The new project - TLS w/SSSA - Page 12 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > The new project - TLS w/SSSA

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-05-2013, 03:05 AM   #111
alatus
Slow Ass Mutherfucker

Fighterer
alatus's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:32 AM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 2 Times in 1 Post
alatus is a name known to allalatus is a name known to allalatus is a name known to allalatus is a name known to allalatus is a name known to allalatus is a name known to allalatus is a name known to allalatus is a name known to allalatus is a name known to allalatus is a name known to allalatus is a name known to all
Default Re: The new project - TLS w/SSSA

But how to get it to stay in there and not do bad things like crack the frame? Well, I think this should work:

I gleaned (okay, stole) the idea from one of cabbie's builds. It solves the bracketing issue and the subframe issue with the same approach...
Shock brackets:

Subframe spars:

With RS tail for rough fitment:

Hanlan's Razor - Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity...
alatus is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived alatus!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-05-2013, 03:26 AM   #112
alatus
Slow Ass Mutherfucker

Fighterer
alatus is a name known to allalatus is a name known to allalatus is a name known to allalatus is a name known to allalatus is a name known to allalatus is a name known to allalatus is a name known to allalatus is a name known to allalatus is a name known to allalatus is a name known to allalatus is a name known to all

Got the tail bolted at the top.

I can get to adjusters.

End result:

I will need quite few spacers, I know. But I already have alumin(i)um round stock on hand.

Hanlan's Razor - Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity...
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-05-2013, 03:33 AM   #113
alatus
Slow Ass Mutherfucker

Fighterer

Also shaved a few pieces on front end...

I am installing the M-Unit and M-lock, so no need for original ignition mount.

Top yoke:

Bottom yoke:

Et voila! Not perfect - but good enough for now:

This user High Fived alatus!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-05-2013, 03:46 AM   #114
alatus
Slow Ass Mutherfucker

Fighterer

So this is kinda where I'm at...

Feedback is welcome, as always.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-05-2013, 04:24 AM   #115
Reed
Fighter
Reed's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:32 AM
Flip Offs: 1
Flipped Off 16 Times in 3 Posts
Reed is a glorious beacon of lightReed is a glorious beacon of lightReed is a glorious beacon of lightReed is a glorious beacon of lightReed is a glorious beacon of lightReed is a glorious beacon of lightReed is a glorious beacon of lightReed is a glorious beacon of lightReed is a glorious beacon of lightReed is a glorious beacon of lightReed is a glorious beacon of light

ow ow! lookin good man. I can't wait to see all that bracing rendered in aluminum
Reed is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-20-2017, 01:05 AM   #116
alatus
Slow Ass Mutherfucker

Fighterer

Someone wanted to see the sub frame rendered in aluminum. Well, here it is (almost finished). These were rough cut with a band saw, jig saw, shaped with flapper wheels, a spindle sander, a 12" disc sander and an orbital sander. Holes were drilled with a drill press or a hand drill. So, basically, everything was done with basic tools and a LOT of time. Edit: All of the subframe/bracket parts are 1/2" alumin(i)um plate.

Raw finish:

Right side closeup:

Left side closeup:

That black line from the above image was relieved to make room to adjust the rear shock:

Seat supports (2 installed) clamped before drilling and tapping for M6 x 1.0 bolts:

Right side with tail on:

Mocking up the tray:

'Tray' in with tail on:

All work done with shop super's approval - as long as I watered him (it was 105* out).

Once the subframe/electrics have been finished, I have a local shop to weld up the tray and mill out some of the meat on the subframe rails. I might try that myself, but I REALLY don't want to screw that up and have to re-shape another frame spar.

So, progress has been slow, I know, but I WILL post up as I DW!!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-20-2017, 11:20 AM   #117
CK 187
CAPTAIN AWESOMEŽ

CK 187's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 631
Flipped Off 470 Times in 171 Posts
CK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too much
Default Medal Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

3.5 year hiatus..........whoa
CK 187 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-21-2017, 06:08 PM   #118
XxGRYMMxX
Breaking shit...
CF Pimp
XxGRYMMxX's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 8
Flipped Off 13 Times in 10 Posts
XxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on here

sub'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcantar View Post
They can ban, outlaw, and restrict whatever they please. I'll keep doing whatever the fuck I'm doing, because I don't really give a shit. The only thing that will change is that I'll be breaking their made up bullshit rules while doing it, and I'm comfortable with that.

My Build http://www.customfighters.com/forums...d.php?t=118649
XxGRYMMxX is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-21-2017, 10:26 PM   #119
alatus
Slow Ass Mutherfucker

Fighterer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK 187 View Post
3.5 year hiatus..........whoa
Yeah, well. Life happens. New house. New job. Two small kids that the wife put her career on hold to start raising, so we're on one income. The project bike had to take a back seat for a while. I've had the damn thing since 2008, so maybe I'll finish on the 10 year anniversary?

This user High Fived alatus!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-22-2017, 03:37 AM   #120
The Phantom
Psuedoiterative
Noobie
The Phantom's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 12:32 AM
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
The Phantom is a glorious beacon of lightThe Phantom is a glorious beacon of lightThe Phantom is a glorious beacon of lightThe Phantom is a glorious beacon of lightThe Phantom is a glorious beacon of lightThe Phantom is a glorious beacon of lightThe Phantom is a glorious beacon of lightThe Phantom is a glorious beacon of lightThe Phantom is a glorious beacon of light

You're still moving faster on yours than I am on mine... looking good.

It's a tour, not a race... but don't get in my way while I'm touring!

1994 VFR750 fighter
1995 VFR750 stocker
1991 GSX-R750 not sure yet but it's got a pretty wild motor
The Phantom is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived The Phantom!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes