New to Streetfighters. AUS-Brisbane - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > New Member Introductions (For Noobs!)

New Member Introductions (For Noobs!) Are you new here? Just want to say hi? This is a great place to introduce yourself or ask beginner questions.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > New to Streetfighters. AUS-Brisbane

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-20-2020, 07:08 PM   #1
ViolentZx
NoObie
Noobie
Local Time: 08:10 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
ViolentZx is a NOOB
Wink New to Streetfighters. AUS-Brisbane

Hey Folks,

I have owned my zx6-r 2009 for 6 months before I decided I want to turn it into a street fighter due to circumstances.

I guess to start off, what have I done so far and what are my plans, so with this I am at a stuck point and thought to join this forum for information and project ideas.

What circumstances am I talking about? Well, this is where it gets interesting; I am 23 M, crazy at heart and on the throttle as well. 130hp bike I find too much fun, doing wheelies and all the silly stuff. Initially I was planning to sell my Zx as I figured ill kill myself on it, took it to a dealership for a RoadWorthyCert and a trade in price. They checked it over, and on my way back to work all the fairings flew off my bike and torn to shreds. I don't know what happened, they refused to pay for damage so I was stuck with a Bike I couldn't sell! What to do huh? Turned around and said Fuck It! Bought a mask off of Ebay, some lights, bar end blinkers and some fork clamps. Now this part is where I have a found myself in a position to join this forum for some additional questions.

1: How do you go about custom making a tail. I was thinking of buying some foam blocks off of ebay and sculpturing it and fibreglassing over. I have never done this, no fibreglass experience but I am very good with my hands.

2: I am curious how you guys went about mounting your streetfighter masks onto your bike. I only have fork clips which I will perhaps make some brackets to then bolt the fibreglass mask on but perhaps there are better ways to go about it.

Project Vision: I will remove the Yoshimura exhaust, from the headers custom fabricate an exhaust with a side exit. I will go 1 size wider rear tyre from current to give it that Extra FAT!. I am not changing my suspension and bike geometry to keep the Kawasaki's fine engineered handling. I will add a larger rear sprocket as currently my bike gets happy after 50mph, all under that speed is just idle in 1st.

Looking forward to hear from you all. Stay safe out there from cagers haha.

Some photos to get an Idea.

https://s1126.photobucket.com/user/V...tml?sort=3&o=0
ViolentZx is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-21-2020, 07:12 AM   #2
yantosh

yantosh's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 02:10 AM
Flip Offs: 14
Flipped Off 18 Times in 16 Posts
yantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: New to Streetfighters. AUS-Brisbane

foam block and fibreglass was how I made my tail
yantosh is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-21-2020, 07:51 PM   #3
ViolentZx
NoObie
Noobie
ViolentZx is a NOOB

Hell Yeah, I will try that and see how I go.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-21-2020, 09:13 PM   #4
929_adam
Eff Tee Pee
929_adam's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:10 PM
Flip Offs: 501
Flipped Off 166 Times in 132 Posts
929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

Welcome to the site. Take a look through the build threads to get ideas for mounting headlights and making tails..there’s been a lot of that. Dig through!

Gavin Wayne Butts - Greencheezeeta - 10/5/83 - 9/8/09 RIP My Brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpls|cafe|racer
"Knowledge is knowing that you know nothing." That's a motto to live by. There's always someone out there better, more knowledgable, faster, etc. and you can always learn and improve...
AFF.COM
929_adam is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-22-2020, 04:23 PM   #5
ViolentZx
NoObie
Noobie
ViolentZx is a NOOB

Sure thing!, I will scout through. If I get any progress done I will perhaps post a photo in the bottom. Going to Hardware store today for some sculpturing materials.
This user High Fived ViolentZx!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-22-2020, 08:20 PM   #6
mcantar
Fuck it, let's do it live

CF Pimp
mcantar's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:10 PM
Flip Offs: 45
Flipped Off 21 Times in 20 Posts
mcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViolentZx View Post
Sure thing!, I will scout through. If I get any progress done I will perhaps post a photo in the bottom. Going to Hardware store today for some sculpturing materials.
Insulation foam boards work well.

Hypermotard 1100S the weight-shavening.
Bandit 1200 cafe/fighter that will never get finished at this rate.
Turbo Busa v2 2017 Buildoff.
Turbo Busa V1.2 2016 Buildoff.
Turbo Busa v1.1
919 Hornet build'n'flip, lotsa electrical diagnostic info in there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poopie View Post
Everything should be turbo'd, and what the fuck is a budget?
mcantar is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived mcantar!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-23-2020, 11:48 AM   #7
MikeGyver
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
MikeGyver's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:10 PM
Flip Offs: 310
Flipped Off 172 Times in 148 Posts
MikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too much
Default Medal Fighter of the Month 

Welcome aboard!

'98 Ducati 916
'00 Ducati 996
'03 SV650(sold)

Skully Stickers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danbuc View Post
yell, "Built not bought mother fucker!" in there face and then spit on their bike and walk off.
MikeGyver is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > New Member Introductions (For Noobs!)