Frankie Honda. Street neo cafe fighter - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Frankie Honda. Street neo cafe fighter

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-13-2019, 04:22 PM   #1
luxuser
NoObie
Noobie
Local Time: 06:53 AM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
luxuser is a NOOB
Default Frankie Honda. Street neo cafe fighter

Hi guys. Im starting with a new project. I called it "Frankie".

Mostly it will be Honda. The frame comes from CB-1 Honda 89-90.

I fitted the Aprilia SXV 450/550 swingarm with rear wheel spindle. Fits perfectly (frame and swingarm are 215mm wide) but it need to make some new bushings (different axles diameters).

On this moment Frankie looking for a supermoto wheelz. Rear 5.5x17" and 3.5x17" front. Gold hubs and Black rims and spokes. My rear gold Talon hub comes from Husq 450rr.

In the next step I'll try to find and mount front end. Looking for CBR900rr forks, I like their massive look.

Wysłane z mojego moto g(6) plus przy użyciu Tapatalka
luxuser is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived luxuser!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-13-2019, 04:24 PM   #2
luxuser
NoObie
Noobie
luxuser is a NOOB
Default Frankie Honda. Street neo cafe fighter

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url...9&share_type=t

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-13-2019, 04:33 PM   #3
a_morti
GURU

CF Addict
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 24
Flipped Off 24 Times in 14 Posts
a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Default Re: Frankie Honda. Street neo cafe fighter

Czsecsz! Or something like that.

I love the cb-1, here is my last one which I recently moved on to a good home.
https://www.therevcounter.co.uk/thre...-s-Second-CB-1

If you have any questions on what fits, I may know. Particularly if you're looking at RWU Fireblade forks, guess I can save you some time.

Aaron, living in Gibraltar and riding a 2014 MSX125 (Grom) with a bunch of shiny shite on it. Slow n loud!
a_morti is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived a_morti!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-13-2019, 04:44 PM   #4
luxuser
NoObie
Noobie
luxuser is a NOOB

Man... Great timing

It'll be very helpfully.

But I've a few questions.

1. Brake rotors are 310mm or 296(298)?
2. What year are these forks?
3. Its stock 900rr rim or cbr600 f3?

Oh if You mean Polish "hi", then You should write "Cześć" hi5.

Actually i bought 900rr 98-99 triple clamps.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-13-2019, 04:47 PM   #5
luxuser
NoObie
Noobie
luxuser is a NOOB

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url...9&share_type=t

Discussion thread.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-13-2019, 05:02 PM   #6
Streetfighterkz
Capt Oblivious
CF Pimp
Streetfighterkz's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 11:53 PM
Flipped Off 11 Times in 7 Posts
Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Im merging this thread and the discussion threads then moving them to the general projects section as the contest is over.

Later, Doug

74 Kawasaki H1-500
76 Kawasaki Kz900 Stripfighter
77 Kawasaki Kz1000
78 Kawasaki Kz1000
83 Kawasaki Gpz750 (Turbo Converted)
Streetfighterkz is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-13-2019, 06:59 PM   #7
a_morti
GURU

CF Addict
a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

98-99 triples are good because the lower is aluminium. The legs are 10mm wider apart than earlier types which may help you out with disc/caliper clearance when using laced wheels. If you're using 98-99 triples, means you need the same year spindle as it's 10mm longer than earlier models. However they're bad because the fork is 5mm nearer to the frame than stock, which I heard can give screwy handling. Idk how that plays out as I haven't tried it myself.

92-97 lower triple is steel which is bad, but the offset is correct for the cb-1. Also the the steering stops work 100%, and you only need to grind some metal off the top triple so the ignition lines up and even the steering lock works. But I wanted to use original speedometer, so had a CNC top yoke made.

I used 96-97 forks. They take 296mm discs which are fitted on an f3 wheel (actually nc29 but same). 96-97 has more adjustment than earlier types, but didn't go to 310mm discs which are harder to find. Depending on how you're doing it with laced wheels (one or two discs?), maybe an OEM cb-1 310mm disc can work for you with 98-99 forks.

Aaron, living in Gibraltar and riding a 2014 MSX125 (Grom) with a bunch of shiny shite on it. Slow n loud!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-14-2019, 10:34 AM   #8
Junkie
re-tarded
CF Addict
Junkie's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:53 PM
Flip Offs: 3
Junkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to all
Fighter of the Month 

with spoked wheels, I'm assuming (yeah...) you'll be using a hub from a dirtbike or SM. 320 will be the easiest size rotor to find in that case, and it'll only have a mounting provision for a single rotor. yes, there are exceptions (the big KTMs for example), but the overwhelming majority only have a single rotor.

given the power output of the CB1, if you put a good rotor (with plenty of meat and full floating, not the really skinny Warp9 I sometimes see), good caliper, good master the right size for said caliper, and good pads, it'll be plenty for spirited riding. Probably enough for trackdays even. Modern SMs make more than the ~50hp to the tire I'm seeing on a dyno sheet via google. Of course, in some cases there are clearance problems between the spokes and the caliper, so I'd advise doing some research before spending a bunch of money on a caliper - look at what the SM guys use, clearance is a big part of why. But maybe your forks are far enough apart that you can put a spacer between the wheel and rotor and not need to worry about that.

A steering damper dampens steering oscillations. If it starts to leak, it may become a steering dampener. There's no such thing as a dampner.

Bikes: naked SV1000 with all the possible bling, WR450SM street legal, 450XCF SM trackbike
Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Junkie!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-14-2019, 11:45 AM   #9
a_morti
GURU

CF Addict

Agree with all that ^

My tip assuming budget build is a single OEM CB-1 rotor because it's floating, thicker than most dual setup discs, and at 310mm it matches the 98-99 CBR900 forks which match his triples. Plus he might have one lying about. Would go together with a single Gold Nissin caliper from a 929/954 which works great with a 1/2" master cylinder from an f2 or f3, or from a 599 hornet if you want to use a mirror. Brembo master cylinders such as from a KTM also good, but don't always clear Honda switches.

I've had one CB-1 with twin gold nissin calipers on 296mm discs and it was over braked.

I've had one with a single Brembo goldline (basically same as that nissin) on stock CB-1 310mm disc and it worked great.

This user High Fived a_morti!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-14-2019, 12:49 PM   #10
Junkie
re-tarded
CF Addict
Junkie's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:53 PM
Flip Offs: 3
Junkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to all
Fighter of the Month 

I was just assuming that it'd be easier to deal with spacing a rotor out than it would be to make an adapter to mount a rotor to a different hub. I'd worry about having enough thread engagement with a rotor adapter unless it was awfully thick.

An EBC rotor for a Yamaha WR450 supermoto is $220ish on eBay, or a China rotor that looks decent is $120. Not saying that's the way to go, just an example. I imagine you can get rotors for other brands for similar prices.

A steering damper dampens steering oscillations. If it starts to leak, it may become a steering dampener. There's no such thing as a dampner.

Bikes: naked SV1000 with all the possible bling, WR450SM street legal, 450XCF SM trackbike
Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes