Anyone tried one of these? - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Technical Section > Making Power

Making Power Anything to do with fabricating and modifying engines, carbs, ignition, etc. goes in here.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Anyone tried one of these?

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-10-2019, 09:18 PM   #1
OneLeggedDave
NoObie
Noobie
Local Time: 06:08 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
OneLeggedDave is a NOOB
Default Anyone tried one of these?

I understand that this is only the gauge itself. I have an o2 sensor already, the sensor is a 4 wire sensor that was in a v8 bike (ls1 smallblock) which had a holley efi kit on it. I remember that bike had a digital dash that was supported by the ecm which had all kinds of info on it, the most important to me being that it had an afr readout that was a wideband readout. We changed headers on it and when we did the customer (who had more dollars than sense tbh) had us install new o2 sensors. He didn't want the old ones so i kept one and gave one to a fellow gearhead. Since the bike had a wideband readout i am assuming that the sensors must be wideband sensors, does this seem correct to everyone here? If that is the case I should be able to use the sensor i have with that gauge, right? I have no problem saving up to get a nice afr gauge kit that has the sensor, gauge, and all in it if this didn't work but figure if I already have a sensor and this gauge is fifteen bucks shipped it might be worth a shot as it's not a ton of money risked. Need second opinions and there's a lot of bright minds here, please lemme know what you think. And sorry about the long post 😇
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2019-06-10-20-51-49_1560215877903.png
Views:	12
Size:	625.6 KB
ID:	105342  
OneLeggedDave is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-10-2019, 09:34 PM   #2
OneLeggedDave
NoObie
Noobie
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
OneLeggedDave is a NOOB

I am building up the collection of parts for a turbo system, intercooled running 6-8 pounds of boost on the stock pistons while i save up for a forged set. I would like to install a free-er flowing end can and get the carbs dialed in dead-nuts while I am still running naturally aspirated this way I could make sure the gauge is accurate before boost comes into the equation. I'm torn....... HELP!!! 😂😂
OneLeggedDave is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-11-2019, 12:11 AM   #3
mcantar
Fuck it, let's do it live

CF Pimp
mcantar's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:08 PM
Flip Offs: 44
Flipped Off 21 Times in 20 Posts
mcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympus
Default Re: Anyone tried one of these?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLeggedDave View Post
this gauge is fifteen bucks shipped it might be worth a shot as it's not a ton of money risked.
This.

Try it and see, then reassess.

Hypermotard 1100S the weight-shavening.
Bandit 1200 cafe/fighter that will never get finished at this rate.
Turbo Busa v2 2017 Buildoff.
Turbo Busa V1.2 2016 Buildoff.
Turbo Busa v1.1
919 Hornet build'n'flip, lotsa electrical diagnostic info in there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poopie View Post
Everything should be turbo'd, and what the fuck is a budget?
mcantar is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived mcantar!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-11-2019, 02:25 PM   #4
rabies
time is running out......

Senior Fighterer
rabies's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 1,393
Flipped Off 39 Times in 35 Posts
rabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Anyone tried one of these?

iv used them. they work fine. just don't use a cheap wideband o2.
make sure its accurate though if your doing turbo.... going lean is fun but can be expensive. kaboom lol
rabies is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Technical Section > Making Power