Random thoughts... - Page 1463 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Off Topic > Open Discussion

Open Discussion Anything non-motorcycle related goes in here.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Random thoughts...

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-16-2019, 12:47 PM   #14621
Casper
The friendly Ghost.
Casper's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:01 PM
Flip Offs: 188
Flipped Off 34 Times in 28 Posts
Casper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: Random thoughts...

That's just weird...
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-16-2019, 01:22 PM   #14622
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Smoker's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 33
Flipped Off 13 Times in 12 Posts
Smoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattson View Post
got the funky piss I was warned about as crap gets moving
What does this mean???

Without knowing specifics. I'd have to guess that that the shoulder massage had nothing to do with your appetite, other than coincidental timing.

Unless, you were having so much shoulder pain that you haven't been eating before the massage; and pain relief allowed your appetite to return. Seems unlikely, though.
Smoker is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-16-2019, 02:54 PM   #14623
Mattson
Stressed Member
Mattson's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 02:01 AM
Flip Offs: 24
Flipped Off 33 Times in 21 Posts
Mattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoker View Post
What does this mean???

Without knowing specifics. I'd have to guess that that the shoulder massage had nothing to do with your appetite, other than coincidental timing.

Unless, you were having so much shoulder pain that you haven't been eating before the massage; and pain relief allowed your appetite to return. Seems unlikely, though.
It gets impurities flowing, makes your wee fukken reek specially if you haven't been in a long time getting bruised. ^ That probly might actually be the case, specially so since we went straight for a night out with my neighbor. Doesn't explain though why I'm still binging anything within my grasp that's borderline edible

Benelli Tornado TRE Novecento 2006
EX: Triumph Daytona 955i DSSA 2002 Fighter
My homebrew blog thread thingy: Oddball Brewery
Mattson is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-16-2019, 03:10 PM   #14624
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Smoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on here

Quote:
It gets impurities flowing, makes your wee fukken reek specially if you haven't been in a long time getting bruised.
Thought you were being serious for a minute.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-16-2019, 03:11 PM   #14625
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:01 PM
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Anyone here got themselves professionally massaged and had weird after effects? I went in last friday for a 50min shoulder session, got the funky piss I was warned about as crap gets moving but ever since friday I've had this insatiable hunger, and I don't mean feeling peckish that can be chased out with a snickers bar, I've been shoveling mounds of grub down the hatch like a damn teenager with not much more than an hour of reprieve til I'm yearning for the next fill. Fukken weird and I can't really think of other unusual things of late that could have had anything to do with it...
Definitely no doctor, but when I get injured ( which seems to be alot) I stay hungry while I'm healing. I assume it's my body working double time to patch shit up. The bigger the injury the bigger the appetite.

Weirdly related, my Dad jumped off the back of his work truck and caught his shirt sleeve on the ladder rack midway down. It jerked his shoulder pretty hard and he had a lot of pain in his shoulder and surrounding back area for a few days, then it went away. His shoulder never hurt anymore, but he started having really bad lower back pains, and couldn't put his finger on what was making them come and go. Finally, he noticed the pains would start showing up when he was starting to feel hungry and would get severe after he ate. It got painful enough that he was losing weight due to not wanting to eat. He got sent to a chiropractor that said it all made sense to him and that he had some nerves out of place. Instead of feeling the sensation of hunger his body was making him feel back pain due to his shoulder injury. Sounds weird as hell, but the doc worked on his shoulder that day and it all went away.
shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-17-2019, 09:00 AM   #14626
mcantar
Fuck it, let's do it live

CF Pimp
mcantar's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:01 PM
Flip Offs: 44
Flipped Off 21 Times in 20 Posts
mcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympus

https://youtu.be/l_qe6xXq5Nc

Hypermotard 1100S the weight-shavening.
Bandit 1200 cafe/fighter that will never get finished at this rate.
Turbo Busa v2 2017 Buildoff.
Turbo Busa V1.2 2016 Buildoff.
Turbo Busa v1.1
919 Hornet build'n'flip, lotsa electrical diagnostic info in there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poopie View Post
Everything should be turbo'd, and what the fuck is a budget?
mcantar is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-17-2019, 09:15 AM   #14627
Mattson
Stressed Member
Mattson's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 02:01 AM
Flip Offs: 24
Flipped Off 33 Times in 21 Posts
Mattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Month 

Ouch... What's the damage? U ok? Just thought about not seeing you here much of late

Those bikes make a unique noise when they're being dragged along the tarmac. It goes something like $cr€€€€€€€€€€€€€ch...

Benelli Tornado TRE Novecento 2006
EX: Triumph Daytona 955i DSSA 2002 Fighter
My homebrew blog thread thingy: Oddball Brewery
Mattson is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Mattson!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-17-2019, 01:46 PM   #14628
XxGRYMMxX
Breaking shit...
CF Pimp
XxGRYMMxX's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:01 PM
Flip Offs: 8
Flipped Off 13 Times in 10 Posts
XxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on here

ouchie.... hope youre all good Mason. how bad is the damage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcantar View Post
They can ban, outlaw, and restrict whatever they please. I'll keep doing whatever the fuck I'm doing, because I don't really give a shit. The only thing that will change is that I'll be breaking their made up bullshit rules while doing it, and I'm comfortable with that.

My Build http://www.customfighters.com/forums...d.php?t=118649
XxGRYMMxX is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived XxGRYMMxX!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-17-2019, 03:50 PM   #14629
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcantar View Post
Oh, damn!

Hope you're okay, and the bike damage is minimal.
This user High Fived Smoker!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-17-2019, 07:05 PM   #14630
mcantar
Fuck it, let's do it live

CF Pimp
mcantar's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:01 PM
Flip Offs: 44
Flipped Off 21 Times in 20 Posts
mcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympus

Not too terrible. I'm fine, right hip and left shoulder are a wee bit sore... dunno about the shoulder, probably just aggravated old injuries as nothing really happened there. The hip, I think just hyper-extended a bit as the bike and I parted ways. I was back on track on the Hyper pretty much immediately after a sandwich and some ibuprofen.

Gear... I'm more pissed about the gear than the bike. Jacket got 2 holes worn through the forearm at the edge of the internal hard armor, not to mention the airbag went off. Flat rate of $300 to repack the airbag, but my understanding is they won't touch it until the leather is 100% which isn't going to be cheap. Saw a guy posted somewhere about being charged 50% the cost of his suit to repair it.
That crash I had a few years ago involving the car, I had another Dainese jacket on which had their old leather (the new stuff was phased in within the last 2 years I think)... that was a lot rougher of a crash than this and the leather held up WAY better. I don't like this new stuff at all. The marketing around it is all about "softer and lighter" but it seems they sacrificed durability to get there.

The bike is fine. Not great, not terrible. Left side/front/tail plastics, rearset, switchgear, tank. Somehow the tank isn't dented at all, just scraped and only on the ridge line... could probably be covered up entirely with a set of those carbon protectors. Lever is completely useable, ground down on the tip but not bent.
Problem is finding plastics. White Panigales are pretty hard to find and a lot of the pieces are very minutely different between the 899/1199 and the 959/1299 generations so I have like a 2-year range of a color that they made like 1/4 or less of.

Hypermotard 1100S the weight-shavening.
Bandit 1200 cafe/fighter that will never get finished at this rate.
Turbo Busa v2 2017 Buildoff.
Turbo Busa V1.2 2016 Buildoff.
Turbo Busa v1.1
919 Hornet build'n'flip, lotsa electrical diagnostic info in there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poopie View Post
Everything should be turbo'd, and what the fuck is a budget?
mcantar is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Off Topic > Open Discussion