Ahks' "Not a Speed Triple" - Page 37 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Ahks' "Not a Speed Triple"

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-24-2019, 12:00 AM   #361
Ahks
Feckin Eejit!

Ahks's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 11:54 AM
Flip Offs: 28
Flipped Off 24 Times in 22 Posts
Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Default Re: Ahks' "Not a Speed Triple"

Apparently I get shit done better when I make lists.

So, (apparently I start a lot of sentences with "so" too) the current goal is to get this pig road worthy.

Front end
Went back and found all the source material for parts compatibility and confirmed the parts on my bike with my posts in this thread, history in PMs, and gmail archives. Turns out I used a thread over on triumphrat to give me a parts list since DEcosse over there was so kind to catalog all the info and specs. That can be found here https://www.triumphrat.net/sprint-fo...ts-thread.html
Parts required to make this as painless as possible?
[✓] TLR/TLS Yokes
[✓] TLR/TLS/K1 busa forks
[✓] Sprint wheel/rotor/calipers
[✓] 13.5mm axle spacers
[..] caliper bolt spacers to move the calipers 2.5mm inboard
[..] fork height?
[..] fork oil
[..] if the fork height is anything above the top yoke, I'll need a bit more rise on my risers...
[..] speed sensor bracket

Rear end
[] Seat
[..] Battery/ecu tray
[..] Tail light
[..] Turn signals
[..] Plate hanger

Wiring
[..] de-spaghettify
[..] label each
[..] re-wrap

Spent today pulling the wheel off, cleaning and measuring all the spacers to verify I had the right shit, reassembling that (correctly this time), verifying it at least looks like 2.5mm spacers will sort the brakes, finding the oem battery/ecu tray and chopping it into a shape that fits the current bike.

I'll probably have to buy a new battery and fluids, and some of this shit will take some time to sort... but this looks likes a reasonable project. Glad I got out of my head and got back on the project. Feels good to have not come home and wasted an evening reading or playing video games.
Ahks is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-24-2019, 02:17 AM   #362
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 10:54 AM
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

Get cracking,buddy
shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived shinyribs!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-25-2019, 08:36 AM   #363
Ahks
Feckin Eejit!

Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahks View Post
Front end
[✓] TLR/TLS Yokes
[✓] TLR/TLS/K1 busa forks
[✓] Sprint wheel/rotor/calipers
[✓] 13.5mm axle spacers
[..] caliper bolt spacers to move the calipers 2.5mm inboard
[] fork height?
[..] fork oil
[..] if the fork height is anything above the top yoke, I'll need a bit more rise on my risers...

Rear end
[] Seat
[] Battery/ecu tray (needs a bit more trimming to fit the Monster seat properly
[..] Tail light
[..] Turn signals
[..] Plate hanger

Wiring
[..] de-spaghettify
[..] label each
[..] re-wrap

Trimmed the battery/ecu tray last night, made new mounting holes to the subframe, dry fit the Monster seat, marked off a few more placed I need to to make it fit.

Then set the fork height per Suzi spec, and dropped the bike back onto the ground for the first time in 2 years

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-25-2019, 08:54 AM   #364
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 10:54 AM
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

Ain't it amazing how much you can get done once motivation strikes?
shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived shinyribs!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-25-2019, 09:32 AM   #365
Ahks
Feckin Eejit!

Seriously... Even the birds nest of wiring feels like a relatively simple task now
This user High Fived Ahks!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-26-2019, 10:12 AM   #366
Ahks
Feckin Eejit!

Quote:
Front end
[] caliper bolt spacers to move the calipers 2.5mm inboard
[] fork height
[..] fork oil
[..] Need the bars 15mm higher to clear the fork adjusters

Rear end
[] Seat
[..] Battery/ecu tray
[..] Tail light
[..] Turn signals
[..] Plate hanger

Wiring
[..] de-spaghettify
[..] label each
[..] re-wrap

Buddy of mine works at a parts shop that supplies a few manufactures. Tossed me a fist full of washers that they cut to 2.5mm (Apparently +/- .2mm) thiccness. Using my trusty harbor freight digital calipers, I measured out 4 that were closer to +/- .01mm and tossed them in to space the calipers inboard a bit and made sure the bike still rolled and stopped. Still need to torque bits down before "final"

Also measured out the additional rise needed with the fork height set properly and pulled the top yoke and risers off. Looks like they need to be 15mm higher than they are to clear the adjusters. Current riser+spacer is ~20mm, so I'll need risers that put the bars ~35mm/1 3/8" above the top yoke so they don't interfere with the adjusters.

Sat on the bike, with the bike on the ground, for the first time in 3.5 years last night.

This weekend may be a bit of garage cleaning so I can roll the bike out into sunlight.
These people High Fived Ahks!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-01-2019, 12:39 AM   #367
Ahks
Feckin Eejit!

Sorted taller risers with some trash garage fab work. Took a few days of my life and I’ll probably end up buying some down the road to play with the handlebars rise and offset. Was really trying to keep my 30mm spacers threaded all the way through but the aluminum kept dimpling around the hole while tapping it, on what was supposed to be a mating surface. Ended up just popping the hole bigger to clear the bolt and rely on the threads in the riser.

Tossed the bars back on, set the fork height again since I took the top yoke off, and sat on it again...

Time to flip a coin on whether I start to label the wiring harness next time I'm out there, or see if I can button up some of the tail work.

I'll redo my list above when I'm on PC again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-01-2019, 10:50 AM   #368
Junkie
re-tarded
CF Addict
Junkie's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:54 AM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Junkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to behold
Fighter of the Month 

In my experience trying to have threads in 2 different things on the same bolt rarely works well anyway.

A steering damper dampens steering oscillations. If it starts to leak, it may become a steering dampener. There's no such thing as a dampner.

Bikes: naked SV1000 with all the possible bling, FE570, FS570, 450XCF SM trackbike
Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-01-2019, 11:17 AM   #369
Mattson
Stressed Member
Mattson's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:54 PM
Flip Offs: 24
Flipped Off 33 Times in 21 Posts
Mattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Month 

Yea the latter part will not tighten properly unless the length and the thread is positioned juuust right. Having threads in the riser bit wont do you any favors

Bashan BS200-S7 '07 Street Quad
Mattson is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-01-2019, 11:43 AM   #370
Ahks
Feckin Eejit!

I tried to epoxy the spacer onto the riser, then run the tap through the riser into the spacer so the threads would line up right, but as the spacer surface material expanded, it just broke the epoxy bond and pushed the riser off the spacer. Tried a few times, more oil, slower, etc.

Quote:
Front end
[] caliper bolt spacers to move the calipers 2.5mm inboard
[] fork height
[] fork oil
[] Need the bars 15mm higher to clear the fork adjusters

Rear end
[] Seat
[..] Battery/ecu tray
[..] Tail light
[..] Turn signals
[..] Plate hanger

Wiring
[..] de-spaghettify
[..] label each
[..] re-wrap
Only have the speed sensor to sort out, then only tail/wiring to do, then a bit of suspension tune and it'll be rideable.

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes