JamesHambleton 87' VFR750 Liz Discussion - Page 5 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > JamesHambleton 87' VFR750 Liz Discussion

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-04-2018, 08:23 AM   #41
Cookie2000ad
Persuasion Engineered
Cookie2000ad's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:29 PM
Flip Offs: 166
Flipped Off 59 Times in 27 Posts
Cookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CK
Default Medal Burnout Contest Winner Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: JamesHambleton 87' VFR750 Liz Discussion

I hear that! As a (just) non-finisher previous myself, I know the challenge!

It's the Winter Build-off, if everyone finished it would surely be a sign of the End of Days. Locust and floods would follow next.

Looks like we have a couple in the bag already though, which is pretty great.
Cookie2000ad is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Cookie2000ad!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-19-2018, 02:32 PM   #42
JamesHambleton
Wanna be racer

CF Addict
JamesHambleton's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 12
Flipped Off 19 Times in 16 Posts
JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Seems to be something in the air at the moment, my work horse kicked me off today at 10mph threw me about 10ft across the road whilst been about 2ft in the air. For metric people 15kmh, 3 meters and approx half a meter in the air.
JamesHambleton is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-22-2018, 06:34 AM   #43
Cookie2000ad
Persuasion Engineered
Cookie2000ad's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 166
Flipped Off 59 Times in 27 Posts
Cookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CK
Default Medal Burnout Contest Winner Fighter of the Month 

Well that sucks, is it broken? What bike was it, Is it broken?
Cookie2000ad is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-24-2018, 05:07 PM   #44
JamesHambleton
Wanna be racer

CF Addict
JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Broken my wrist in 2 places, bike was my little cb500. Stator cover cracked through, front mudguard bent, snapped the inside of the clocks, front headlight bent, mirror and clutch lever point cracked and sheared, bent gear lever, topbox took the brunt of the hit which once again has saved a lot more damage.

They're hoping my wrist is good for wednesday 13th for removing my pot as I'm doing 2 weeks touring in the alps on said bike starting on the 16th
JamesHambleton is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived JamesHambleton!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-02-2018, 06:21 AM   #45
JamesHambleton
Wanna be racer

CF Addict
Default Re: JamesHambleton 87' VFR750 Liz

Well with the build off over can I request this to be moved to the member project's section of the site.

Other updates, after I dropped off the yokes with an estimated turn around time of 3 days... 5 weeks later they're still sat in the office so I found another local machine shop and took them there, I've taken the swingarm there.

The guy at the machine shop I'm now using has 3 custom built bikes which are beautiful. They have quoted me much better for the work than the other place too

The clipons I ordered have gotten lost so they're reshipping those.

Oh and I finally got the bike home.
These people High Fived JamesHambleton!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-09-2018, 08:20 PM   #46
JamesHambleton
Wanna be racer

CF Addict

Moved the bike into the garden not sure how that happened as I'm under mothers ruling not to ride/push/move any of my bikes..
But what she doesn't know can't harm her

Messed about and fitted the interceptor rep parts

Damm I'm in love already

Test fitted the fiberglass panels that are getting painted for fitment - need to cut out the hold for the rear light.

Managed to trace, mask and transfer the cutout I need for the rear light on the fiberglass rear cowling... it's surprisingly hard doing it one handed but I managed to get it within 1mm of difference. The fiberglass is no where near to the oem panel either so I'm pleased.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-13-2018, 09:33 AM   #47
JamesHambleton
Wanna be racer

CF Addict

Well got my pot removed today, so dropped off the tank, sidepanels, rear cowl, rear subframe and rear caliper dropped off at the paint shop.

I've been rethinking about the rear shock setup, since the dogbone triangles stuff not making sense in my head I came across @370steve's hornet thread where he got a bracket welded to the swingarm and running a conventional suspension setup without honda's "pro arm" BS... definitely food for thought
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-13-2018, 02:14 PM   #48
JamesHambleton
Wanna be racer

CF Addict

Had a text today saying that the swingarm and the yokes are done and to pick them up on Monday..
Dammit on Monday I'm back in Northern Ireland for approx 3 months!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-25-2018, 05:09 AM   #49
JamesHambleton
Wanna be racer

CF Addict

Got sent these photos this morning.. dammm it I want to be at home and tinkering

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-13-2018, 10:48 AM   #50
JamesHambleton
Wanna be racer

CF Addict

I've managed to find the headlight brackets which I want as it's got the indicator mounts in it too!

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/1159322_32896430629.html

But they only seem to come in a maximum size of either 39 or 41mm for the fork clamps.

I can find the same brackets minus the indicator point witch sizes going up to 57mm for the fork clamps.
https://www.alchemyparts.co.uk/high-quality-pair-of-razor-style-cnc-machined-billet/

The mounting brackets look exactly the same design, do I buy two just to make one set or would it be cheaper to get replica brackets made up. Or has anyone got any idea's where I could find some of the brackets on their own?

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes