Save $$! Ghetto-fab tool gallery! - Page 4 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Streetfighter Tools

Streetfighter Tools Discussion about the tools you use to build and modify your streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Save $$! Ghetto-fab tool gallery!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-11-2012, 11:27 PM   #31
thaOrleanyte
Jarhead Supreme

thaOrleanyte's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:36 PM
Flip Offs: 699
Flipped Off 518 Times in 242 Posts
thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Default Re: Save $$! Ghetto-fab tool gallery!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leo_black_label View Post
the other one in the pictures (sorry about the pictures) is the first attempt. pretty much a failure. second try works, but is not perfect at all. but thats why its in the ghetto fab thread! its free.
looks like something that needs a write up!
thaOrleanyte is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-27-2012, 03:25 PM   #32
Cookie2000ad
Persuasion Engineered
Cookie2000ad's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:36 AM
Flip Offs: 166
Flipped Off 59 Times in 27 Posts
Cookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CK
Default Medal Burnout Contest Winner Fighter of the Month 

Ducati cylinder head bolt work around (copied from my build thread, but might be seen by more people here):
Cost from Ducati: $WTF ’Ow much!?
Lowest price on Ebay: $40 15
Cost to Make: free, assuming you have a reasonably well stocked tool box.

When rebuilding my engine after replacing some valves, in order to go from this:

To this:

You have to torque 4 nuts on each cylinder head to 40Nm which in their wisdom Ducati made wholly inaccessible to any kind of socket:

There is a tool they sell for doing this but I found another solution. The nuts are 15ml. Happily a 15ml ring spanner grips a " socket head quite well. So I was able to clip some things together to make this:

There is a calculation to do which adjusts the torque that you need to set in order to overcome the extra leverage you are applying by doing this and that can be found here:

http://www.norbar.com/calculators/to...alculator.aspx

^ That sum can and should be applied to any similar torque wrench extension people might weld together to do similar things.

Ghetto tools FTW
Cookie2000ad is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Cookie2000ad!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-08-2012, 12:19 PM   #33
aboogie973
NoObie
Noobie
Local Time: 10:36 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
aboogie973 is a NOOB

LOL.. These are some great ideas.. Question. How did you make the Orange pipe bender part?

Also, for the Shopping cart motor holder. Did you have to weld anything? Thanks
aboogie973 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-08-2012, 12:22 PM   #34
dogmeatk
QUESTIONABLE ENGINEERING
CF Addict
dogmeatk's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:36 PM
Flip Offs: 19
Flipped Off 8 Times in 7 Posts
dogmeatk has a reputation beyond reputedogmeatk has a reputation beyond reputedogmeatk has a reputation beyond reputedogmeatk has a reputation beyond reputedogmeatk has a reputation beyond reputedogmeatk has a reputation beyond reputedogmeatk has a reputation beyond reputedogmeatk has a reputation beyond reputedogmeatk has a reputation beyond reputedogmeatk has a reputation beyond reputedogmeatk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by aboogie973 View Post
LOL.. These are some great ideas.. Question. How did you make the Orange pipe bender part?

Also, for the Shopping cart motor holder. Did you have to weld anything? Thanks
Well the orange pipe bender is from harbor freight, I just made my press parts out of a huge rectangular box section for the top and a large plate with a thick round tube welded to the bottom so it sits on the hydraulic piston.

I am pretty sure you have to weld on some motor mounts to the shopping cart to make it a stable engine stand.
dogmeatk is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-15-2012, 10:30 PM   #35
mattam208
Idaho Outlaw
Fighterer
mattam208's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flipped Off 5 Times in 1 Post
mattam208 is a name known to allmattam208 is a name known to allmattam208 is a name known to allmattam208 is a name known to allmattam208 is a name known to allmattam208 is a name known to allmattam208 is a name known to allmattam208 is a name known to allmattam208 is a name known to allmattam208 is a name known to allmattam208 is a name known to all

Just built a super ghetto/ very functional wheel chock. Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1334543344611.jpg
Views: 445
Size:  48.8 KBName:  uploadfromtaptalk1334543374956.jpg
Views: 439
Size:  36.8 KBName:  uploadfromtaptalk1334543390942.jpg
Views: 475
Size:  35.9 KBName:  uploadfromtaptalk1334543411747.jpg
Views: 472
Size:  43.8 KBName:  uploadfromtaptalk1334543426493.jpg
Views: 461
Size:  42.2 KB

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Motorcycle.com App
mattam208 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived mattam208!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-15-2012, 11:04 PM   #36
venturesomerite
Oiler Boilereerer...er(s)

