The new project - TLS w/SSSA - Page 7 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > The new project - TLS w/SSSA

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-08-2010, 12:48 PM   #61
929_adam
Eff Tee Pee
929_adam's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:40 AM
Flip Offs: 501
Flipped Off 166 Times in 132 Posts
929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 
Default Re: The new project - TLS w/SSSA

you could make a fiberglass piece that covers it to go with the tail you have, or with (as suggested) a smaller tail. start cutting out some cardboard to get an idea of the piece you want to make, then cut it outta foam, then do your glass.

Gavin Wayne Butts - Greencheezeeta - 10/5/83 - 9/8/09 RIP My Brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpls|cafe|racer
"Knowledge is knowing that you know nothing." That's a motto to live by. There's always someone out there better, more knowledgable, faster, etc. and you can always learn and improve...
AFF.COM
929_adam is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-08-2010, 01:52 PM   #62
paul
VP of Daily Operations
paul's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 18
Flipped Off 63 Times in 48 Posts
paul is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!paul is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!paul is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!paul is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!paul is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!paul is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!paul is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!paul is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!paul is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!paul is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!paul is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0regret5 View Post
you're on your way to beating sully....
this comment i disagree with.... sully's bike has so many small details that its gonna be a long road to over take the quality of that bike

R.I.P.
Gavin "Greencheezeata" Butts

October 5, 1983 - September 8, 2009

www.FOHCycleFab.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denvgasm View Post
I like man on man asshole gobbling

please don't make that a sig

IIII <Fucking Count It!!!
paul is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived paul!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-08-2010, 03:05 PM   #63
929_adam
Eff Tee Pee
929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

+1. nothing against you or the bike. very interested in watching this one come together!

Quote:
"Knowledge is knowing that you know nothing." That's a motto to live by. There's always someone out there better, more knowledgable, faster, etc. and you can always learn and improve...
AFF.COM
This user High Fived 929_adam!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-08-2010, 07:39 PM   #64
aero4
WHAT IS NORMAL ?
Fighterer
aero4's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 02:40 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
aero4 is a NOOB

very nice.....just found this thread & am now avidly awaiting next update, due to wanting to mod my 97 tls & i'm likin what u're doin......lots
keep it up

UK STREETFIGHTER-DEATH OR GLORY

aero4 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived aero4!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-08-2010, 09:12 PM   #65
alatus
Slow Ass Mutherfucker

Fighterer
alatus's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:40 AM
Flipped Off 2 Times in 1 Post
alatus is a name known to allalatus is a name known to allalatus is a name known to allalatus is a name known to allalatus is a name known to allalatus is a name known to allalatus is a name known to allalatus is a name known to allalatus is a name known to allalatus is a name known to allalatus is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by 929_adam View Post
you could make a fiberglass piece that covers it to go with the tail you have, or with (as suggested) a smaller tail. start cutting out some cardboard to get an idea of the piece you want to make, then cut it outta foam, then do your glass.
I ordered a wire knife and some filler made specifically for extruded polystyrene. I plan on blocking together the foam and shaping a one-off tail. I tried to find a tail that I liked better than the GSXR's and nothing seemed to really satisfy. So, I have another project on top of wiring, engine rebuild, custom exhaust, paint/powedercoat, etc... I have been researching the hell out of ways to make a plug, then a mold and then the final tail. I will post up pics when I get everything in and start the process. In the mean time, I am trying to sort the wiring to see what I can chop and what I can keep.

Hanlan's Razor - Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity...
alatus is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived alatus!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-09-2010, 12:45 PM   #66
929_adam
Eff Tee Pee

It's going to be a bunch more work, but you'll be happy in the end!

Quote:
AFF.COM
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-09-2010, 09:07 PM   #67
alatus
Slow Ass Mutherfucker

Fighterer
alatus is a name known to allalatus is a name known to allalatus is a name known to allalatus is a name known to allalatus is a name known to allalatus is a name known to allalatus is a name known to allalatus is a name known to allalatus is a name known to allalatus is a name known to allalatus is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by 929_adam View Post
It's going to be a bunch more work, but you'll be happy in the end!
HA! This is CF - if it ain't right (or maybe even if it is) it can always be rebuilt!!

Hanlan's Razor - Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity...
This user High Fived alatus!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-21-2010, 12:04 AM   #68
alatus
Slow Ass Mutherfucker

Fighterer

The fucking ongoing saga continues...

Weathered the first round of pink slips this year and, with the wedding really close (but paid for), I got to messing with the tail... finally.

Some of you will recognize where this came from but I am gonna try and use the GSXR race tail to make a splash mold, then modify the plug I'll make from that.

Nota Bene: I SUCK at fabrication, so if you choose to copy this, god help you.

So...

First thing was to set the race tail up for a lip to glass up against. I taped out a midline to help locate the template to make a melamine rail.

Tape-

The paper template:

Using the paper template I cut out the rigid rail form a piece of melamine:

Then, I hot glued the melamine into place and stuffed modeling clay into the gaps.

Used a razor knife to trim the excess and the waxed the shit out of it with release wax. Put on Partall Mold Release Liquid and then let it dry. That's where I am right now:

I will lay glass tonight and we'll see how this butcher job works tomorrow afternoon or Tuesday.

The overall plan is to shave the sides to be narrower, cut off a portion of the rear, shape the rear end to take a stock TL tail light, and resolve the lines/mounting points with the sub. If I completely fuck this up, I'll go to foam and try that. But I wanted to give this a try just to see if I could do it.

These people High Fived alatus!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-21-2010, 12:48 AM   #69
n0regret5
Commander Cool
n0regret5's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:40 AM
Flip Offs: 488
Flipped Off 214 Times in 150 Posts
n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

shit, thats clever......looking forward to seeing how it turns out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul View Post
this comment i disagree with.... sully's bike has so many small details that its gonna be a long road to over take the quality of that bike
i'm so sorry. honestly. he was the guy that brought me here initially! haha

n0regret5 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived n0regret5!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-21-2010, 01:35 AM   #70
alatus
Slow Ass Mutherfucker

Fighterer

Idea is not mine, so can't claim to be clever myself. Even with the detailed thread I researched, there's no substitute for actual experience. Which I am, unfortunately, finding out. While in the midst of laying in pieces, I came to the conclusion that I should have made some newspaper patterns for the pieces involved in the layup. Not for looks or anything, but simply for ease of application. I WILL do it for the plug and final piece for sure.

Using West Systems products - really good shit compared to the crap I used last time.

Layup is mostly complete and curing. Will post up progress pics when I pop the mold off.

While it dries, enjoy (or not) the three little ladies that my pops gave me.

Not sure of the exact years, but all 60's models.

LOTS of extra parts, including an extra engine, extra frame, and a set of new pistons.

EDIT: checked piece this morning. Cured up well, but I'll need to add a layer or two in a couple of places. The slow hardener I used worked well for me because I am still not very competent with working fiberglass. It should be ready to come off the part this afternoon when I get home (hope I have time).

These people High Fived alatus!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes