97 Tarded YZ Build - Page 43 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Non-Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Dirty Tards & Minis

Dirty Tards & Minis Everything about dirtbikes, motards and minis goes in here!

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > 97 Tarded YZ Build

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-20-2019, 09:50 AM   #421
Junkie
re-tarded
CF Addict
Junkie's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:41 PM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Junkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to all
Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: 97 Tarded YZ Build

Oh, I was thinking ID looked significantly larger than M8. Makes sense that a metric to metric adapter is easier to find than metric to SAE, I guess they use the latter here because an M16 tap is unusual while a 5/8-11 tap is easy to find (at least here).

That is cheaper than I'm used to, I'll have to keep that in mind for the future, although having to buy the tap might counteract the savings.

A steering damper dampens steering oscillations. If it starts to leak, it may become a steering dampener. There's no such thing as a dampner.

Bikes: naked SV1000 with all the possible bling, WR450SM street legal, 450XCF SM trackbike
Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Junkie!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-20-2019, 04:03 PM   #422
RS_Raz
Chief Bodger
Senior Fighterer
RS_Raz's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 02:41 AM
Flip Offs: 9
Flipped Off 8 Times in 8 Posts
RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

That's it. The M16 taps were the most expensive bit (and quite a workout TBH). I only went for cheap ones coz aluminium.

Striving to remain dynamic in an ever-evolving environment and shit like that.
RS_Raz is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-20-2019, 04:39 PM   #423
Junkie
re-tarded
CF Addict
Junkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to all
Fighter of the Month 

yeah, I don't have a tap handle big enough for it so I've always ended up using 2 wrenches the right size. certainly doesn't make it easier.

A steering damper dampens steering oscillations. If it starts to leak, it may become a steering dampener. There's no such thing as a dampner.

Bikes: naked SV1000 with all the possible bling, WR450SM street legal, 450XCF SM trackbike

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-20-2019, 05:48 PM   #424
RS_Raz
Chief Bodger
Senior Fighterer
RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

I found an E-Torx socket that fitted and used my Long handled 1/2" Mac Ratchet. I can't imagine using a tap wrench on that. I twisted the fuck out of my biggest tap wrench doing the M12x1.0mm nut for the kicker

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-21-2019, 10:08 AM   #425
Junkie
re-tarded
CF Addict
Fighter of the Month 

a nice big tap handle works well. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Cleveland-N...temCondition=4 one of those is 15" long the other 18" so I'm sure they'd do the trick, as an example.

I'm not sure why smaller tap wrenches are typically T shaped while larger ones are straight... although there are smaller straight ones around too.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-21-2019, 04:40 PM   #426
RS_Raz
Chief Bodger
Senior Fighterer

Yeah I had some of the smaller versions of those and the taps would always loosen up in them no matter how tight I crank it up. Would be better for big stuff like M16

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-16-2019, 03:18 PM   #427
RS_Raz
Chief Bodger
Senior Fighterer

Tard fun today!

These people High Fived RS_Raz!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-21-2019, 04:16 PM   #428
RS_Raz
Chief Bodger
Senior Fighterer

Got Spirit Beast rear indicators:

They're a slightly strange Orange colour but they're really bright and great quality. Done well over a thousand miles with these on now and they haven't even fallen apart once yet

These people High Fived RS_Raz!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Non-Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Dirty Tards & Minis