Harbor Freight Tool Review's Thread - Page 4 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Streetfighter Tools

Streetfighter Tools Discussion about the tools you use to build and modify your streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Harbor Freight Tool Review's Thread

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-29-2010, 06:52 PM   #31
oldrider
Greencheezeeta's Mom

oldrider's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:36 AM
Flip Offs: 110
Flipped Off 152 Times in 147 Posts
oldrider must be ROBBO or CKoldrider must be ROBBO or CKoldrider must be ROBBO or CKoldrider must be ROBBO or CKoldrider must be ROBBO or CKoldrider must be ROBBO or CKoldrider must be ROBBO or CKoldrider must be ROBBO or CKoldrider must be ROBBO or CKoldrider must be ROBBO or CKoldrider must be ROBBO or CK
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 
Default Re: Harbor Freight Tool Review's Thread

Harbor Freight basically sells the economy line "for all us broke-*ss folks"! I LOVE tools, but have bought my share of "shouldn't have boughts" at HB & at the cheap tools sales that come around, BUT, I've gotten some bargains too. TOOLS! (my weakness) Got my nailgun there, cordless drill, the expensive batteries for said drill, & quite a few others. What I noticed was that anything with "plastic" related pieces, tend to break immediately. Like it's already dry-rotted when you buy it.

Cheezes loves you...
Quote:
Originally posted by crowbar: "Other motocycle forums....meet your God!"
Originally posted by Ratfighter: "It really looks like a silk covered sledge hammer."
oldrider is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived oldrider!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-29-2010, 09:58 PM   #32
chance
wtf?
CF Addict
chance's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 2 Times in 2 Posts
chance is a name known to allchance is a name known to allchance is a name known to allchance is a name known to allchance is a name known to allchance is a name known to allchance is a name known to allchance is a name known to allchance is a name known to allchance is a name known to allchance is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldrider View Post
Harbor Freight basically sells the economy line "for all us broke-*ss folks"! I LOVE tools, but have bought my share of "shouldn't have boughts" at HB & at the cheap tools sales that come around, BUT, I've gotten some bargains too. TOOLS! (my weakness) Got my nailgun there, cordless drill, the expensive batteries for said drill, & quite a few others. What I noticed was that anything with "plastic" related pieces, tend to break immediately. Like it's already dry-rotted when you buy it.
I completely understand ya, I have a tool sickness too. Unfortunately i kind of have expensive taste on stuff that I want to last forever

Everything but the adjustables in these two drawers is either craftsman, crescent, or gearwrench
chance is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived chance!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-29-2010, 10:32 PM   #33
oldrider
Greencheezeeta's Mom

oldrider's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 110
Flipped Off 152 Times in 147 Posts
oldrider must be ROBBO or CKoldrider must be ROBBO or CKoldrider must be ROBBO or CKoldrider must be ROBBO or CKoldrider must be ROBBO or CKoldrider must be ROBBO or CKoldrider must be ROBBO or CKoldrider must be ROBBO or CKoldrider must be ROBBO or CKoldrider must be ROBBO or CKoldrider must be ROBBO or CK
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

Very smart! American made wrenches are the only way to go! The off-brand break very easily. NOICE collection you've got there!

Cheezes loves you...
Quote:
Originally posted by crowbar: "Other motocycle forums....meet your God!"
Originally posted by Ratfighter: "It really looks like a silk covered sledge hammer."
oldrider is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived oldrider!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-30-2010, 01:26 AM   #34
chance
wtf?
CF Addict
chance is a name known to allchance is a name known to allchance is a name known to allchance is a name known to allchance is a name known to allchance is a name known to allchance is a name known to allchance is a name known to allchance is a name known to allchance is a name known to allchance is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldrider View Post
Very smart! American made wrenches are the only way to go! The off-brand break very easily. NOICE collection you've got there!
Thanks

I just started building up my own real tool collection. before I was working out of a little 3 drawer carry tool box with just enough stuff to get the basics done most of the time. Now Ive got most of the hand tools I could ever need, and will slowly build up power, air, and specialty tools as I need. Im completely stoked about having all my own stuff.

