JamesHambleton 87' VFR750 Liz Discussion - Page 4 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Streetfighter Buildoff > 2018 Winter Buildoff > Discussion Threads

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > JamesHambleton 87' VFR750 Liz Discussion

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-15-2018, 06:45 AM   #31
JamesHambleton
Wanna be racer

CF Addict
JamesHambleton's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:14 PM
Flip Offs: 12
Flipped Off 14 Times in 11 Posts
JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Default Re: JamesHambleton 87' VFR750 Liz Discussion

Wist was fixed then I did about 11days around the alps and crashed my bike straight into the side of an alp.
Expect another update today in the main thread
JamesHambleton is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-15-2018, 06:45 AM   #32
JamesHambleton
Wanna be racer

CF Addict
JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Wist was fixed then I did about 11days around the alps and crashed my bike straight into the side of an alp.
Expect another update today in the main thread
JamesHambleton is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-16-2018, 05:28 AM   #33
Cookie2000ad
Persuasion Engineered
Cookie2000ad's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 02:14 PM
Flip Offs: 166
Flipped Off 59 Times in 27 Posts
Cookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CK
Default Medal Burnout Contest Winner Fighter of the Month 

Waaaaht? You ok?

The clearance on these bars is pretty sloppy, you going to ask for your money back or anything? Alternatively, make some shims out of 0.5mm stainless sheet an you might be fine (I'm assuming the tape was just for temporary mounting, right?!?)

Like I did for my forks ages ago:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie2000ad View Post
Made the shims for my new forks to fit the lower clamps from 0.5mm brushed S.S.:

Cookie2000ad is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Cookie2000ad!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-16-2018, 06:11 AM   #34
JamesHambleton
Wanna be racer

CF Addict

Can't seem to find a way to embed videos but this is a video of it incline of the bit i hit was about 1:1 foookin steep. Note the way the bike almost rolls over on top of me before I kick it away.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfwb6JFuudQ

Also the tape... well it's good enough for now got another year yet before she'll be on the road I'd guess.. Need to figure out those lock stops as currently it's been the forks that hit the frame, though I'll definitely look into some of that thin metal sheet, as if I drop and/or crash I don't want the bars buggering the tank up.

Been reading Seb's rc24 build but no photos of the lock stops, I like smokers but way too fancy for me.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-16-2018, 06:17 AM   #35
Cookie2000ad
Persuasion Engineered
Cookie2000ad's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 02:14 PM
Flip Offs: 166
Flipped Off 59 Times in 27 Posts
Cookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CK
Default Medal Burnout Contest Winner Fighter of the Month 

Ha, were you trying to pull into that lay-by and over shot, or did you just happen to ride off there?

With the tape, you really should get it clamping to a solid material, not tape! Not just under crash circumstance, you don't want them to budge under hard breaking or acceleration, a bump, a tank-slapper, etc, all or which could quickly lead to more off-roading!
Cookie2000ad is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Cookie2000ad!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-16-2018, 08:34 AM   #36
JamesHambleton
Wanna be racer

CF Addict

Was a little tired and was riding quicker than I should have been on a road I didn't know (first timer) had a slight lapse of concentration, while leaving the corner and ran maybe a foot too wide. I would have banked it over but I would have ended up in the edge of the layby and lowsiding on the gravel, then I targit fixated and couldn't snap out of it. Knocked my speed down from 50mph down to 15mph on the gravel then well.. I went over a small bit of a gully and went up the hill/alp as you saw.
These people High Fived JamesHambleton!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-30-2018, 01:21 PM   #37
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp
370steve's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 21
Flipped Off 34 Times in 7 Posts
370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

congrats on passing the first part of your unrestricted licence

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
370steve is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived 370steve!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-01-2018, 10:21 AM   #38
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp
370steve's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 21
Flipped Off 34 Times in 7 Posts
370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

bigger congrats on doing your mod2 mate

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
370steve is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived 370steve!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-01-2018, 11:23 AM   #39
ROBBO
MAJOR FOOKIN' CATASTROPHY
ROBBO's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 10:14 AM
Flip Offs: 643
Flipped Off 1,366 Times in 753 Posts
ROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month Default Medal Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesHambleton View Post
Was a little tired and was riding quicker than I should have been on a road I didn't know (first timer) had a slight lapse of concentration, while leaving the corner and ran maybe a foot too wide. I would have banked it over but I would have ended up in the edge of the layby and lowsiding on the gravel, then I targit fixated and couldn't snap out of it. Knocked my speed down from 50mph down to 15mph on the gravel then well.. I went over a small bit of a gully and went up the hill/alp as you saw.

That sux! glad yer OK James'

...ALL FOR ONE AND ONE FOR ALL...
ROBBO' 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoker View Post

Fucking reaper better fear me.
ROBBO is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived ROBBO!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-14-2019, 06:16 PM   #40
bonehead
Fucking Retard
Fighter
Local Time: 09:14 AM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 5 Times in 3 Posts
bonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond repute
Fighter of the Month 

Re:the speedo,

The information you get from the "manufacturer" to put it mildly is vague as fuck, I couldn't even work out how to set the clock, no info on what sequence to push buttons, youtube to the rescue.

I have a couple of wiring diagrams if you want, blinkers etc are straight forward, don't bother measuring wheel circumference for setting your speed, use speed app on phone and then just adjust the wheel circumference.

Oh and the lens will eventually crack......
bonehead is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Streetfighter Buildoff > 2018 Winter Buildoff > Discussion Threads