any affordable aftermarket rearset options for 09-11 EX400/EX650 Ninja - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Beginner Streetfighter Questions

Beginner Streetfighter Questions This is the place to ask all beginner questions with no fear of being flamed. This section will be HEAVILY MODERATED! Any fighter related question is allowed, no matter how simple!

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > any affordable aftermarket rearset options for 09-11 EX400/EX650 Ninja

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-23-2019, 11:40 AM   #1
Captain_Frostbyte
NoObie
Noobie
Local Time: 04:40 AM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Captain_Frostbyte is a NOOB
Default any affordable aftermarket rearset options for 09-11 EX400/EX650 Ninja

Hey all, seems local potholes and traffic got the best of me and I dumped my little ninja. In the process I busted the pivot point for the rear break on the factory rearset.

I was looking at whats out there and Seems like Sato and Woodcraft both make rear sets for the bike but after shipping, taxes, duties, and exchange they would cost me almost as much as I spent on the bike in the first place. Google isn't finding much else out there.

I don't care if I give up the pillion pegs, I don't plan on ever taking passengers on the bike.

Anybody know if there is another bike that has a similar mounting points? I like the idea of being able to drop the pegs a bit, will make the bike a lot more comfortable, but it's not worth almost a grand to me. If there is nothing out there I'll either live with a used replacement or just start building new ones myself, possibly cannibalizing a cheap aftermarket set from another bike and just making my own mounting plates. If nothing else it will keep my busy this winter.

Thanks for your input.
Captain_Frostbyte is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-23-2019, 12:29 PM   #2
Junkie
re-tarded
CF Addict
Junkie's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:40 AM
Flip Offs: 3
Junkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to behold
Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: any affordable aftermarket rearset options for 09-11 EX400/EX650 Ninja

the Ninja 650 uses unusual mount points vs most bikes so I doubt you'll find anything else that fits

https://www.ebay.com/itm/142795994041 you can get China knockoffs for a reasonable price, way less than Sato/Woodcraft/etc

A steering damper dampens steering oscillations. If it starts to leak, it may become a steering dampener. There's no such thing as a dampner.

Bikes: naked SV1000 with all the possible bling, FE570, FS570, 450XCF SM trackbike
Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-23-2019, 04:20 PM   #3
Captain_Frostbyte
NoObie
Noobie
Default Re: any affordable aftermarket rearset options for 09-11 EX400/EX650 Ninja

I saw those, been trying to figure out if those will fit, I can find options for models either side. but seems like next to nothing for the 09 to 11 model years outside if the big guys. I can swallow a couple hundred bucks on this project as the worst case new will run me $200 for the OEM for one side.

If nothing else the project will keep me busy for the winter, was almost time to put the bike away anyhow.
Captain_Frostbyte is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-02-2019, 06:44 AM   #4
tldave
CF Addict
tldave's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 5
Flipped Off 71 Times in 42 Posts
tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

I have dealt with the aftermarket rearsets for these 650s, definitely do not get the chinese ones. the woodcraft ones are flimsy as fuck as it is. I would say make your own. I have a black stock mount, not sure which side. also, first gen rearsets WILL MOUNT on your intermediate gen if you decide fuck it, and drill a hole for the top mount. done it.
tldave is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-02-2019, 09:14 PM   #5
Captain_Frostbyte
NoObie
Noobie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tldave View Post
I have dealt with the aftermarket rearsets for these 650s, definitely do not get the chinese ones. the woodcraft ones are flimsy as fuck as it is. I would say make your own. I have a black stock mount, not sure which side. also, first gen rearsets WILL MOUNT on your intermediate gen if you decide fuck it, and drill a hole for the top mount. done it.
if that one you have happens to be for the right side (brake side) let me know what you want for it.

otherwise I'm thinking DIY or maybe subbing ones of a versys is the way to go.

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Beginner Streetfighter Questions