Save $$! Ghetto-fab tool gallery! - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Streetfighter Tools

Streetfighter Tools Discussion about the tools you use to build and modify your streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Save $$! Ghetto-fab tool gallery!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-16-2011, 02:46 PM   #1
dogmeatk
QUESTIONABLE ENGINEERING
CF Addict
dogmeatk's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:14 PM
Flip Offs: 19
Flipped Off 8 Times in 7 Posts
dogmeatk has a reputation beyond reputedogmeatk has a reputation beyond reputedogmeatk has a reputation beyond reputedogmeatk has a reputation beyond reputedogmeatk has a reputation beyond reputedogmeatk has a reputation beyond reputedogmeatk has a reputation beyond reputedogmeatk has a reputation beyond reputedogmeatk has a reputation beyond reputedogmeatk has a reputation beyond reputedogmeatk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Save $$! Ghetto-fab tool gallery!

Hey fighterers! I've been saving $$ everywhere I can, so I thought I would show you guys some special motorcycle tools you can make with scraps. I used a welder for most of them, but some only require a grinder and some tinkering!

Please post your ideas if you have any to add!

22mm Hex adapter for Triumph front axle:
Cost from Triumph: $40
Lowest price on Ebay: $15
Cost to Make: Less than $2

Honda Steering stem nut socket:
Cost from Honda: $60
Cost to make: Free scrap stainless tube and 12mm bolt

Steering stem stand:
Cost from PitBull: $160
Cost to make: Free with scrap shopping cart

Valve stem driver:
Cost from auto parts store: $3
Cost to make: Free with extra 1/4" driver

Tire bead breaker:
Cost from harbor freight: $45
Cost to make: $8

Tire change wheel protectors:
Cost: $10
Cost to make: Free from OJ containers, two layers melted together

Mega-motorcycle-maintenance-seat:
Cost: ????
Cost to make: Free with extra saab seat and shopping cart parts

Adapter to turn pipe bender into shop press:
Cost: $5 in scrap

dogmeatk is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived dogmeatk!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-16-2011, 03:02 PM   #2
FIGHTER7R
(SFOC) Built Not Bought
Senior Fighterer
FIGHTER7R's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:14 AM
Flip Offs: 8
Flipped Off 11 Times in 6 Posts
FIGHTER7R is a name known to allFIGHTER7R is a name known to allFIGHTER7R is a name known to allFIGHTER7R is a name known to allFIGHTER7R is a name known to allFIGHTER7R is a name known to allFIGHTER7R is a name known to allFIGHTER7R is a name known to allFIGHTER7R is a name known to allFIGHTER7R is a name known to allFIGHTER7R is a name known to all
Default Re: Save $$! Ghetto-fab tool gallery!

nice one some good ideas there as i am on a budget if i could high 5 some more i would

MikeGyver
Post Whore Marathon...
"No challenge. You have to be internally motivated"
FIGHTER7R is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-16-2011, 04:52 PM   #3
FIGHTER954RR
GURU
Fighterer
FIGHTER954RR's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 10:14 PM
Flip Offs: 1
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
FIGHTER954RR is a name known to allFIGHTER954RR is a name known to allFIGHTER954RR is a name known to allFIGHTER954RR is a name known to allFIGHTER954RR is a name known to allFIGHTER954RR is a name known to allFIGHTER954RR is a name known to allFIGHTER954RR is a name known to allFIGHTER954RR is a name known to allFIGHTER954RR is a name known to allFIGHTER954RR is a name known to all

I need to get myself one of those chairs!! infact fuck the bike i'd take the chair to work!
FIGHTER954RR is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived FIGHTER954RR!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-16-2011, 06:39 PM   #4
nemo
Do a skid!

CF Pimp
nemo's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 02:14 PM
Flip Offs: 2,793
Flipped Off 435 Times in 208 Posts
nemo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!nemo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!nemo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!nemo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!nemo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!nemo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!nemo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!nemo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!nemo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!nemo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!nemo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Hot shit, yer one thrifty bastid fer sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motohorho View Post
Looks just like turbo, only smaller ...
nemo is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-16-2011, 08:07 PM   #5
DecepticonDon
Elbow Grease is Cheap

DecepticonDon's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 11:14 PM
Flip Offs: 301
Flipped Off 143 Times in 38 Posts
DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

and wanted for shopping cart theft in three states

Quote:
Originally Posted by robsroadeater View Post
dont want no skanky slagbag hangin offa yer short arm mate

Project: Daytona 675

Operation: Kwak Attack

1991 Tidecraft B.O.A.T. build
DecepticonDon is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-16-2011, 08:35 PM   #6
dogmeatk
QUESTIONABLE ENGINEERING
CF Addict
dogmeatk has a reputation beyond reputedogmeatk has a reputation beyond reputedogmeatk has a reputation beyond reputedogmeatk has a reputation beyond reputedogmeatk has a reputation beyond reputedogmeatk has a reputation beyond reputedogmeatk has a reputation beyond reputedogmeatk has a reputation beyond reputedogmeatk has a reputation beyond reputedogmeatk has a reputation beyond reputedogmeatk has a reputation beyond repute

Lol i found both my shopping carts abandoned far from their indicated origins, so i consider it cleaning uP and recycling litter, as opposed to stealing
These people High Fived dogmeatk!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-16-2011, 10:08 PM   #7
Scrapyard
Build It Ride It Live It
Scrapyard's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 6
Flipped Off 20 Times in 14 Posts
Scrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud of
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity Fighter of the Month 

Love the chair, lol. I've got a couple home made axle and fork tools too. Super cheap and work just as well.

I like the pipe bender press. I was thinking about that for mine the other day actualy. Are you just using the pins across the top or do you have another plate there as well?

Good post all around. Some awsome ideas in there.
Scrapyard is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Scrapyard!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-17-2011, 01:47 AM   #8
dogmeatk
QUESTIONABLE ENGINEERING
CF Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapyard View Post
I like the pipe bender press. I was thinking about that for mine the other day actualy. Are you just using the pins across the top or do you have another plate there as well?
Well, I haven't had the need to use it as a press yet, but I have been using it as my vise lately. I Put a big piece of 2"x4" steel box on the underside of the pins and clamp down with the bottom plate. Depending on what needed to be pressed, this setup may work, but if I ever need to do something tall like a steering stem, I would make a "cradle" that the pins go through and secures a flat plate about 6" above the top orange rails.
This user High Fived dogmeatk!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-17-2011, 04:14 AM   #9
Scrapyard
Build It Ride It Live It
Scrapyard's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 6
Flipped Off 20 Times in 14 Posts
Scrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud of
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity Fighter of the Month 

That's pretty much what I was thinking of. Pop'n stems and such. The hard part about using it as a press is the lack of room. Unfortunatly, the big plates are going to cause issues with a lot of typical operations. Wheel and swingarm bearings. Even case bearings would be tricky.

I think we need to figure out some sort of low buck press frame idea, lol.
Scrapyard is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-17-2011, 05:08 AM   #10
snapperhead
Knucklehead Mc'spazatron
Fighter
snapperhead's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:14 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
snapperhead is well likedsnapperhead is well likedsnapperhead is well likedsnapperhead is well likedsnapperhead is well likedsnapperhead is well likedsnapperhead is well liked

I just love the ghetto tools, great job

I will play along then...

19mm nut welded to rebar. Used on Suzuki forks if you dont have accesss to a rattle gun. for removing damper rods. Clamp it in vice horizontally, insert into stanchion down to damper rod, then use big hex key to un-bolt. Reassmble in opposite order. Suzuki would charge heaps for tool.

Fuel rig for kat tuning, just wood screwed to suit mounting on frame with a big spring clamp, then use an old radiator overflow bottle, fuel tap and filter. great safe rig. Use viton orings to seal the tap into the hole you put in bottle, other orings will leak.

GSX clutch tool to lock clutch while removing hub nut. Just an old clutch plate and some rebar, bend, weld, paint for fulll effect.

While shopping carts are as plentiful as cockroaches, Im using them everywhere I can. Made an engine rig for my teapot project. I was going to pull all the covers off the engine while in this and do some easy peasy work inside. Most comfortable valve adjustments Ive ever done. It will be great for painting the entire engine after I've finished tickling it a bit.

And my personal favorite.
An old Glyceral Trinitrate Storage chest with wheels where my tools and toolbox reside. Now thats gonna help my air/fuel ratio's

Ive shown you mine, now show us yours

There are only 2 things that are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not certain about the universe. - Albert Einstein

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. - Leonardo DaVinci
snapperhead is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Streetfighter Tools