CF Addict
venturesomerite's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 6
Flipped Off 4 Times in 3 Posts
venturesomerite is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!venturesomerite is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!venturesomerite is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!venturesomerite is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!venturesomerite is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!venturesomerite is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!venturesomerite is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!venturesomerite is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!venturesomerite is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!venturesomerite is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!venturesomerite is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

A few of mine (that I happen to have pictures of)

Tool Cart for the shop (made from a wrought iron tea service cart, scrap metal, and an broken tool box)

A bearing puller - about $15-20 worth of stuff from sears, I made it to pull the carrier bearing off my 7.3's drive shaft - you can figure out how I made it just by looking at it, it's pretty simple. The springs pull the jaws towards themselves so you can adjust it in and not have to hold them in place at the same time.

And of course my bike trailer made from scraps and a jetski trailer

and the the water trough, that turned into a jetski dolly, then into a motorcycle work platform (again, nothing but scraps)

~~~Brian

*** Sorry, had all my pics hosted on photobucket and they turned out to be a greedy cunt. Working on getting them all hosted elsewhere, and slowly fixing 5 billion pictures.

Uglier Better - 1996 Suzuki Katana 600 that wants to be a Gixxer

Coffee Pot - 1983 Yamaha Virago 920 - A cafe build on the super duper cheap.
venturesomerite is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived venturesomerite!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-02-2012, 11:14 PM   #37
mattam208
Idaho Outlaw
Fighterer
mattam208's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flipped Off 5 Times in 1 Post
mattam208 is a name known to allmattam208 is a name known to allmattam208 is a name known to allmattam208 is a name known to allmattam208 is a name known to allmattam208 is a name known to allmattam208 is a name known to allmattam208 is a name known to allmattam208 is a name known to allmattam208 is a name known to allmattam208 is a name known to all

So I needed a way ti lift my bike in the front so I could place stands under the frame to remove the tire. My previous way took melyself and my 17yr old son. This way I can do it by myself.Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1336014823122.jpg
Views: 543
Size:  40.9 KBName:  uploadfromtaptalk1336014853587.jpg
Views: 462
Size:  33.2 KBName:  uploadfromtaptalk1336014876682.jpg
Views: 470
Size:  33.6 KB

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Motorcycle.com Free App
mattam208 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived mattam208!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-02-2012, 11:21 PM   #38
dogmeatk
QUESTIONABLE ENGINEERING
CF Addict
dogmeatk's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:36 PM
Flip Offs: 19
Flipped Off 8 Times in 7 Posts
dogmeatk has a reputation beyond reputedogmeatk has a reputation beyond reputedogmeatk has a reputation beyond reputedogmeatk has a reputation beyond reputedogmeatk has a reputation beyond reputedogmeatk has a reputation beyond reputedogmeatk has a reputation beyond reputedogmeatk has a reputation beyond reputedogmeatk has a reputation beyond reputedogmeatk has a reputation beyond reputedogmeatk has a reputation beyond repute

Simple and effective! Rep to you two
dogmeatk is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived dogmeatk!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-03-2012, 11:38 PM   #39
MasterAtArms
Fighter In Training
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
MasterAtArms is well likedMasterAtArms is well likedMasterAtArms is well likedMasterAtArms is well likedMasterAtArms is well likedMasterAtArms is well liked

that kitchen stand gone tool cart is awesome
MasterAtArms is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived MasterAtArms!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-04-2012, 12:29 AM   #40
venturesomerite
Oiler Boilereerer...er(s)

CF Addict
venturesomerite's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 6
Flipped Off 4 Times in 3 Posts
venturesomerite is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!venturesomerite is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!venturesomerite is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!venturesomerite is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!venturesomerite is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!venturesomerite is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!venturesomerite is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!venturesomerite is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!venturesomerite is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!venturesomerite is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!venturesomerite is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterAtArms View Post
that kitchen stand gone tool cart is awesome
Thanks, but it is a tea service cart. You wouldn't want to sound silly calling it the wrong thing now. It would probably hold 500 lbs, honestly. It's solid wrought iron, way stronger than any other carts I've seen, and it was FREE

~~~Brian

*** Sorry, had all my pics hosted on photobucket and they turned out to be a greedy cunt. Working on getting them all hosted elsewhere, and slowly fixing 5 billion pictures.

Uglier Better - 1996 Suzuki Katana 600 that wants to be a Gixxer

Coffee Pot - 1983 Yamaha Virago 920 - A cafe build on the super duper cheap.
venturesomerite is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived venturesomerite!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Streetfighter Tools