JamesHambleton 87' VFR750 Liz Discussion - Page 6 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > JamesHambleton 87' VFR750 Liz Discussion

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-13-2018, 10:01 PM   #51
ROBBO
MAJOR FOOKIN' CATASTROPHY
ROBBO's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:44 PM
Flip Offs: 643
Flipped Off 1,366 Times in 753 Posts
ROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month Default Medal Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 
Default Re: JamesHambleton 87' VFR750 Liz Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesHambleton View Post
Broken my wrist in 2 places, bike was my little cb500. Stator cover cracked through, front mudguard bent, snapped the inside of the clocks, front headlight bent, mirror and clutch lever point cracked and sheared, bent gear lever, topbox took the brunt of the hit which once again has saved a lot more damage.

They're hoping my wrist is good for wednesday 13th for removing my pot as I'm doing 2 weeks touring in the alps on said bike starting on the 16th

Sux James,sorry to hear this mate.Probably al fixed now tho

...ALL FOR ONE AND ONE FOR ALL...
ROBBO' 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoker View Post

Fucking reaper better fear me.
ROBBO is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived ROBBO!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-15-2018, 02:06 AM   #52
JamesHambleton
Wanna be racer

CF Addict
JamesHambleton's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:44 PM
Flip Offs: 13
Flipped Off 23 Times in 20 Posts
JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Default Re: JamesHambleton 87' VFR750 Liz

Well I'm back!!!... at home for a few days at least.
Did 3 countries yesterday, it rained when I entered Scotland and also when I left Scotland, I'm sure Yan is trying to keep me out of his country

Fully adjustable clipon bars came

JamesHambleton is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived JamesHambleton!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-15-2018, 02:35 AM   #53
yantosh
yantosh's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 14
Flipped Off 18 Times in 16 Posts
yantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

our heatwave is a pleasent memory
yantosh is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived yantosh!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-15-2018, 06:45 AM   #54
JamesHambleton
Wanna be racer

CF Addict
JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Wist was fixed then I did about 11days around the alps and crashed my bike straight into the side of an alp.
Expect another update today in the main thread
JamesHambleton is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-15-2018, 06:45 AM   #55
JamesHambleton
Wanna be racer

CF Addict

Wist was fixed then I did about 11days around the alps and crashed my bike straight into the side of an alp.
Expect another update today in the main thread
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-15-2018, 08:44 AM   #56
JamesHambleton
Wanna be racer

CF Addict

A second update of the day, what is this madness!!!

My mum only started work at 11am and the machine shop opens at 8:30, don't need to explain that any further.

Got the front end out of my bedroom along with rear wheel.

Dug out the rear axle hub out the shed and the axle bolt.

Got the fully adjustable clip ons but the thing wouldn't nip the stem no matter how much I tightened so measuring time!

Well that clearance on a bit of billet that thick would explain a lot.

So bodge time... where's that plumbers tape

Mounted up the brake and clutch mastercylinders, excuse the hoses they're from the pond.

Figured the writing on this sign is pretty applicable for when I'm home, a spanner on the floor, a bike in the garden

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-16-2018, 05:28 AM   #57
Cookie2000ad
Persuasion Engineered
Cookie2000ad's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 166
Flipped Off 59 Times in 27 Posts
Cookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CK
Default Medal Burnout Contest Winner Fighter of the Month 

Waaaaht? You ok?

The clearance on these bars is pretty sloppy, you going to ask for your money back or anything? Alternatively, make some shims out of 0.5mm stainless sheet an you might be fine (I'm assuming the tape was just for temporary mounting, right?!?)

Like I did for my forks ages ago:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie2000ad View Post
Made the shims for my new forks to fit the lower clamps from 0.5mm brushed S.S.:

Cookie2000ad is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Cookie2000ad!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-16-2018, 06:11 AM   #58
JamesHambleton
Wanna be racer

CF Addict

Can't seem to find a way to embed videos but this is a video of it incline of the bit i hit was about 1:1 foookin steep. Note the way the bike almost rolls over on top of me before I kick it away.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfwb6JFuudQ

Also the tape... well it's good enough for now got another year yet before she'll be on the road I'd guess.. Need to figure out those lock stops as currently it's been the forks that hit the frame, though I'll definitely look into some of that thin metal sheet, as if I drop and/or crash I don't want the bars buggering the tank up.

Been reading Seb's rc24 build but no photos of the lock stops, I like smokers but way too fancy for me.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-16-2018, 06:17 AM   #59
Cookie2000ad
Persuasion Engineered
Cookie2000ad's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 166
Flipped Off 59 Times in 27 Posts
Cookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CK
Default Medal Burnout Contest Winner Fighter of the Month 

Ha, were you trying to pull into that lay-by and over shot, or did you just happen to ride off there?

With the tape, you really should get it clamping to a solid material, not tape! Not just under crash circumstance, you don't want them to budge under hard breaking or acceleration, a bump, a tank-slapper, etc, all or which could quickly lead to more off-roading!
Cookie2000ad is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Cookie2000ad!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-16-2018, 08:34 AM   #60
JamesHambleton
Wanna be racer

CF Addict

Was a little tired and was riding quicker than I should have been on a road I didn't know (first timer) had a slight lapse of concentration, while leaving the corner and ran maybe a foot too wide. I would have banked it over but I would have ended up in the edge of the layby and lowsiding on the gravel, then I targit fixated and couldn't snap out of it. Knocked my speed down from 50mph down to 15mph on the gravel then well.. I went over a small bit of a gully and went up the hill/alp as you saw.

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes