Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

Lot of Noobs

8K views 21 replies 14 participants last post by  rubbersdown 
#1 ·
Anyone else notice how many people in this years buildoff have less than 5 posts, some only 1).

Not a bad thing, but kinda surprising...

#3 ·
i can see fighter of the month having a minimum post requirement, but FOTY, they need to post before/after/updates, i dont see an issue personally. Then again thats my 2 cents, however if my memory serves me the community isnt judging anymore? It would be nice if what that person offered to the community played a role in it, or if there were more people, have price limits set, then again someone with 50k worth of machining equipment...how would you add up the cost? Maybe next year do amatuer (most of us) novice (have a few machine tools) pro (actually have a shop) You would probably need to have alot more bikes entered so it would need advertising. just some thought and suggestions, take it for what its worth.

#4 ·
Like I said, I don't think it's a bad thing, just interesting...

I like to know who/what I'm up against in anything I do---I'm never one to go in blind. EMS training taught me better.

#7 ·
yah sanitys. we were trying to get something together for a 'pro' class this year...just not able to get everyone together for it this year. hopefully for next year tho.

#9 ·
i could have entered the wifes hawk, but seriously, im not someone who can wait to buy parts/work on a bike, when i decide to go out and work on it, its gotta be then, if not its never getting done, and im probably like most of you, if i dont buy bike parts, the money disappears into the void, thats why this year and last i didnt enter, but i still try to help the community.

#11 ·
I posted up to make sure I'm in. I don't know exactly when I'm gonna be able to get goin on it, But once I start I don't stop and I post up progress every day, So I'll be rittleing my thread with posts soon as I can get a few more things done to the 750. Then my attention is on the triumph ! :party-smiley:

I'm soooooooo ready to ride, I HATE winter :(

#14 ·
I seriously considered to enter the buildoff with the frame I bought off TPD.
But finishing it until May wouldn’t be possible in the short time I have available, at least not without botching it together.
I prefer a clean and accurate build that looks better in nature than on pictures.
And I want to get the 11W done before I start something new.
That’s why I decided against an entry, maybe next year.

#15 ·
every time i decide to get up and get pics, and start some wiring my work calls me in even though im laid off to go and haul snow, for which i wont make any money (because im seasonal)

im getting pissed off...

#19 ·
well im on layoff for the winter, so my government insurance is supposed to pay out, and my work hours get banked until spring. any other job id be pissed, but it fucks with the insurance and i wont get paid from that, so i wont make anything. and i LOVE my job, so theres no way im quitting... i put up with a lot of shit at work but i love what i do so i just deal

basically, there was a numerical error and the government was paying me 78 bucks every two weeks. either way, everythings sorted now and i can take part in the buildoff! tomorrow ill get a paper and snap a pic, get my shit goin!

im excited to get the old girl humming again now, i mean it runs i just cant wait to start fucking with it!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.