Eeeeeeeeee FE - Page 4 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Eeeeeeeeee FE

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-11-2019, 02:47 PM   #31
Zweihammer
Misfit

Fighterer
Zweihammer's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:46 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Zweihammer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Zweihammer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Zweihammer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Zweihammer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Zweihammer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Zweihammer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Zweihammer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Zweihammer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Zweihammer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Zweihammer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Zweihammer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Default Re: Eeeeeeeeee FE

I know you will make this as awesome as your others. I love me some EFE.
This just came up for $600 on the local Craigslist and I am having an internal debate get/not get it.
Absolutely donít need, but want.
I know this isnít the place for an objective opinion.
Attached Images

2019 Winter Build Off Bike

2019 Winter Build Off Chit Chat

Bones heal, chicks dig scars, pain is temporary, glory is forever. E. Knievel
Zweihammer is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Zweihammer!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-11-2019, 03:07 PM   #32
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp
370steve's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 12:46 AM
Flip Offs: 21
Flipped Off 34 Times in 7 Posts
370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zweihammer View Post
I know you will make this as awesome as your others. I love me some EFE.
This just came up for $600 on the local Craigslist and I am having an internal debate get/not get it.
Absolutely donít need, but want.
I know this isnít the place for an objective opinion.
DO IT, DO IT NOW

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
370steve is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived 370steve!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-11-2019, 10:35 PM   #33
Zweihammer
Misfit

Fighterer
Zweihammer's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:46 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Zweihammer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Zweihammer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Zweihammer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Zweihammer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Zweihammer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Zweihammer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Zweihammer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Zweihammer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Zweihammer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Zweihammer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Zweihammer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

You spooked me into calling back right then.
Well, I should have jumped when I first called, the ad had only been up 4 hours at the time. It is gone now.
I couldn’t get to it on Friday, had to see if it was still there today.
Story of my life.
There was an 83’ 1100e advertised as part of an estate sale one week. Apparently, it didn’t sell and the next week it was up as free if it was picked up that day. Nice bike, low miles, parked four years.
I was three hours away and he wouldn’t hold it for me for more than an hour, first come first serve.
It was gone by noon, of course.

Glad you got yours in your hand.

2019 Winter Build Off Bike

2019 Winter Build Off Chit Chat

Bones heal, chicks dig scars, pain is temporary, glory is forever. E. Knievel
Zweihammer is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Zweihammer!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-12-2019, 07:19 AM   #34
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp
370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

pity you missed it mate, looked to be a real bargain

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-12-2019, 08:58 AM   #35
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

had a look around the web for suitable direct connection rear shocks, seems like a few but most need re spring for use with direct fitment.

but having had a few hornets with this type of shock fitment, i went to see what was readily available with upgrades if needed.

seems that the CB1000R is just what i am looking for, will be almost bolt on with no re spring required, i will probably buy an old second hand one just for set up purposes, best of all is that most if not all of the aftermarket performance options (ohlins, Nitron, hyperpro, biturbo) are out there for when needed.

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-12-2019, 01:59 PM   #36
yantosh

yantosh's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 13
Flipped Off 18 Times in 16 Posts
yantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

CB1000r shocks are stiff as fuck , we've used them in fireblades, tried one in the Bandikat, ended up with an R1 shock
yantosh is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-12-2019, 02:02 PM   #37
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by yantosh View Post
CB1000r shocks are stiff as fuck , we've used them in fireblades, tried one in the Bandikat, ended up with an R1 shock
is that with linkages? i am fitting same as they are fitted on the CB1000R, bolted to swing arm at one end and frame at other

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-12-2019, 02:22 PM   #38
yantosh

yantosh's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 13
Flipped Off 18 Times in 16 Posts
yantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 370steve View Post
is that with linkages? i am fitting same as they are fitted on the CB1000R, bolted to swing arm at one end and frame at other

https://www.customfighters.com/forum...ad.php?t=63165
yantosh is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived yantosh!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-12-2019, 02:36 PM   #39
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by yantosh View Post
yan, i am going to use the CB shock for set up, can always get a "proper" shock set up spring wise later

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
This user High Fived 370steve!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-13-2019, 08:19 AM   #40
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

swing arm spindle turned up today, correct diameter, wrong length! so Taff is going to be busy.

i will also get some top hats made for the swing arm/spindle fitment at the same time.

purchased a cheap used CB1000R shock from e-bay, to use for setting the swing arm geometry,

have got some ideas of how it is going to get fitted, spent a far bit of time studying pictures of my various hornets, fitted with various types of swing arm, to give me some good ideas of how it needs to be, but will make a real plan once i have the shock to work with.

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes