Random thoughts... - Page 1462 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Off Topic > Open Discussion

Open Discussion Anything non-motorcycle related goes in here.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Random thoughts...

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-10-2019, 06:54 PM   #14611
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:59 PM
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: Random thoughts...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattson View Post
Yep, and the throttle has two settings, full and ignition cutout, which is when one of those is priming for a landing you hear it spit and stutter between bouts of WOT. It also veers to the right (or was it left) while airborne for the same reason and the pilot has to constantly correct for it.
I didn't know this, but I have heard/seen what you're explaining. I was always like "wtf, can pilots not tune carburetors"? But knowing why makes is pretty cool!
shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-11-2019, 04:53 AM   #14612
Mattson
Stressed Member
Mattson's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:59 AM
Flip Offs: 24
Flipped Off 33 Times in 21 Posts
Mattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Month 

If I'm not mistaken there is some sort of a mechanism to make the engine kind of idle by giving it only enough sparks to stay alive but as far as I know other than that it's either full tilt or periodically killing it.

Random thought of the day: how detached can some people be... Some time ago I was doing my usual mail route when this home care nurse person comes knocking on my window looking disheveled and stressed out, I roll down and before I can even say anything she starts an avalanche of pleas and profanities towards me, I had to listen to a while to even catch onto what's the matter at hand. Turns out her car had locked her out and she can't get back in because the remote key she's holding won't open her doors which is why she's quite late for her schedule. I walk behind her to the car listening to a continuous slew of curses and assorted slurs towards the "shit company Dacias" they have, I walk up to the car take the keys off her hand and sure enough nothing happens from the buttons so I just say no probs tvmhe remote battery has probly just run dry, insert the key into the lock twist it and open the door. The look on her face was like I had just performed the most astounding magic trick right in front of her, after staring at me with eyes the size of tea saucers for a few seconds she almost yelled at me HOW THE HELL DID YOU DO THAT?! Ehmm there's a lock in the door you know? Handed the keys to her and walked off stifling a giggle unilt I was out of her range

Benelli Tornado TRE Novecento 2006
EX: Triumph Daytona 955i DSSA 2002 Fighter
My homebrew blog thread thingy: Oddball Brewery
Mattson is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Mattson!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-11-2019, 05:47 AM   #14613
rex_saugerty
V four honda whore
rex_saugerty's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 40 Times in 39 Posts
rex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 

Usually those locks are fucked up with debris and rust

1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0
rex_saugerty is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-11-2019, 09:45 AM   #14614
Junkie
re-tarded
CF Addict
Junkie's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:59 PM
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Junkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to all
Fighter of the Month 

hit and miss engines used to be common, although those generally didn't allow air/fuel into the cylinder when missing, so an engine running far from smoothly at part throttle was the norm

A steering damper dampens steering oscillations. If it starts to leak, it may become a steering dampener. There's no such thing as a dampner.

Bikes: naked SV1000 with all the possible bling, FE570, FS570, 450XCF SM trackbike
Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-11-2019, 09:47 AM   #14615
rex_saugerty
V four honda whore
rex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 

Beter than that indian i saw, that had manual ignition advance on left handlebar

1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0
rex_saugerty is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-11-2019, 05:22 PM   #14616
beezwiz
GURU
CF Addict
beezwiz's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:59 PM
Flip Offs: 7
Flipped Off 14 Times in 8 Posts
beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rex_saugerty View Post
Beter than that indian i saw, that had manual ignition advance on left handlebar
What's wrong with that? Most older than 1965 motorcycles had manual advance of some sort. Made riding that much more involved... like the foot clutch / hand shifts of old did too.

And I looked and behold a pale horse. And the rider's name was Death.
beezwiz is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-12-2019, 03:58 PM   #14617
rex_saugerty
V four honda whore
Fighter of the Month 

Nothing wrong, just seems more difficult and easyer to detonate the fuck out of bike

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-15-2019, 07:16 PM   #14618
Casper
The friendly Ghost.
Casper's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:59 PM
Flip Offs: 188
Flipped Off 34 Times in 28 Posts
Casper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 

Started the weekend with cutting a trail in a closed fire zone (sanctioned work), was a ton of fun making the trail how I would like to see it.

Rainy day hike, saw less than a dozen people on the PCT and Timberline (very high traffic areas) and then over a dozen on a day hiking trail to Romona Falls (pictured). Lovely... Need to back as I chose not to do the ridge hike with the questionable weather.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_2273.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	1.91 MB
ID:	105962   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_2274.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	1.80 MB
ID:	105964   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_2300.jpg
Size:	630.8 KB
ID:	105966   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_2308.jpg
Size:	731.8 KB
ID:	105968   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_2307.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	1.22 MB
ID:	105970  

Casper is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Casper!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-15-2019, 09:25 PM   #14619
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:59 PM
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

That is a badass waterfall! Absolutely gorgeous.
shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-16-2019, 10:17 AM   #14620
Mattson
Stressed Member
Mattson's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 24
Flipped Off 33 Times in 21 Posts
Mattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Month 

Anyone here got themselves professionally massaged and had weird after effects? I went in last friday for a 50min shoulder session, got the funky piss I was warned about as crap gets moving but ever since friday I've had this insatiable hunger, and I don't mean feeling peckish that can be chased out with a snickers bar, I've been shoveling mounds of grub down the hatch like a damn teenager with not much more than an hour of reprieve til I'm yearning for the next fill. Fukken weird and I can't really think of other unusual things of late that could have had anything to do with it...

Benelli Tornado TRE Novecento 2006
EX: Triumph Daytona 955i DSSA 2002 Fighter
My homebrew blog thread thingy: Oddball Brewery
Mattson is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Off Topic > Open Discussion