Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

05-06 zx6r 636 to 2012 zx6r fork swap

3K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  03R1stunter 
#1 ·
I'm currently building a 05 zx6r I ran the vin and its a 636 .I had only intended in buying a wheel when i managed to get a whole front end off a 2012 zx6r. I have everything apart and when attempting to install the triple off the 2012 in the 05 it is about 1/4 to 3/8 longer. I have read about people making spacers. I have access to a full machine shop. However my concern is running a spacer...Can i press out the steering stem from the 05 and press it in the 2012? Will the top clamp have enough room ? I know how pressing things out usually ends up and the last thing i wanna do is damage the triple from either front end. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

#2 ·
I have 05/06 triples that I do believe fit a 09-12 zx6 forks just throwing it out there

#5 ·
Edit: just re read your post. Your best bet would be to press the 05 stem into the 12 triples. You can run spacers but swapping stems is a much better bet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.