Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

Need A Gauge?

194K views 169 replies 75 participants last post by  makenzie71 
#1 ·
It’d be great if this could be made a sticky.
Streetfighters.com.au has some threads like this so I thought it’d be good if we had our own, yeah?
So here we go:

These are available from ebay seller ‘dan_dans_treasure_chest’: http://myworld.ebay.com/ebaymotors/dan_dans_treasure_chest/

First up is the SP4. Very basic, it features speedometer and odometer with indicator lights for turn signals, high beam and neutral. Cost is $72.69 + $22 p/h

Next we have the SP3. It has speedometer, odometer, tachometer, fuel gauge and clock and also has indicator lights for turn, high beam, neautral and low fuel. Cost is $116.31 + $28p/h

Next is the SP6 with speedometer, tachometer, odometer and indicator lights for turn, high beam, neutral and oil pressure. Cost is $102 + $22p/h

And then comes the SP2. Displaying speed, tachometer, odometer and fuel in a similar package to the acewell series, it also features indicators for turn, highbeam, neutral, oil/temp and warning (I guess sidestand could be hooked to it). Cost is $102 + $22p/h

Last we have the SP7. This unit looks very much like the Koso RX-1N. It features speedometer, tachometer, odometer, fuel or temperature gauge and clock along with indicator lights for turns, high beam and neutral (displayed with P). Cost is $102 + $22p/h.

This unit is also available from another seller on ebay, waimaozhijia10 for the most modest sum of $50 + $15p/h. http://myworld.ebay.com/ebaymotors/waimaozhijia10/

See less See more
#156 ·
I would say NO.

I bought one of these Chinese jobs, it's a rip off of a Koso unit, and I wasn't impressed. In fact I returned it for a full refund. I can't remember all the issues, but one was you couldn't set the RPM that the shift light came on. What's the point in that?

Do yourself a favour and buy a Koso unit/ They do one that looks the same. I have one fitted to my ZRX1200R and it's covered around 5,000 miles since install and taken a fair amount of heavy rain and hasn't let me down.

If it's for a bike with a rev limit of just over 10,000 RPM then buy the 10,000RPM model. If you go for the 20,000RPM model then the needle hardly moves!

#161 ·
I bought that exact tach for my '80. It's in my build thread somewhere. It lights up beautifully and is a nice looking piece in the flesh. But I never could get it to read properly. If I hooked it up before the coil it didn't just read slow ,like the ppr was off, it just read randomly. Hooking it to a high tension wire would kill the spark to that cylinder. Exact same results I've had with every trailtech tach I've tried to make work.

If you get one and make it work please pm me. I really like how that gauge looks lit up.

#165 ·
You'll likely need to install an electric speed sensor to feed the gauge.

#166 ·
So...very little updates in this thread lol

I'm going to need an aftermarket speedo. I'll probably go with a Vapor because I've used them in the past and was quite happy with it...but pennies must be pinched where pennies can be pinched! Have any of the generic clocks on eBay improved any? Anything with an analog tach worth looking at in the $50~75 area?

#167 ·
Has annyone tried this clock?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/191780000273?item=191780000273&viewitem=&vxp=mtr

For $25 I thought I'd give it a go, but the instructions are abysmal. I'm splicing it into my factory harness and on the instructions it lists a line for "key ignition" and one for "direct to battery". I'm trying to sort out if they need to be wired up like that...with the one going direct to the battery...or if both can be wiring off the switched positive like the stocks clocks. Any ideas? Would it be for memory, maybe?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.