Buell XB12Scg 2009 - Page 5 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Buell XB12Scg 2009

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-09-2015, 09:06 AM   #41
ants
Legit goon

CF Addict
ants's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:52 PM
Flip Offs: 97
Flipped Off 13 Times in 10 Posts
ants is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ants is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ants is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ants is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ants is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ants is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ants is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ants is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ants is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ants is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ants is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Default Re: Buell XB12Scg 2009

What a nifty feature man! Looking super clean as well.
Same question as red liner - how's the feeling riding with them?

~Andrew
r.i.p.[||]
Normality is a waste of potential.
My slow-ass project: '89 Yamaha XJ600 the GOON

@Cookie2000ad:-------------------------------------------------------
| This is CF. If you file down a bolt we expect 10 photos and a video. |
------------------------------------------------------------------------
ants is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-09-2015, 02:18 PM   #42
TPEHAK
Fighter
Local Time: 12:52 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
TPEHAK has much to be proud ofTPEHAK has much to be proud ofTPEHAK has much to be proud ofTPEHAK has much to be proud ofTPEHAK has much to be proud ofTPEHAK has much to be proud ofTPEHAK has much to be proud ofTPEHAK has much to be proud ofTPEHAK has much to be proud ofTPEHAK has much to be proud ofTPEHAK has much to be proud of
Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

Thanks. I like relaxed leg position on the highway foot pegs. I can stretch my legs. My legs feel much better after long trip. The only issue is vibration. The highway foot pegs vibrate pretty hard and legs go numb in a few minutes. But I'm OK with it, I combine standard riding position with the highway foot pegs riding.
TPEHAK is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-09-2015, 04:56 PM   #43
sebwiers
lɐʇuǝɯᴉɹǝdxǝ

CF Pimp
sebwiers's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 21
Flipped Off 36 Times in 19 Posts
sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 

Are those pegs sturdy enough to use as main pegs that you would stand on? I like how easy they would be to make a bracket for.
sebwiers is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-09-2015, 07:26 PM   #44
TPEHAK
Fighter
TPEHAK has much to be proud ofTPEHAK has much to be proud ofTPEHAK has much to be proud ofTPEHAK has much to be proud ofTPEHAK has much to be proud ofTPEHAK has much to be proud ofTPEHAK has much to be proud ofTPEHAK has much to be proud ofTPEHAK has much to be proud ofTPEHAK has much to be proud ofTPEHAK has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebwiers View Post
Are those pegs sturdy enough to use as main pegs that you would stand on? I like how easy they would be to make a bracket for.
I feel they are sturdy enough to stay on them. But they are mostly for passenger or for highway because they can be folded. For the main foot pegs I would use spring loaded main foot pegs for sporty sitting position or solid unfoldable foot pegs for chopper style sitting position.

Here are the foot pegs I use

http://shop.rycamotors.com/universal..._footpegs.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYR0MUr4VcI
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-09-2015, 07:50 PM   #45
sebwiers
lɐʇuǝɯᴉɹǝdxǝ

CF Pimp
sebwiers's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 21
Flipped Off 36 Times in 19 Posts
sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 

Damn. I was hoping for something that would avoid having to do a bunch of machining, basically a simple bolt on front peg set. Thanks, and will get off to my own build thread now now to avoid sidetracking!
sebwiers is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-12-2015, 11:27 PM   #46
TPEHAK
Fighter

OK, new update, I've finished the chopped tail with LED strip with integrated turn signal.

These people High Fived TPEHAK!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-12-2015, 11:41 PM   #47
powdr7
Fighter
Local Time: 01:52 PM
powdr7 is a glorious beacon of lightpowdr7 is a glorious beacon of lightpowdr7 is a glorious beacon of lightpowdr7 is a glorious beacon of lightpowdr7 is a glorious beacon of lightpowdr7 is a glorious beacon of lightpowdr7 is a glorious beacon of lightpowdr7 is a glorious beacon of lightpowdr7 is a glorious beacon of lightpowdr7 is a glorious beacon of lightpowdr7 is a glorious beacon of light

Looking great, well done on the pegs and tail.
powdr7 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-13-2015, 12:07 AM   #48
TPEHAK
Fighter

Thanks! Here is the chopped tail process. More informations you can see here http://www.buellxb.com/forum/showthr...rom-stock-tail

I took my old stock Buell XB tail

Then chopped off the fender

Finished the edges

Bent and cut new aluminum bottom

Removed the old paint

Weld the bottom

Ground down the welding lines

Bought the RadintZ Premium Integrator kit

Prepared the flexible LED strip from the kit. Trimmed it and split the yellow color circuid

Trimmed the D-tibe from the kit

Bent it with hit gun

This user High Fived TPEHAK!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-13-2015, 12:08 AM   #49
TPEHAK
Fighter

Cut the slot for the LED strip

Filled the welding seam holes with high temperature putty

Sandpapered the putty

Drilled the hole for license plate wires

Prepared the templates for LED strip support bracket

Cut and bent aluminum support bracket

Covered with primer

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-13-2015, 12:10 AM   #50
TPEHAK
Fighter

After a few cycles priming+wet sanding

Painted it

Prepared the bracket for the license plate

Primed it and painted it

Finished the LED strip

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes