a guy in Denver that's good at that. I think my torso might be a bit to tall for it because of how tight it is across the top of the shoulders but I don't know.
imsolidstate is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-29-2015, 04:34 PM   #2
RatFighter
UnicycleMode

RatFighter's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 190
Flipped Off 111 Times in 48 Posts
RatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: Leather suit fit

My race suit has a little bit of slack without the armor I wear under it to tighten it up. Standing up strait isn't enjoyable at all, but on the bike in a mild tuck it fits like a glove. Way I've always heard it, the tighter it fits, the better protection you have, it should function as a second skin and keep the armor in it where it belongs in the event of a violent get-off.

But taking it to a fitter could either reveal a more comfortable fit could be achieved, or that it is working great as it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zweihammer View Post
Looking at this Large Hadron Collider of a vehicle, I am starting to think the little bastard may have been on to something...
RatFighter is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-29-2015, 04:38 PM   #3
DrJellyFingers
i cant fart
DrJellyFingers's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:37 AM
Flip Offs: 46
Flipped Off 67 Times in 49 Posts
DrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympus

I cant fully stand up in my a* but that's how it's supposed to be. It's pre shaped to riding position to be be comfortable tucked in on the bike not to stand in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoker View Post
Well, I'm not gonna live forever.

At least I can still build and ride bikes.

And my dick is still as hard as ever!!

...Just saying.

Clicky

2015 Build-off "Fart Muffin"

"Fart Muffin" Confabulate
DrJellyFingers is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived DrJellyFingers!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-29-2015, 06:42 PM   #4
Racing Geek
lb/hp is what it's about!
Racing Geek's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 168
Flipped Off 83 Times in 73 Posts
Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Scavenger Hunt 

Time for me to hijack the thread a bit but hopefully an answer for me will help the OP as well.

I have a size 50/60 A* Motegi suit and it is a little short in the arms but otherwise fit great. Then I started working out and now my chest and shoulders are bigger so the torso part of the suit is really tight and I went to a size 52/62 A* SP1 suit.

I can still barely squeeze into the Motegi with help but I find myself short of breath after a couple laps on the sport bikes because the suit is so tight. I also can't ride the supermoto's with that suit anymore because the collar part digs into my neck and basically chokes me because of the more upright riding position of those bikes. I never could stand up in the Motegi which is fine because like Rat and DrJ said, you shouldn't be able to.

The SP1 on the other hand is a little loose pretty much everywhere except the torso and arms. Then again I can still breath in it and now my gloves overlap the suit instead of barely reaching it. This suit is a little awkward to move around on the sport bikes because the material bunches up around my knees and it feels like it restricts my movement which didn't happen with the Motegi.

Which should I get altered? Or should I just try other brands and hope someone makes a suit with a bigger torso? Before the Motegi I had a 50/60 Dianese Laguna Seca suit but they are made for a slender Euro body type and I don't think they actually make a size I would fit into because that thing was tiny.
Racing Geek is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-29-2015, 06:53 PM   #5
DrJellyFingers
i cant fart
DrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympus

Go custom! Unless u plan on getting more jacked

Quote:

...Just saying.

Clicky

DrJellyFingers is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived DrJellyFingers!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-30-2015, 01:06 AM   #6
RatFighter
UnicycleMode

RatFighter's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 190
Flipped Off 111 Times in 48 Posts
RatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 

^^Truth right there. Custom is the best approach if you are truly invested in having dedicated leathers.

Was out this morning on the Bandit and felt naked in my street gear. Thinking the race suit is the way to go, and a custom getup would be ideal if it's going to be the staple of the riding gear I own in the first place. Cost be damned, it's worth every penny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zweihammer View Post
Looking at this Large Hadron Collider of a vehicle, I am starting to think the little bastard may have been on to something...
RatFighter is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-30-2015, 01:19 AM   #7
CK 187
CAPTAIN AWESOMEŽ

CK 187's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:37 AM
Flip Offs: 631
Flipped Off 470 Times in 171 Posts
CK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too much
Default Medal Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

If you can stand up straight. Leathers too big

If your balls don't ache when walking the pits. Leathers too big

A lot of people fall in between sizes and that's why you hear people preaching custom. In some brands I can get by with a 48/58, and with some it's close with a 50/60
CK 187 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-31-2015, 07:55 PM   #8
imsolidstate
GURU
Senior Fighterer
imsolidstate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!imsolidstate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!imsolidstate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!imsolidstate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!imsolidstate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!imsolidstate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!imsolidstate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!imsolidstate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!imsolidstate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!imsolidstate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!imsolidstate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Thanks guys. I rode yesterday, went to pikes peak so I had it on a few hours. It fits just about perfect, I just need to lose a couple pounds from being lazy. Only issue I had was my knees felt really tight and started to hurt after riding for 30-40 minutes. I'm hoping that part stretches out a bit.
imsolidstate is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-31-2015, 07:59 PM   #9
imsolidstate
GURU
Senior Fighterer

Racinggeek, since no ones said anything I'd go with the one with the long enough sleeves. I shudder thinking about my wrists hitting pavement. I ride with gauntlets no matter what. I got lucky, my suit has long sleeves so I get quite a bit of overlap.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-31-2015, 08:01 PM   #10
DrJellyFingers
i cant fart

I might go custom so my balls can have some room. I've been lucky with a* sizing other wise

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Quote:

...Just saying.

Clicky

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Non-Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Track Riding