370steve goes EFeeeeeeeeeeeee - Page 4 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Streetfighter Buildoff > 2020 Winter Build-off > 2020 Winter Build-off Build Threads

2020 Winter Build-off Build Threads Only post here if you are the builder! Comments in the Discussion threads please.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > 370steve goes EFeeeeeeeeeeeee

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-18-2019, 02:16 PM   #31
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp
370steve's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:55 AM
Flip Offs: 33
Flipped Off 35 Times in 8 Posts
370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: 370steve goes EFeeeeeeeeeeeee

Dropped of my frame and bracing bits and bobs with Mick at Red6 this morning

after cleaning off all the paint and crap from the weld sites and removing some of the now unnessasary frame mounts/hardware.

after a good chat, sausage and egg butty and help with tacking bits in place, I left everything in the hands of Mick to finish off.*

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
370steve is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived 370steve!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-19-2019, 06:04 AM   #32
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp
370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

new CBR1000RR lower yoke and stem turned up this morning, will take it down to Mick when i go for the frame, get the stem removed and transfered to the billet yoke.

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-21-2019, 04:44 PM   #33
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

to stop the tank rusting where it had the paint removed and been welded, i put a temporary coat of paint, then fitted the new Ti bolts for a look see.

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
These people High Fived 370steve!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-22-2019, 03:26 PM   #34
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

stripped the engine down to empty crank cases and head, will look into getting the APE valve guides and oversize valves fitted

before i send them all off to get paint strip, vapor blasted and paint baked.

ordered all the new "O" rings, oil seals and bearings that i will need for the re build. I will get the sump, cam cover and other bits powder coated

when i send the frame in to get done.

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-23-2019, 05:52 AM   #35
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

Quick phonecall this morning to Amac Engineering in Northallerton and head is booked in for

exchange valve guides, cut in new oversized valves and shape ports to suit new valves.

Waiting for answer from Centurion Motorcycle Projects about when to send bits.

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-26-2019, 02:52 PM   #36
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

i love the interweb, cant get top tank grip rubbers from Suzuki anymore, but do a quick web search and you come up with a NOS item, little bit costly, but NEW, so result

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-30-2019, 09:55 AM   #37
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

as i am still waiting on some of the bigger bits to come back from all around the world, i thought that i would test my treory/measurements out by

actually seeing if the bits i had made would now go together as planned!! there is only one way to find out so i bolted the front end together.

might just need to get the ohlins caliper mounting faces machined down by 2-3mm as the pads are sat a tad high for my liking, ones in the caliper in pic is

the Brembo z04 pads, the SBS and EBC pads fit slightly worse!!!

but altogether it looks well

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-31-2019, 07:17 AM   #38
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

just dropped the B12 head off at Amac Engineering to get new APE valve guides fitted with cutting in and fitting of new s/steel APE oversize valves, going to re shape/mearge seats to ports and do some mild porting clean up of the webs and casting. They had a GSXR600 sidecar outfit head on the bench whilst i was there, Their work looks sweet. he appologised that i might have to wait up to four weeks for work to get done!! I thought that was a bloody quick turnround time, so no complaints from me ifthey take that long.

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-02-2020, 12:16 PM   #39
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

packed up and sent my crank cases allong with the sump off to Centurion Motorcycle Projects this morning,

ordered some hard welded rocker arms to go with the rest of the top end build, got message from SPS that my Cams are

on their way from Japan.

Message from Mick says frame is almost done, i will pick it up some time next week. I will get the new stem fitted to the lower

yoke whilst i am there.

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-06-2020, 06:02 AM   #40
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

I need to pull my finger out and get on with doing some work, was a bit bad with flu over most of my Christmas break, so didnt feel like

doing anything at all, least of all going down my nice cold shed to work on the bike!!

6mm Alloy plate has arrived for the making of engine/shock mounts, swing arm is needing bits cutting off/welding up

engine crank cases/sump have been sent for Brian to do his magic on.

message from SPS says my Yoshi Cam goodness is in transit from Japan,

Should be picking frame up from Mick on Wed, after all the welding is finished. will be getting steering stem pressed into lower yoke whist at Red6.

so i will have things to do as and when i can be bothered to shift my arse into forward gear, and press the "GO" button.

Onwards

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Streetfighter Buildoff > 2020 Winter Build-off > 2020 Winter Build-off Build Threads