AusEr6Guys build - Page 4 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > AusEr6Guys build

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-15-2020, 04:13 AM   #31
Auser6guy
Fighter
Local Time: 04:19 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Auser6guy is a name known to allAuser6guy is a name known to allAuser6guy is a name known to allAuser6guy is a name known to allAuser6guy is a name known to allAuser6guy is a name known to allAuser6guy is a name known to allAuser6guy is a name known to allAuser6guy is a name known to allAuser6guy is a name known to allAuser6guy is a name known to all
Fighter of the Month 

Latest pics
So today added an ABS sensor bracket; found that (once it had been molested) a brake fluid reservoir bracket was perfect for the job.
I added the correct 5mm brake spacers so the brakes are spot on now.
I also added the Zx10r bracket for the steering damper.
The Z1000 guard will fit the forks but it needs some trimming around the mounts
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	38B133D1-331F-4F7A-9049-17B7811FD142_1581757566384.jpeg
Views:	9
Size:	1.51 MB
ID:	107642   Click image for larger version

Name:	ECD50A2C-56B6-4F9B-839D-49FCE5CB9EEC_1581757734271.jpeg
Views:	7
Size:	955.6 KB
ID:	107644   Click image for larger version

Name:	DB93C64A-3DFA-4492-A6EB-9A0B6E6BCDD0_1581757846189.jpeg
Views:	8
Size:	1.08 MB
ID:	107646   Click image for larger version

Name:	AA09504B-4169-420C-BB07-566DDD62E362_1581757947710.jpeg
Views:	8
Size:	1.06 MB
ID:	107648  
Auser6guy is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Auser6guy!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-15-2020, 02:40 PM   #32
Auser6guy
Fighter
Auser6guy is a name known to allAuser6guy is a name known to allAuser6guy is a name known to allAuser6guy is a name known to allAuser6guy is a name known to allAuser6guy is a name known to allAuser6guy is a name known to allAuser6guy is a name known to allAuser6guy is a name known to allAuser6guy is a name known to allAuser6guy is a name known to all
Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: AusEr6Guys build

remaining to do's

trim Zx10r front guard so it fits the forks
Install Brake pads(f&r)
Install Rear shock
Install Gauge
figure out what Im going to do about a rear reflector
Install rearsets
recondition and install 3/4' Master cylinder and new reservoir
Adjust ergo's

Ride the effing thing somewhere nice
This user High Fived Auser6guy!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-16-2020, 08:32 PM   #33
spotarama
old, tired, but willing
Fighter In Training
spotarama's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:19 AM
spotarama is a NOOB

" figure out what Im going to do about a rear reflector "

try pushbike shops, those old fashioned mini reflectors with a threaded post on the back that you had on the back of the bike when you were a kid look ok on the rear number plate, usually centre bottom bolt hole or use two to attach the plate itself
you can get ones about 3/4" across and they're enough to satisfy legal requirements, my mate got his 46 indian thru rego with one on
spotarama is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived spotarama!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-17-2020, 01:01 AM   #34
Auser6guy
Fighter
Fighter of the Month 

Thanks @spotorama I reckon I can find a small enough item just I don't like where my plate is now let alone add to it if you know what I mean.
Id like to know what the ADRs are first I think. Ive been toying with the idea of some sticker type reflectors on the trailing edge of the swingarm( where the axle sliders are). But what are the chances that the ADR is something x cm off the ground, visible from space etc ? *rolls eyes.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-18-2020, 03:03 PM   #35
929_adam
Eff Tee Pee
929_adam's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:19 PM
Flip Offs: 501
Flipped Off 166 Times in 132 Posts
929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

Good work! Admire your dedication to the job with those working conditions. Quite a small shed ya got lol

Gavin Wayne Butts - Greencheezeeta - 10/5/83 - 9/8/09 RIP My Brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpls|cafe|racer
"Knowledge is knowing that you know nothing." That's a motto to live by. There's always someone out there better, more knowledgable, faster, etc. and you can always learn and improve...
AFF.COM
929_adam is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-18-2020, 03:32 PM   #36
Auser6guy
Fighter
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 929_adam View Post
Good work! Admire your dedication to the job with those working conditions. Quite a small shed ya got lol
Thanks man! Not ideal but far from what others have. The shrine where I worship Yantosh is under the stairs lol
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-18-2020, 10:28 PM   #37
spotarama
old, tired, but willing
Fighter In Training
spotarama's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:19 AM
spotarama is a NOOB

https://www.legislation.gov.au/Details/F2016C00338

have a look on here, i think from what i found - no less than 250mm from the ground, no more that 900mm from ground
spotarama is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived spotarama!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post Today, 05:40 AM   #38
Auser6guy
Fighter
Fighter of the Month 

So ive trimmed the front guard but it looks ghetto. Rideable.. but uglier than a hat full of arseholes. Proper zx10 fender on its way. Fitted the new front pads (fucked up the order on the rear so had to reorder)and ordered a master cylinder rebuild kit for the front. I finally got around to checking the bars for level and symmetry..Damn i was way off judging by looking at it. Need glasses
Ive decided to put the reflective tape on back of the chain adjusters(both sides) and see if that passes.

Still have a laundry list of things to tidy up but one good thing with the lockdown is that i have some time.
The main thing i want to tackle is how and where to mount the Koso gauge ...
I dont really want anything forward of the top triple and i have the steering damper in behind. I dont want to go behind that as itll be too night I guess That only leaves on top of the triple..... but how?
Initially i thought id make a bracket off the top triple bolt... Im in two minds about it ...any ideas ?

List of shit to do

- [ ] Replace left hand switch gear
- [ ] Install rear brake banjo light switch
- [ ] Install indicator flasher relay
- [ ] replace handlebar tubes
- [ ] install 3/4 Master cylinder piston
- [ ] Bleed brakes
- [ ] Install Brake pads rear
- [ ] Wire up gauge
- [ ] Replace clutch switch
- [ ] Install rearsets
- [ ] Mount gauge somewhere
- [ ] Paint and fit front guard
- [ ] Install Rear shock
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	3C2E5C53-5280-4945-9A5E-7D3A27A26E78.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	980.1 KB
ID:	107928  
These people High Fived Auser6guy!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes