Kat's Volty two-fiddy Street Tracker - Page 5 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Kat's Volty two-fiddy Street Tracker

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-25-2018, 12:28 PM   #41
a_morti
GURU

CF Addict
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 12:22 PM
Flip Offs: 24
Flipped Off 24 Times in 14 Posts
a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Default Re: Kat's Volty two-fiddy Street Tracker

Any particular reason to use the rs50 parts over parts from an rs125? Idk in your part of the world but in UK, the 125 parts are much more common, so cheaper. I guess the 125 is also heavier so would come with heavier springs. Or spring, I know the mito 125 used a single fork spring with the other leg just for the damping so maybe others are same.

Best bet is just get the wheels and make them fit. If you're doing a whole front end swap, there are very few combinations that can't be made to work with a big enough hammer.

Aaron, living in Gibraltar and riding a 2014 MSX125 (Grom) with a bunch of shiny shite on it. Slow n loud!
a_morti is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-25-2018, 12:33 PM   #42
GoodKat
Mr. Good Kat
Fighterer
GoodKat's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:22 AM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Hey @a_morti! Where do I live - Eastern Europe - RS 125 parts and RS50 are costing roughly the same. The downside for RS125 is that the wheels are too wide 110 for the front and 150 for the rear.
GoodKat is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-05-2018, 06:40 AM   #43
GoodKat
Mr. Good Kat
Fighterer
GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Slow updates:

Set a 21.3 degrees upward bend on the rear frame loop to have enough clearance for the rear wheel, even though the current shocks are 6 cm taller than the standard ones.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-05-2018, 06:43 AM   #44
GoodKat
Mr. Good Kat
Fighterer

Also, I need some enlightment regarding the rear wheel cush drive.

I want to change the spoked wheels with alloys but I hit a wall regarding the selection of wheels.

First I said that I'm going to use Aprilia RS 125 wheels ...then I noticed that the sprocket and disc are on the wrong sides, flipping the rear wheel is not a solution...plus, the tires are too wide for my project.

Then I said that I'm going to use Aprilia RS 50 wheels...seemed nice until I noticed that there is no rubber cush drive on the rear wheel.

AFAIK, the role of the cush drive is to protect the transmission from the shocks of the rear wheel.

Now...the wheels I am aiming are from a HONDA NSR 125 (2000). They look nice but the rear wheel has some cylindrical rubber bushings instead of the triangular rubber cush drive.

Anyone knows if there is a problem regarding the transmission if I decide on using the NSR wheels?

Important notice: the bikes above are all 2 strokes, my project is a 4 stroke, I don't know if this matters.

I am looking for a pair of alloy wheels, with the sprocket on the left, brake disc on the right, not too expensive (preferably around the year 2000-2005 to get a good price) front tire width between 90-110 and rear between 110-130. If you got any other suggestions, let me hear.

...OR IF YOU GOT A SET OF ALLOY WHEELS FROM A 125cc BIKE THAT MEETS THE CONDITIONS MENTIONED ABOVE, TO THROW AWAY FOR BEER MONEY, LET ME KNOW.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-05-2018, 10:28 AM   #45
GoodKat
Mr. Good Kat
Fighterer

New pictures with the frame almost finished:

The sidestand mount is tack welded, need to add a gap filler between the mount and the vertical frame rail and some welds on the rear hoop.
These people High Fived GoodKat!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-10-2018, 03:57 AM   #46
rex_saugerty
V four honda whore
rex_saugerty's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:22 PM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 40 Times in 39 Posts
rex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 

there are sprockets with rubbers. you can scoop around JT sprocket homepage for options

1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0
rex_saugerty is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-10-2018, 04:43 AM   #47
GoodKat
Mr. Good Kat
Fighterer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rex_saugerty View Post
there are sprockets with rubbers. you can scoop around JT sprocket homepage for options
Regarding wheel's I've set my mind to Yamaha MT125 wheels. Nice alloy spoked wheels, perfect dimensions AFAIK and not too expensive.

But first I need to get the bike back from the shop and fix it for ITP (the equivalent of MOT here).
This user High Fived GoodKat!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-05-2018, 06:07 AM   #48
GoodKat
Mr. Good Kat
Fighterer

And here is the freshly painted gas tank.

The knee dents turned out better than I thought. For the first time I'm hammering some knee dents on a gas tank, i think they turned out pretty well.

These people High Fived GoodKat!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-05-2018, 06:09 AM   #49
GoodKat
Mr. Good Kat
Fighterer

The paint code was sourced from an Opel color catalog. I forgot the code but turned out pretty nice. First I was thinking to paint it in British Racing Green but then I said to myself that it needs some bling and so, some glitter was added.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-05-2018, 11:55 AM   #50
ZeroFret
Noobie
ZeroFret's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 02:22 AM
ZeroFret is a name known to allZeroFret is a name known to allZeroFret is a name known to allZeroFret is a name known to allZeroFret is a name known to allZeroFret is a name known to allZeroFret is a name known to allZeroFret is a name known to allZeroFret is a name known to allZeroFret is a name known to allZeroFret is a name known to all

Cool project! I’m digging it, and excited to see where it goes.
ZeroFret is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes