3D printers - Page 8 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > General Streetfighter Discussion

General Streetfighter Discussion Discussions about streetfighter riding.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > 3D printers

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-28-2020, 10:46 PM   #71
titan
hooligan quads

CF Addict
titan's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:16 PM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 14 Times in 2 Posts
titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: 3D printers

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeGyver View Post
Next one? Already!?
Probably not right now but yeh I can see the utility in more than one.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

ride it like you stole it

Customization not Restoration

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.
H Designs

2020 build off - build - chat
titan is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-28-2020, 10:48 PM   #72
titan
hooligan quads

CF Addict
titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEBSPEED View Post
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Give him a 3d printer... eh nevermind
He will fill his house with corn based plastic in the shape of things he didn't even know he needed??

Quote:
I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.
H Designs

These people High Fived titan!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-01-2020, 11:02 PM   #73
SEBSPEED
V4's FTW
SEBSPEED's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:16 PM
Flip Offs: 53
Flipped Off 57 Times in 47 Posts
SEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

He will print many fishes?

Find me on Facebook at Sebspeed Customs

Float like a Goldwing, sting like a gixxer

2015 FOTY VFR750

2016 threads
Turbo 7/11

750 Slingshot
Discussion thread

2017 thread
VFR800 Build
SEBSPEED is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived SEBSPEED!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-04-2020, 03:17 PM   #74
XxGRYMMxX
Breaking shit...
CF Pimp
XxGRYMMxX's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 8
Flipped Off 13 Times in 10 Posts
XxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on here

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcantar View Post

For the record, my fighter'd 5 has a custom board running my own custom firmware in an electronics enclosure I made, with a top-of-the-line metal hotend and upgraded fans and everything else, which makes it capable of running almost 2x faster than standard and nearly dead silent (these things are loud), AND I have all the materials ready to upgrade it to increase the build plate size by ~30% while streamlining the positioning of everything.... and I'm still into this thing for less than half of what that Prusa costs.

What questions have ya got?
ok. Ive got my eye on an ender 5 plus. https://www.creality3d.shop/collecti...SABEgLu-_D_BwE
or
https://www.3dprintersonlinestore.co...yABEgILmvD_BwE

its got the bigger bed, upgraded extruder and auto leveling. but its over 570 from creality direct and around 550-ish elsewhere. with your experience and considering the upgrades youve done to yours, do you think the 300x300x450 work area and other upgrades are worth the extra price over modding a 5 pro?

EDIT: creality is running a sale and a discount that bring the price down to 559 if that makes any difference.

Quote:
They can ban, outlaw, and restrict whatever they please. I'll keep doing whatever the fuck I'm doing, because I don't really give a shit. The only thing that will change is that I'll be breaking their made up bullshit rules while doing it, and I'm comfortable with that.

My Build http://www.customfighters.com/forums...d.php?t=118649
XxGRYMMxX is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-05-2020, 08:04 AM   #75
titan
hooligan quads

CF Addict
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxGRYMMxX View Post
ok. Ive got my eye on an ender 5 plus. https://www.creality3d.shop/collecti...SABEgLu-_D_BwE
or
https://www.3dprintersonlinestore.co...yABEgILmvD_BwE

its got the bigger bed, upgraded extruder and auto leveling. but its over 570 from creality direct and around 550-ish elsewhere. with your experience and considering the upgrades youve done to yours, do you think the 300x300x450 work area and other upgrades are worth the extra price over modding a 5 pro?

EDIT: creality is running a sale and a discount that bring the price down to 559 if that makes any difference.
Think the biggest thing to get your head around is they are all the same save a few bits, so all use the same hotend, all the drives/motors are the same the boards are all the same. Do with that in mind and the fact that you already have the ability to build shit. You can pretty much mod these things to what ever you want. Check out creality XL (I think) on FB they are making printer that are huge out of 3 and 3 plus etc

And not forgetting this guy

https://youtu.be/albFKmWW4nA

Quote:
H Designs

This user High Fived titan!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-05-2020, 05:30 PM   #76
XxGRYMMxX
Breaking shit...
CF Pimp
XxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on here

well... bit the bullet and have an ender 5 pro coming. little smaller than the plus but ill upgrade the chassis later.

Quote:
They can ban, outlaw, and restrict whatever they please. I'll keep doing whatever the fuck I'm doing, because I don't really give a shit. The only thing that will change is that I'll be breaking their made up bullshit rules while doing it, and I'm comfortable with that.

These people High Fived XxGRYMMxX!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-05-2020, 10:32 PM   #77
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPEHAK View Post
New to this thread and just read through it all. Curious after reading about the modifications and upgrades done to the printer that Mcantar and Titan have been talking about...does the Prusa need the same things done to it?

This is something I've had my eye on for a while ( not the Prusa specifically) and I'm just curious if the additional expense maybe does buy you something after all.
shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-06-2020, 08:05 AM   #78
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

One thing on my mind is old bikes with rotten cam chain adjuster shoes. Sometimes they are very expressive or NLA. A brand new NOS 40yr adjuster is still old ass plastic. Is there plastic available to make these shoes, and how would a dummy like me go about doing it? Would you need to scan it in, or is there a way to measure manually and import the data.
shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived shinyribs!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-06-2020, 10:22 AM   #79
XxGRYMMxX
Breaking shit...
CF Pimp

what are the sliders made of? the ender will run PLA, ABS, PETG and TPU (still reading up on the differences between the medias). saw some stuff about how you can do other filament types with upgraded hot ends and all metal extruders but Im still reading up on all that.

Quote:

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-06-2020, 10:33 AM   #80
titan
hooligan quads

CF Addict
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinyribs View Post
New to this thread and just read through it all. Curious after reading about the modifications and upgrades done to the printer that Mcantar and Titan have been talking about...does the Prusa need the same things done to it?

This is something I've had my eye on for a while ( not the Prusa specifically) and I'm just curious if the additional expense maybe does buy you something after all.
First question, the mods made are more out of preference than need. You know like the stock exhaust works but it's not as good as.... So from that respect I think they all can benefit from mods. The Ender's have it on out the box reader I think and overal price I paid 200 for mine

With a few minor upgrades you can print ABS, ASA, PETG and a few other of the more robust plastic. I suppose the way to look at it once you have the file and a printer if they only last a year you will never run out

Quote:
H Designs

This user High Fived titan!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > General Streetfighter Discussion