I try to buy name brand when it makes sense (on things I will use a lot and for a long time) but for odd ball stuff. I always hit up harbor frieght. So I hope this thread continues to expand to cover most of HF's inventory and help out all of our fellow CF'ers

Wrench on guys! (and gals )
These people High Fived chance!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-30-2010, 02:02 AM   #35
John Prophet
That guy

CF Pimp
John Prophet's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 64
Flipped Off 133 Times in 39 Posts
John Prophet is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!John Prophet is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!John Prophet is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!John Prophet is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!John Prophet is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!John Prophet is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!John Prophet is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!John Prophet is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!John Prophet is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!John Prophet is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!John Prophet is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

I ordered one of their new 20 oz HVLP guns to learn the ins and out of compressor paintin
And next month ordering the powder coater

Ill report when I get em.

2011 Build off entry thread for Revelation
http://www.customfighters.com/forums...ad.php?t=39157

2011 Build off discussion thread for Revelation
http://www.customfighters.com/forums...ad.php?t=39156

Revelation's normal build thread
http://www.customfighters.com/forums...t=36848&page=5
John Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived John Prophet!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-30-2010, 02:36 AM   #36
chance
wtf?
CF Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Prophet View Post
I ordered one of their new 20 oz HVLP guns to learn the ins and out of compressor paintin
And next month ordering the powder coater

Ill report when I get em.
excited to hear about the powdercoater. Ive been wanting that thing for months!
This user High Fived chance!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-30-2010, 08:13 AM   #37
keebler
Noobie
keebler's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 02:36 AM
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
keebler is a NOOB

tool weakness as well. my box at work has craftsman, cornwell, snapon, matco in it.

good thread. i was wondering how those HF swingarm and fork stands hold up.
keebler is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived keebler!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-30-2010, 12:37 PM   #38
John Prophet
That guy

CF Pimp
John Prophet's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 64
Flipped Off 133 Times in 39 Posts
John Prophet is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!John Prophet is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!John Prophet is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!John Prophet is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!John Prophet is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!John Prophet is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!John Prophet is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!John Prophet is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!John Prophet is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!John Prophet is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!John Prophet is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Im honestly more curious about the paint gun at this point, reviews for the powder coater are good all around,
and the reviews for the paint gun were good online, but alot here are saying there crappy.

2011 Build off entry thread for Revelation
http://www.customfighters.com/forums...ad.php?t=39157

2011 Build off discussion thread for Revelation
http://www.customfighters.com/forums...ad.php?t=39156

Revelation's normal build thread
http://www.customfighters.com/forums...t=36848&page=5
John Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived John Prophet!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-30-2010, 12:45 PM   #39
SEBSPEED
V4's FTW
SEBSPEED's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 53
Flipped Off 57 Times in 47 Posts
SEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsessiveInc View Post
-12" digital caliper. nice precise readings been using it for 6 months no troubles!

-spray paint guns STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!! had 3 of them all in the last few years or so, they are basically one time use guns, they fall apart very fast. spray like shit and are hard to get any decent spray pattern out of. the husky $60 hvlp from home depot is a MUCH better deal!
Fo sho. The digi calipers are ok if you buy them on sale - get extra batteries elsewhere! Haven't used the paint guns but I own the Husky gun(it's my primer gun), and it shoots well for the money. Not as nice as my 3 Sharpe Finex guns, but deff good enough for primer!

Find me on Facebook at Sebspeed Customs

Float like a Goldwing, sting like a gixxer

2015 FOTY VFR750

2016 threads
Turbo 7/11

750 Slingshot
Discussion thread

2017 thread
VFR800 Build
SEBSPEED is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived SEBSPEED!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-30-2010, 12:56 PM   #40
DecepticonDon
Elbow Grease is Cheap

DecepticonDon's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 301
Flipped Off 143 Times in 38 Posts
DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

A buddy gave me an engine hoist, minus the hyadraulic jack. bought one from HF, and the thing leaks down every few days. which is bad because its what is holding up the front of the Triumph while I've got the front end off.
I put a brace in there to make sure it doesn't fall.
otherwise, it works fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robsroadeater View Post
dont want no skanky slagbag hangin offa yer short arm mate

Project: Daytona 675

Operation: Kwak Attack

1991 Tidecraft B.O.A.T. build
DecepticonDon is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived DecepticonDon!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Streetfighter Tools