Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

Stealth Bandit project

63K views 278 replies 44 participants last post by  TURNIP 
#1 ·
Putting a current state of a build as the fist images

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/78/ca/10/78ca102631f0a3d10c0b57734e8d5469.jpg

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/e3/38/97/e3389727241e162180414d547a6be0ec.jpg
Bought a 1997 Suzuki Bandit aprox. a month ago and Im not very patient to wait starting a project that is already finished to the very last detail in my head.
Before that I went through thousands of projects to get the best lines into my bike and thats what it looks now.

This is the very first image of my bike. My friend is doing test drive

First thing I did was I removed the windshield

Painted exhaust and motor

Removed SUZUKI logo that was paited into my tank

Removed the seat

And cut the tail - frame and body panels color is structured matt black

Installed a ProTapper Universal low bar and Yamaha mirrors

Trying to update as I go

See less See more
#4 ·
Looking good. I hope you have better luck with that speedo than I did. There was no adjustments for.tach signal or wheel diameter so I couldn't get it dialed in when I hooked it up but hopefully it will work out for you

#9 ·
I just checked the item description. If its not as described Im sending it back but so far looks good.

It can be applied to different vehicles with different diameter.

It can be applied to different displacement vehicles.

Adjustable wheel perimeter.

Motorcycle Motorcycle For 1,2,4 Cylinders

#5 ·
^^ That a shame to hear, it's a good looking clock, i'm a fan of digital speed, analogue tach. Let us know how you get on stealth.

#8 ·
Actually I havent bought anything yet but Im considering that one

Its a High beam H7 FF 75 that costs 33€ here

On the wave there is only one "eye" lighted at the time. This one lights up everything
As its pointed down and the light area is reduced I think that its not going to be too bright and there is an actual chance that I see something in the dark.

#11 ·
seat unit suits the bike man! gonna look good once its all together with a new subframe. seat unit also fits in well with the lines of the tank and headlight

#13 ·
The seat position is changing because this one is comfortable only for horses :)
Im 184cm tall and with this seat height Im not reaching ground with full foot.
The problem is that the seat is quite wide and that requires it to be lower to have a better both feet down position

New seat angle is more closer to that one - seat is lower and the tip is pointed up
Both feet are touching ground flat
Looks more sparky

#16 ·
After comparing few seat angles in Photoshop I descided to go a bit down. (about 1 inch)
Taking into consideration that the rear end will propably rise a bit with longer dogbones

So this is the final look.
I hope to get bent subframe tubes today to fisnish it during weekend
Picture is taken today as it is.

#21 ·
So the airbox and the battery melted into one somehow :)
I made the new air intake so that the intake area is aprox the same as in the stock.
Actually it gets more air at the moment because the rubber tube - that is in the original intake - was touching the filter inside and the active area was something like 20% of the filter area.
Now the filter is working with full surface.

Pics

Ordered a tail light
Should go nicely with the seat shape

#22 ·
Welllllll

No. I started it up and...the idle is not stable, it pops and wants to die out. When I rev it up it puffs out a small black cloud etc.

I need to take it to some shop to get it tuned - or it here a way to do it at home so that the setup is safe and doesnt kill my motor?

Exhaust is shorter and more flowing and it gets more air than before.
should i tune the pilot screws myself? - and where to find them :)

#23 ·
It could be any number of things causing the poor running, for example, the black smoke implies you might be burning oil. It could be that it is getting past the rings or the valve seals. That could be the cause in itself. First thing to do would be to run it as best you can for a bit then take the plugs out and see what they look like.

Remember which plug was which cylinder. Take some pics for us too.

#26 ·
Holly shit...it might just be bent so that its closed
Because I messed with the exhaust and it was dangling on the way so I pushed it up somewhere to have more access to the exhaust can.
Im going to check it out in an hour.
Many thanx - its the most probable cause!

#27 ·
Its alive :)
Thanx

I cleaned the tube...there was a lot of crap inside and as I was going over spark wires one of them klicked itself into place.
One of these things did the trick. Its like 50/50

But now its running so I can start with the subframe during weekend. Im trying to finish it. Got the bent tubes that were missing and also got the all in one speedo today.

Keeps me busy another month or so :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.