JamesHambleton 87' VFR750 Liz Discussion - Page 2 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Streetfighter Buildoff > 2018 Winter Buildoff > Discussion Threads

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > JamesHambleton 87' VFR750 Liz Discussion

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-10-2017, 07:22 AM   #11
yantosh

yantosh's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 02:20 PM
Flip Offs: 13
Flipped Off 18 Times in 16 Posts
yantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: JamesHambleton 87' VFR750 Liz Discussion

gsxr yokes are 207mm, would only need 1.5mm spacers , I have a gsxr1000 bottom yoke here, possibly a top too ... I'd need to check
yantosh is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-10-2017, 10:49 AM   #12
JamesHambleton
Wanna be racer

CF Addict
JamesHambleton's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 12
Flipped Off 14 Times in 11 Posts
JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

It's the radial caliper to disc offset that I'm trying to correct enough to keep the disc off the calliper body.

Just been speaking to Yorkshiregooner and he says that the Gen 3 and Gen 4 cbr1000rr yokes are the same dimensions meaning the 2008-2016 yokes are all interchangeable with each other. So I'm picking them up on Sunday at a bargain price too!
JamesHambleton is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived JamesHambleton!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-12-2017, 03:47 PM   #13
JamesHambleton
Wanna be racer

CF Addict
JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Noob question incoming....
With the read end, should I align the swingarm for the best chain alignment or the best shock alignment, or best wheel alignment?
JamesHambleton is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-12-2017, 04:07 PM   #14
Wrexz
Noobie
Local Time: 09:20 AM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Wrexz is really niceWrexz is really niceWrexz is really niceWrexz is really niceWrexz is really niceWrexz is really niceWrexz is really nice

Have you considered a spacer to move the disks away from the wheel
Wrexz is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Wrexz!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-12-2017, 04:38 PM   #15
JamesHambleton
Wanna be racer

CF Addict

I did consider it - it's something that I've done on my cb500 (23,000miles done so far since 1st jan 2017) when I did the rear wheel swap as the disc needed moving out by a few mm to clear the calliper. It's something I'd risk on the rear (I never use the rear at all, it's gone rusty for perspective) but never something that I would want to do on the front even though I know it's safe.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-13-2017, 08:13 AM   #16
SEBSPEED
V4's FTW
SEBSPEED's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 53
Flipped Off 57 Times in 47 Posts
SEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

What's that rifle that snuck into your pic there matey?

Find me on Facebook at Sebspeed Customs

Float like a Goldwing, sting like a gixxer

2015 FOTY VFR750

2016 threads
Turbo 7/11

750 Slingshot
Discussion thread

2017 thread
VFR800 Build
SEBSPEED is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-13-2017, 10:42 AM   #17
JamesHambleton
Wanna be racer

CF Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEBSPEED View Post
What's that rifle that snuck into your pic there matey?
Dammit saw you had commented and though you was going to suggest guidance.

It's an AGS PCR-1 (air rifle), with a silencer (can't remember the brand) and a nikko stirling 4x32 scope. It's on the legal limit of power without needing a firearms licence (12ft.lb) though I don't need anything bigger as it's only pigeons and rats which I shoot.
My dad does a lot of shooting so he's got a few rifles and a couple of shotguns, oh and about 3/4 air rifles.
This user High Fived JamesHambleton!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-13-2017, 12:17 PM   #18
SEBSPEED
V4's FTW
SEBSPEED's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 53
Flipped Off 57 Times in 47 Posts
SEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

You look like you've got everything under control for now. Curious to see how you work around the larger OD CBR stem.

Find me on Facebook at Sebspeed Customs

Float like a Goldwing, sting like a gixxer

2015 FOTY VFR750

2016 threads
Turbo 7/11

750 Slingshot
Discussion thread

2017 thread
VFR800 Build
SEBSPEED is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived SEBSPEED!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-13-2017, 01:42 PM   #19
JamesHambleton
Wanna be racer

CF Addict

I've taken the easy route and getting the vfr stem pressed out... now I think about it.. *goes away and measures*

I'll be needing a shim for the rc24 stem (30.5)into the cbr yokes (35mm) damm it.
Sometimes I wish I had a lathe..

Top yoke stem hole 33mm wide, 16mm depth through yoke

Bottom yoke 35.25 wide?? Flange depth 6.5mm, flange dia37.25, total depth through yoke including flange 35mm

I'll get the rc24 dimensions tomorrow as it's 6c/42f outside and a 8mph wind.

Really it's with the swingarm that I've got no idea with, get the shock aligned up properly first and then work out everything else from there or is the shock ok to be off center in the swingarm but corrected with spacers?
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-13-2017, 04:23 PM   #20
yantosh

yantosh's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 13
Flipped Off 18 Times in 16 Posts
yantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

done the spacer thing with arms before, RSVR Mille arm in a blackbird for one
yantosh is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived yantosh!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Streetfighter Buildoff > 2018 Winter Buildoff > Discussion Threads