Kat's Volty two-fiddy Street Tracker - Page 4 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Kat's Volty two-fiddy Street Tracker

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-04-2018, 11:59 AM   #31
GoodKat
Mr. Good Kat
Fighterer
GoodKat's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:59 AM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yantosh View Post
all depends on your powdercoater, it shouldn't if done well, but a lot of places are heavy handed

my blade arm

thats after powder and a smoked clear powder top coat
Hey yantosh! The VIN number on my TU is engraved into the frame as on most steel frame bikes.

On your blade’s swing arm I think the letters are embossed as far as I can see in the picture.

P.S ... the powdercoating is gasoline resistant, right?
GoodKat is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-04-2018, 12:57 PM   #32
yantosh
yantosh's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 12:59 PM
Flip Offs: 14
Flipped Off 18 Times in 16 Posts
yantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: Kat's Volty two-fiddy Street Tracker

I know how a VIN number works, it was just an example,

it shouldn't lift with gasoline but it might discolour it a little , depends on the powder
yantosh is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-04-2018, 02:43 PM   #33
GoodKat
Mr. Good Kat
Fighterer
GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yantosh View Post
I know how a VIN number works, it was just an example,

it shouldn't lift with gasoline but it might discolour it a little , depends on the powder
Thank you! I hope tomorrow I’ll bring new updates on the project.

Stay tuned!
This user High Fived GoodKat!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-05-2018, 08:32 PM   #34
tldave
CF Addict
tldave's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 5
Flipped Off 71 Times in 42 Posts
tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

what happened with this project man?
tldave is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-06-2018, 03:27 AM   #35
GoodKat
Mr. Good Kat
Fighterer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tldave View Post
what happened with this project man?
Hey dave!

The project is not finished yet. I've let it aside for a few months because I had other money pits and all my funds were directed away from the little Tu250x.

Two weeks ago the gas tank went to the paint shop, probably one of these days I'll take it back.

The frame is still at my friend's metal work shop, he needs to weld the side stand bracket and turn the frame loop upwards to a 20 ish degrees.

I've ordered a new ignition switch from emgo, because I want to put the ignition on the side of the frame.

I couldn't imagine that you could do so many things on such a simple motorcycle.

Do you guys know where can I source some simple (and cheap) alloy fenders? Are there any chinese sellers on ebay that are selling alloy fenders?
These people High Fived GoodKat!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-24-2018, 03:48 PM   #36
GoodKat
Mr. Good Kat
Fighterer

Some updates:

Spent some times tooling around and did this: a speedometer aluminum housing made from a tractor piston. I hated the old plastic one. Still need to create the bracket that attaches to the top triple tree:

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-24-2018, 04:14 PM   #37
Mattson
Stressed Member
Mattson's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 02:59 PM
Flip Offs: 25
Flipped Off 34 Times in 22 Posts
Mattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 

Damn that`s cool!

Yamaha XJR 1300 `99
Ex:Bashan BS200-S7 '07 Street Quad
Ex: Benelli Tornado 900 '06
Ex:Triumph Daytona 955i DSSA '02
Ex:Honda CBR 600 F2 '91
Mattson is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Mattson!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-25-2018, 06:35 AM   #38
GoodKat
Mr. Good Kat
Fighterer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattson View Post
Damn that`s cool!
Thanks! In reality it looks better, didn't had the lightning condition to take some nice shots of it.

The downside of this casing is the weight. It weighs about 190 grams. But it looks nice. The standard casing was a plastic shell, and there was also a bracket that attached the speedo to the top triple tree. The total weight was about 120 grams.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-25-2018, 06:46 AM   #39
ROBBO
MAJOR FOOKIN' CATASTROPHY
ROBBO's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:59 AM
Flip Offs: 643
Flipped Off 1,366 Times in 753 Posts
ROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month Default Medal Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

I had aluminium holders for the Gauges on me old RIII they were heavy but looked pretty good ,yours looks much better .Nice work matey.

...ALL FOR ONE AND ONE FOR ALL...
ROBBO' 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoker View Post

Fucking reaper better fear me.
ROBBO is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived ROBBO!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-25-2018, 07:43 AM   #40
GoodKat
Mr. Good Kat
Fighterer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBBO View Post
I had aluminium holders for the Gauges on me old RIII they were heavy but looked pretty good ,yours looks much better .Nice work matey.
Thanks ROBBO!

Last few weeks I was thinking at a way to get me some nice wheels and also keep the cost down.

Initial plan was something like this:

Strip the standard wheels, replace all spokes and nipples with stainless ones, powdercoat the rims and hubs, relace them, true them and call it a good job. Law-wise this would satisfy the police but cost-wise, this would kick my wallet right in the nuts.

The second plan that crossed my mind is the following:

Forget about the law and buy some nice alloy rims from Aprilia RS 50 or Derbi GPR 50. Actually the rear rim of the RS50 uses the same dimensions of rubber as the Volty so onlye the front would be problematic but I don't care.

These are some pretty light weight wheels AFAIK, I can fit some nice tubeless rubbers on them and would look awesome. And I don't need to worry about trueing, lacing etc. the wheels.

The downside of this is that on the rear I need to make an adapter for a brake caliper (I'm going to buy the complete set of wheels with brake rotors, calipers, axles to make a good fitment.

It would be a first time for me to change the wheels on a motorcycle.

As a side plan I was thinking to get the complete front-end from an RS50 but looking on the internet, the weight of the RS 50 is about 90 kilograms, my bike will weigh about 110 +/-. Also, I don't know the how long are the RS 50 forks. Any of you folks have access to a program / database to send me the wheels & forks dimensions for RS50 / Derbi GPR 50 (offsets, hub width, fork length etc) ?

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes