The Man Cave thread - post your garage pics! - Page 95 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Streetfighter Tools

Streetfighter Tools Discussion about the tools you use to build and modify your streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > The Man Cave thread - post your garage pics!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-28-2019, 10:36 AM   #941
Junkie
re-tarded
CF Addict
Junkie's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:13 AM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Junkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to behold
Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: The Man Cave thread - post your garage pics!

realized I never posted a pic of the mill

not in the cave there but oh well

I wish I had space for a Bridgeport but even this is pushing it (this is also WAY easier to move without serious equipment - I got it in place with the help of a friend and the cherry picker that's in the bed of my truck there)

A steering damper dampens steering oscillations. If it starts to leak, it may become a steering dampener. There's no such thing as a dampner.

Bikes: naked SV1000 with all the possible bling, FE570, FS570, 450XCF SM trackbike
Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Junkie!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-28-2019, 11:48 AM   #942
Streetfighterkz
Capt Oblivious
CF Pimp
Streetfighterkz's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:13 AM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 11 Times in 7 Posts
Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Nice mill Junkie. 6x26? I have an older style of a similar mill. Nice compromise from a smaller column mill and full size knee mill.

Later, Doug

74 Kawasaki H1-500 Project
76 Kawasaki Kz900 'Strip-fighter Project
77 Kawasaki Kz1000
78 Kawasaki Kz1000 Project
'80 Cx500 Cafe/Brat Project
83 Kawasaki Gpz750 (Turbo Converted) Project
Streetfighterkz is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-28-2019, 01:25 PM   #943
Junkie
re-tarded
CF Addict
Junkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to behold
Fighter of the Month 

The table depth is more like 8" IIRC but 26" sounds about right.

not remembering why I had the table so far over there but it's the best shot I have showing the size

and then another tool I picked up a few months ago

(seller's pic) Coats 200. I don't use it enough to really justify having it, in a typical year 2 rears/1 front on the SV (Road5 right now), one set on the racebike YZ426SM, one-ish set on the WR450SM, and hopefully a couple sets on the nancy bike this year. then again, at $200 with the nomar bar and everything it would've been really hard to say no.

A steering damper dampens steering oscillations. If it starts to leak, it may become a steering dampener. There's no such thing as a dampner.

Bikes: naked SV1000 with all the possible bling, FE570, FS570, 450XCF SM trackbike
These people High Fived Junkie!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-28-2019, 06:49 PM   #944
SEBSPEED
V4's FTW
SEBSPEED's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:13 AM
Flip Offs: 53
Flipped Off 57 Times in 47 Posts
SEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

WD40 and a scotch brite pad will have that table looking nice again in no time

Find me on Facebook at Sebspeed Customs

Float like a Goldwing, sting like a gixxer

2015 FOTY VFR750

2016 threads
Turbo 7/11

750 Slingshot
Discussion thread

2017 thread
VFR800 Build
SEBSPEED is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived SEBSPEED!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-28-2019, 11:58 PM   #945
Junkie
re-tarded
CF Addict
Fighter of the Month 

It now looks a lot better than it does in those pics - they aren't particularly new, just what I had online.

I've taken it reasonably far apart - pulled off the table, the saddle, cleaned everything up, tightened it up, put it back together. Currently have a Kurt D60 on it that I found cheap, have a D50 that I need to get some jaws for that's a little more appropriate, also a D40 that's a little on the small side for this.

This user High Fived Junkie!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-29-2019, 02:03 AM   #946
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkie View Post
realized I never posted a pic of the mill

not in the cave there but oh well

I wish I had space for a Bridgeport but even this is pushing it (this is also WAY easier to move without serious equipment - I got it in place with the help of a friend and the cherry picker that's in the bed of my truck there)
Perfect sized mill. That's what I'd want to have myself. Nice C20 you got there, too!
shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-29-2019, 10:08 AM   #947
Junkie
re-tarded
CF Addict
Fighter of the Month 

Thanks. Just curious, is there a way you can tell it's a C20 rather than a C30? It is, more accurately an 8200GVWR C20 Camper Special, same GVWR as the most common C30, I just don't think there's anything that gives it away there. It now has a 3.73 G80 (locker) rear end and rear discs. 350/350 and they're nothing special.

I still need to work out a power feed and DRO on the mill. Don't think I'll ever work out a quill power feed for boring but it shouldn't be too hard to adapt an X axis power feed.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-29-2019, 10:49 AM   #948
SEBSPEED
V4's FTW
SEBSPEED's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 53
Flipped Off 57 Times in 47 Posts
SEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
I still need to work out a power feed and DRO on the mill. Don't think I'll ever work out a quill power feed for boring but it shouldn't be too hard to adapt an X axis power feed.
I have a brand new set of Shars X & Y axis scales that I bought for my little mill, didn't install them before getting the Bridgeport. Make you a nice deal if they'll work for you. I've had them too long & need to get rid of them.

Edited to add link: https://www.customfighters.com/forum...d.php?t=136282

Find me on Facebook at Sebspeed Customs

Float like a Goldwing, sting like a gixxer

2015 FOTY VFR750

2016 threads
Turbo 7/11

750 Slingshot
Discussion thread

2017 thread
VFR800 Build
SEBSPEED is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived SEBSPEED!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-29-2019, 11:16 AM   #949
Junkie
re-tarded
CF Addict
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEBSPEED View Post
I have a brand new set of Shars X & Y axis scales that I bought for my little mill, didn't install them before getting the Bridgeport. Make you a nice deal if they'll work for you. I've had them too long & need to get rid of them.

Edited to add link: https://www.customfighters.com/forum...d.php?t=136282
I'll have to measure the travel I have and get back to you

This user High Fived Junkie!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-29-2019, 11:53 PM   #950
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Thanks. Just curious, is there a way you can tell it's a C20 rather than a C30? It is, more accurately an 8200GVWR C20 Camper Special, same GVWR as the most common C30, I just don't think there's anything that gives it away there. It now has a 3.73 G80 (locker) rear end and rear discs. 350/350 and they're nothing special.

I see the hub for the full floating axle, so I know it's the heavy duty 20 or 30 series rear end. There's no bud wheels up front, so it can't be a ton. That tells me it's a 20. It's also 2wd, so it's a C vs a 4wd K.
shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Streetfighter Tools