Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

370steve goes EFeeeeeeeeeeeee

17K views 192 replies 1 participant last post by  370steve 
#1 ·
will post start pics once i am home :oops:

#132 ·
just got my Profi cat chain alignment laser through the post, went straight out the back room for a play

front to rear sprockets are out by around 0.5mm, so my Mk1 eye ball wasnt that far out in the end.

wheel alignment was done with the aid of two carbon fishing pole sections and a bungy :) with wheel aligned,

chain adjustment marks on the swing arm are correctly aligned too, result.

#135 ·
I have just come across some billet bling, all the way from South Africa, guy brought them whilst he was out there racing, so he said he had brought some back, said he would sell me one!

they are billet cam cover oil feed blocks, i was going to make the feeds out of hose and Torques UK connectors, but this block just looks the biz and keeps everything nice and tidy above the carbs.

#137 ·
As i had to go over to Northallerton to get Avril a bottle*of single malt (Essential Necessity Food stuff)

I called in to AMEC Engineering, to collect my now very re worked head, jobs a bloody good un, extremely pleased with the result.

left the place with "It will go a lot better now" following me out the door** :love

#139 ·
sent head and cover off for coating yesterday, today was a nice slow day so have made a different mid engine mounting plate, other was ok using

the stock mounting points on the frame, but left itself open fro side flex, so it was out with the alloy plate and make a different one which would only use the rear oem mounting point,

the new plate will need a new rear screw insert for the frame.

old plate

new plate

#144 ·
today was upper front end test fit, fitted all the controls/switches/levers and hoses to make sure it would work like it had in my mind.

very happy with how it has gone together, looks very clean and un cluttered, only thing that might be a small niggle is the bar end indies!

due to the slope of the bars with the placement of the mirrors they might not be as open to the front as needed, might end up fitting some M-blaze buttons

somewhere on the front too. but until they are wired in it is all guess work on that score.

#145 ·
after receiving my Motogadget M-blaze Pins I had a play around with some mounting ideas in my head, as i have a spare bottom yoke

it helps with picturing what i can get away with on the best yoke.

mounted down a bit and in line with the center bar would be nice and tidy i am thinking.

will need yoke drilling and a channel for the wire cutting, also need to cut the threads down on the M-blaze, but doable

#148 ·
whilst down at Redsix yesterday I had a chat with Mick about fitment of the M-blaze to the yokes, after looking over the yokes and then looking at a headlamp he had

disassembled on the bench, i have changed plans, indicators will now be getting mounted directly into the sides of the lamp housing, loads of metal to drill and tap for fitment. still nice clean un cluttered finish.

#153 ·
work so far today has all been about test fitting the oil cooler and head cooler to gauge lock stop/cooler/wheel/exhaust clearances, Head cooler has been mounted directly to the main cooler mounting bracket (going to have Ducati rubber mounts)

cooler has lots of clearance from exhaust headers (using Yoshi Bandit headers) but dont see any problems as i am going to get Racefit to make me a system.

I like the idea of the two center header pipes staying inside the down tubes and then the outside two passing behind the frame down tubes and into the collector. will have to talk to Jon on the idea.

clearance of head cooler and yokes at full lock, (lock determined by fork to tank clearance)

#155 ·
found an as new radiator fan from a CBR/CB, fan fits in the space between the down tubes very nicely, blades are a little deep, but i am sure that

i will be able to cut them down without too much effort, but looks to be a working answer to the problem.

got oil cooler mounts to be modified to take some Ducati radiator rubber mounts this afternoon.

#156 ·
Thanks to the feed back (good, bad or other wise) i have gleaned the information that i needed for fitment of the oil cooler fan, it would appear that every day is indeed a "Skool Day"

I have ordered a Spal Axial Fan, VA39-A101-45A, 12v (Pull) 5.5" (140mm) with the bigger of the two Ampage motors,

will be fitting it with a remote switch, unless i can find a temp switch to work at a high temp of the oil cooled motor (110-120deg +)

I will need to remove a bracket from under the steering head bracing to give me the required clearance for the fan, and then get some mounting tabs welded on for it to fit to.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.