Anyone here follow Grass Roots magazine? - Page 4 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Streetfighter Buildoff > Past Streetfighter Buildoffs > 2009 Streetfighter Buildoff

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Anyone here follow Grass Roots magazine?

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-16-2009, 02:14 PM   #31
Colledge123
Bikeless
CF Addict
Colledge123's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 10:09 AM
Flip Offs: 11
Flipped Off 4 Times in 4 Posts
Colledge123 is a name known to allColledge123 is a name known to allColledge123 is a name known to allColledge123 is a name known to allColledge123 is a name known to allColledge123 is a name known to allColledge123 is a name known to allColledge123 is a name known to allColledge123 is a name known to allColledge123 is a name known to allColledge123 is a name known to all
Default Re: Anyone here follow Grass Roots magazine?

i'm a maybe.... only if its a late autumn-winter build or i'll enter next year
Colledge123 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-16-2009, 02:44 PM   #32
CK 187
CAPTAIN AWESOMEŽ

CK 187's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:09 AM
Flip Offs: 631
Flipped Off 470 Times in 171 Posts
CK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too much
Default Medal Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colledge123 View Post
i'm a maybe.... only if its a late autumn-winter build or i'll enter next year
You have till 2010 to build it
CK 187 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-16-2009, 03:50 PM   #33
Scrapyard
Build It Ride It Live It
Scrapyard's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:09 AM
Flip Offs: 6
Flipped Off 20 Times in 14 Posts
Scrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud of
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity Fighter of the Month 

So is this a start whenever kind of deal? Like, if I want to start working now I can?

Should we lable our build thread with 2010 build or something to that effect?

When is the end date? Are we going to run this consecutive with the magazine rules or are we just taking the idea and making our own end time?
Scrapyard is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-16-2009, 09:10 PM   #34
fslflint
fighter transplant in NC
fslflint's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 92
Flipped Off 225 Times in 69 Posts
fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

i would enter but i will have to refrain this time for a couple reasons. first, my build will include allot of freebies and parts i got for a song. if we go with market value for everything i'll probably be over by a bunch. second, the bike im building is gonna be ridable, but it will NOT be anything even close to street legal. lol. third, i highly doubt it will be done by 2010.

you guys have fun though.

Quote:
Gavin, I know you are in heaven. Please don't modify it too much!
RIP brother

Quote:
Hard pressed on my right. My center is yielding. Impossible to maneuver. Situation excellent. I am attacking.

--Ferdinand Foch-- at the Battle of the Marne
fslflint is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-17-2009, 12:47 AM   #35
Autobot
Ton up
Senior Fighterer
Autobot's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 4
Flipped Off 7 Times in 4 Posts
Autobot is well likedAutobot is well likedAutobot is well likedAutobot is well likedAutobot is well likedAutobot is well liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapyard View Post
So is this a start whenever kind of deal? Like, if I want to start working now I can?

Should we lable our build thread with 2010 build or something to that effect?

When is the end date? Are we going to run this consecutive with the magazine rules or are we just taking the idea and making our own end time?
Well, since I said bikes that were already bought can be put in as long as they can show the build meets the guidelines then feel free to start. Again, I want to keep this light and fun, no real strict rules as there are no real prizes.

I am thinking 1 year for the build which for some here, they could build a dozen or more of these bikes in that time, others like myself may struggle. LOL

So, end of June 2010 voting will start July 1st.

I think if this becomes a yearly build off though, in the future, we will have a start date of when you can buy the bike and go from there.

As far as parts you got get for a song.
Think about how you got it for a song.
If you luck out and got it cheap off ebay or some scrap yard or something that somebody was clearing out a garage and the deal was open to the public then that is fine.

If you get it free and that was a deal open to the public (such as the freebee section here) then that is fine.

If you have some sponsorship deal or traded labor or something else for the part then no, assess a fair value to it.

I know guys at Ohlins and as the shop is 5 miles from my house could possibly beg them for shit. However that is not fair as 99.9% of the people here never could.

The whole purpose is to build a bike that the average person here could build for the same amount of money.

BTW, I am starting to lean a little more to a cafe racer myself as I already have a fighter and have been wanting a cafe bike for a while. Plus, they are a little cheaper to start with.

I will also probably wait til cold weather rolls around to get a better deal.

My D6 Fighter at http://www.dropshots.com/D6fighter
Autobot is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-17-2009, 12:58 AM   #36
Scrapyard
Build It Ride It Live It
Scrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud of

Right on. Well, I'll start a new thread for my bike and add up the prices and parts I've got thus far and go from there. Most likley I'm going to go over budget but just for the hell of it, I need something to keep me motivated .
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-17-2009, 02:30 AM   #37
Autobot
Ton up
Senior Fighterer
Autobot's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 4
Flipped Off 7 Times in 4 Posts
Autobot is well likedAutobot is well likedAutobot is well likedAutobot is well likedAutobot is well likedAutobot is well liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapyard View Post
Right on. Well, I'll start a new thread for my bike and add up the prices and parts I've got thus far and go from there. Most likley I'm going to go over budget but just for the hell of it, I need something to keep me motivated .
Maybe we can get the admins to start a "$2010 Budget Build Off" forum.

My D6 Fighter at http://www.dropshots.com/D6fighter
Autobot is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-17-2009, 03:55 AM   #38
Scrapyard
Build It Ride It Live It

I'll talk to ab, see what he thinks.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-17-2009, 04:18 AM   #39
xci.ed6
The Honda Guy
Fighterer
Local Time: 04:09 AM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
xci.ed6 is a glorious beacon of lightxci.ed6 is a glorious beacon of lightxci.ed6 is a glorious beacon of lightxci.ed6 is a glorious beacon of lightxci.ed6 is a glorious beacon of lightxci.ed6 is a glorious beacon of lightxci.ed6 is a glorious beacon of lightxci.ed6 is a glorious beacon of lightxci.ed6 is a glorious beacon of light

I'm in for this, I started a build last week. It's probably valid for a most unusual award at least.

Inherited from my gramps, '81 GL1100 Goldwing. Fairings and sissy bars aren't for me, but he knew what I wanted to make it into when he sold it to me for $200. Carbs were bad, disintegrated accelerator pump diaphragms, also needs a battery, tires, and has a cracked front cover on the engine. Basically sitting in the corner of a woodshop since I was 10 or 12. Not sure on fair market value though, so that's up to the judges.
xci.ed6 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-17-2009, 04:28 AM   #40
Scrapyard
Build It Ride It Live It

Well, if you bought it for $200, then that's what you bought it for. Cool project though.

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Streetfighter Buildoff > Past Streetfighter Buildoffs > 2009 Streetfighter Buildoff