Sooo....I maybe snagged a 71 P1800E for 12hundo off my buddy... - Page 3 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Off Topic > Open Discussion > Cage-Fighters

Cage-Fighters Got a 4-wheel fiend as well? Let's see them cars and trucks!

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Sooo....I maybe snagged a 71 P1800E for 12hundo off my buddy...

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-11-2020, 11:56 PM   #21
hooligan998
Fighter
hooligan998's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 11:47 AM
Flip Offs: 2
Flipped Off 2 Times in 2 Posts
hooligan998 is a name known to allhooligan998 is a name known to allhooligan998 is a name known to allhooligan998 is a name known to allhooligan998 is a name known to allhooligan998 is a name known to allhooligan998 is a name known to allhooligan998 is a name known to allhooligan998 is a name known to allhooligan998 is a name known to allhooligan998 is a name known to all
Default Re: Sooo....I maybe snagged a 71 P1800E for 12hundo off my buddy...

Love the lines on that body. Sweet car.
hooligan998 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived hooligan998!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-14-2020, 10:25 AM   #22
Danbuc
"Fuck yo couch" -Socrates
CF Addict
Danbuc's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 10
Flipped Off 15 Times in 13 Posts
Danbuc is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Danbuc is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Danbuc is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Danbuc is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Danbuc is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Danbuc is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Danbuc is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Danbuc is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Danbuc is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Danbuc is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Danbuc is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Thanks dude, hopefully I hear from the shop in a week or two when they can get my shell in the shop to start ripping into it.

Damn I can't wait to spend way too much fucking money...hoorray lol

Ride'em like ya stole'em
Danbuc is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-15-2020, 11:52 AM   #23
RatFighter
UnicycleMode

RatFighter's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 10:47 AM
Flip Offs: 190
Flipped Off 111 Times in 48 Posts
RatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 

Last week I helped my neighbor drop his engine/transmission into his P1800. He was way, way more worried about it than I was, I had to keep reassuring him that for me, "It's just another day at the office". Getting it in with the transmission attached required being nearly vertical, but once it was in and got back to level, it didn't take much to toss a jack under the back of it all and get the engine mounts lined up proper.

When he pulled up a few days ago and asked if I wanted to go for a spin around the block, I just couldn't say no. The P1800 is akin to aircraft in the way it feels like you don't just sit in it, you wear it, the thing wraps around even my 6'2" frame and feels right. The sound of the twin SU carbs and lack of a muffler, with no interior sound deadening, made it even more visceral. Such a cool, unknown little sports coupe.

I keep telling him he needs to build a wheelie prone gasser out of the rotted shell he has in the side yard.

You're P1800 is looking fantastic though! I'm going to have to show the neighbor the progress on it as he's pretty much the only person I've ever met that even knows what these cool little Swedish cars even are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zweihammer View Post
Looking at this Large Hadron Collider of a vehicle, I am starting to think the little bastard may have been on to something...
RatFighter is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived RatFighter!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-16-2020, 04:54 PM   #24
Danbuc
CF Addict
Danbuc is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Danbuc is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Danbuc is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Danbuc is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Danbuc is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Danbuc is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Danbuc is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Danbuc is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Danbuc is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Danbuc is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Danbuc is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

That sounds awesome dude, so glad to hear another one getting back on the road. My spare shell will be going to another volvo guy I know up in Rochester NY who want to build a Baja style car with what's left.

I'm going to drop the motor in as just the assembled short block and bell housing most likely. Then assemble the head once it's in. That is unless I can get the front end rebuilt in a timely manner and my buddy has his lift free in which case the complete drive train will be mounted to the subrame and then the body dropped down over it.

This is probably the best option so it can all be assembled and installed in one shot. More difficult but overall the best option. Especially if I don't want to fuck with taking the hood off the damn thing right after it's back from body and paint work haha.

Ride'em like ya stole'em
This user High Fived Danbuc!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-30-2020, 11:15 AM   #25
Danbuc
CF Addict

Well took a stroll up to the shop now that they've got my car on deck for work. Overall pretty happy about the condition. Floors are all basically Mint as are the inner sills. Already ordered up new rear quarters, back panel, r/f fender and some other bits.

I gotta cut the whole nose off the green donor shell to steal the rad support and inner fender well sections up front that were butchered on my car lol. Luckily the doors are both mint like brand new without a single flaw, lucky break!

But now pics!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	137024.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	100.0 KB
ID:	108654   Click image for larger version

Name:	137020.jpeg
Views:	2
Size:	104.1 KB
ID:	108660  
Attached Images

Ride'em like ya stole'em
These people High Fived Danbuc!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-30-2020, 11:17 AM   #26
MikeGyver
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
MikeGyver's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:47 AM
Flip Offs: 311
Flipped Off 173 Times in 149 Posts
MikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too much
Default Medal Fighter of the Month 

Are you planning on keeping it or selling it when done?

'98 Ducati 916
'00 Ducati 996
'03 SV650(sold)

Skully Stickers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danbuc View Post
yell, "Built not bought mother fucker!" in there face and then spit on their bike and walk off.
MikeGyver is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-01-2020, 07:22 PM   #27
Danbuc
CF Addict

Keeping it...probably gonna be 20K into this fucking car when I'm done. Better believe I'm gonna put a few thousand miles on it lol.

Actually just sold my 748R to a buddy of mine. Lost interest in it after I tossed it into the weeds and broke my shit last may. Basically sat in the basement for a year but 8k in my pocket for the volvo is a bonus.

Planning on some long road trips once it's done. Want to take it down to my mom's in Georgia and see my buddy in Charleston. Planning to do some vintage car rallies in to too if I have time.

Ride'em like ya stole'em
These people High Fived Danbuc!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Off Topic > Open Discussion > Cage-Fighters