Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

Battery power vs. 3 sets of headlights

789 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  yantosh 
#1 ·
Hello all. I want to make my 07 Ninja 650 a little ridiculous by adding 3 sets of dual headlights. I have a few thoughts/questions.

My first idea is using 3 pairs of these. I doubt the quality of these but it's the exact look I would want.: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Or I can get 3 sets of used twin lights from older bikes and try to make some kind of front fairing for them. None I've seen have the rear standalone bucket like the above. Since they are mostly 1990's I expect a similar light output.

Now either way I'm not sure about the high/low output from the new lights, and if having 3 sets will drain my battery too much. I could just wire 1 or 2 sets and have the other for looks.

Also I am wondering about adding elsewhere 4 LED black light strips I have, and disabling the daytime running light (which I think is stupid and bike has currently. Could I just put an on/off switch on way to headlights?) I'm keeping rear light and blinkers stock but that could change later.

Thanks for your wisdom.

See less See more
#2 ·
Dominator headlights have a very poor lens pattern so they don't focus the light verywell/at all. Most people who get bikes with them fitted just chuck the entire unit in the bin.

I understand you want to be seen but remember there is a maximum amount of power your bikes charging system can supply, ballpark it as 300w (PEAK). Take this into consideration with how many lights you're going to fit and the total of other lighting such as tail light, the ecu ect.

If you're wanting to be seen rather than aesthetical appearance , change of riding style and position is needed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.