'96 ZX6R by Krizzo - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > '96 ZX6R by Krizzo

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-26-2020, 07:00 PM   #1
Krizzo
NoObie
Noobie
Local Time: 02:53 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Krizzo is a NOOB
Default '96 ZX6R by Krizzo

Hello

I am currently in progress of building this 1996 ZX6R

I have initially purchased the bike for 250 and intended to build it on the cheap, however in the end I just wanted to do it sort of my "right" way, to have a reliable bike.

The works involved:

Sourcing a J1 exhaust together with a mivv carbon pipe in rough shape, I got this cheap the muffler was press on the exhaust as someone did not trim the tip, therefore they couldn't separate it and I got it as set for cheap, reconditioned the muffler and now have stainless exhaust and a decent muffler.

Fitted a yamaha fazer handlebar mounts onto the top yoke, the yoke was drilled and the mounts original bolts have been threaded all the way down to allow for bolting it to the yoke.

I have also got a renthal handlebar which was also off a fazer - although not sure if original to the bike, but the position on the bike seems good.

Bike has 40k miles on the odo, 24 years old, the radiators have seen better days and were perishing, a replacement radiator is no longer available, a company makes a replacement radiator for this bike but the price is 350, I have instead fitted a B1 new aftermarket radiator for the price of 80, I also deleted the oil radiator and will be fitting a coolant-oil heat exchanger off the J1 model, the feed and return from the oil radiator hoses are plugged with vw sump plugs, one will be used for oil temperature sensor location, the oil cooler feeds directly from oil filter and exits into the main oil rail, I believe it is safe to plug it without looping, pushing all oil via the filter and heat exchanger instead.

The new radiator uses a M20 fan switch, I will use a m20 to m16 reducer to use the original fan switch and connector, I may install an override switch on handlebars too

I adapted a J1 throttle assembly with custom length throttle cables, using the front adjusters off the J1 and keeping the original bends that attach to the carbs, together with this I installed J1 switchgears, they have the same plugs and require no modification, the choke cable seems long enough for now.

I chose a bandit aftermarket headlight, suzuki k4 indicators, will be installing a koso DB-03R dash + additional koso temperature meter for oil (dash only supports one temperature reading)

I will be using the original temperature sensor location for the koso sensor, in the cylinder head, using a m10 to 1/8 adapter.

The front brake master cylinder is off B1 model, braided lines from a suzuki bandit, stripped and cleaned brake calipers with new brake pads.

I am still waiting for parts to arrive but will hopefully update the thread as work progresses.

Krizzo is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Krizzo!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-27-2020, 01:46 AM   #2
yantosh
yantosh's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:53 PM
Flip Offs: 14
Flipped Off 18 Times in 16 Posts
yantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: '96 ZX6R by Krizzo

welcome in
yantosh is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-30-2020, 07:48 AM   #3
Krizzo
NoObie
Noobie
Krizzo is a NOOB

Some progress

givi rack fitted and top box obtained

Front breaks bleed

Waiting to be fitted:

Tyres
Wheel bearings + seals
New chain and sprockets

Had to ditch these indicators as barely seen when working, cheap crap, sourced some oem kawasaki off z800 used

Think I will epoxy the speed sensor bracket onto the fork as no other decent way to zip tie it in place as it needs to sit well low on the fork to reach the magnets in disc bolts

Also re-routed the carb pressure line to the airbox hopefully this will work fine without the front ram air, I may use the side pipes but not sure
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200716_172252.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	1.32 MB
ID:	108822   Click image for larger version

Name:	20200722_133636.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	2.19 MB
ID:	108824   Click image for larger version

Name:	20200709_170348.jpg
Size:	1.19 MB
ID:	108826   Click image for larger version

Name:	20200722_133646.jpg
Size:	1,023.7 KB
ID:	108828  
This user High Fived Krizzo!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-05-2020, 03:14 PM   #4
AlanSmith7
NoObie
Noobie
AlanSmith7 is a NOOB

Your Kawasaki looking good. But the Chain is looking rusty.
AlanSmith7 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-05-2020, 04:24 PM   #5
yantosh
yantosh's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:53 PM
Flip Offs: 14
Flipped Off 18 Times in 16 Posts
yantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

get a weeks shoppin in that box
yantosh is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived yantosh!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-06-2020, 04:38 AM   #6
Krizzo
NoObie
Noobie
Krizzo is a NOOB

old chain still on the bike at the moment

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes